Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone good at college level statistics???

Old 02-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Anyone good at college level statistics???

I have a couple questions on this study guide that the teacher gave us, and I'm completely blanking on it... Anyone good at college level statistics???-imageuploadedbytapatalk1361935058.212017.jpg

I can't figure out how he's getting these numbersin the answers... ie: .0036, .032 etc.

Can anyone help?
Old 02-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I thought I was good at it until I saw this. Realized I forgot most of statistics.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
D
Old 02-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanksTaco View Post
The answer is C.
my last post was the grade i made in statistics last year.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
Certified Mall Crawling Instructor
SwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Name: Steven
SwanksTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
my last post was the grade i made in statistics last year.
#highschoolswag
Old 02-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #7
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
Got an A in stats... and I remember nothing...
Old 02-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #8
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I think I got like a C+ in engineering statistics. Didn't try at all in that class. No curve like there should've been. The professor was a frickin grad student. First class he'd ever taught.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
dmz1241 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
dmz1241's Tacoma Gallery
im "studying" for a college stat exam right now as well. Yours must be a harder class. Cant help you there, good luck though...
Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Squeaky Penguin's Tacoma Gallery
Looks to be binomial probabilty distribution. Uses a form of the combination fomula.

P(x)=nCxPi^x (1-Pi)^n-x
(not the best way to type a formula)

You should have a table in the back of your book that basicly gives you the answers.
C=combination
n=the number of samples, in this case 7
PI=the probibily of a success, in this case .55
Old 02-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #11
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
I have a couple questions on this study guide that the teacher gave us, and I'm completely blanking on it... Attachment 197942

I can't figure out how he's getting these numbersin the answers... ie: .0036, .032 etc.

Can anyone help?
C(7,0) is 7 choose 0, also known as binomial coeff. There's a function on scientific calculators for that...
Old 02-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #12
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanksTaco View Post
#highschoolswag
not in high school..
Old 02-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #13
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thats what I am having trouble with, like i see that these are the answers... but I dont know how the hell to compute it, its crazy
Old 02-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #15
"young Brett"
Squeaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shedSqueaky Penguin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
C(7,0) is 7 choose 0, also known as binomial coeff. There's a function on scientific calculators for that...

Mmm, still pretty sure it's a combination.

7 combination 0=

7!
_______

0!(7-0)!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #16
Newman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant futureNewman has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
Newman's Tacoma Gallery
I just had to go and check my transcript. Somehow I got a B in Business Statistics and remember nothing.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #17
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky Penguin View Post
Mmm, still pretty sure it's a combination.

7 combination 0=

7!
_______

0!(7-0)!
Just use WolframAlpha. For example, C(7,3) = 35.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=c%287%2C3%29
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #18
"young Brett"

True,

but if you look at my first post that's only the first part of the formula...
Old 02-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #19

think i got it, so to figure out those numbers you go 7 nCr 0 then multiply by the rest of the equation, and so on.... that was the hard part out of the way... then everything else is just plugging in crap... think i got this one after an hour lol
Old 02-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #20
"young Brett"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
think i got it, so to figure out those numbers you go 7 nCr 0 then multiply by the rest of the equation, and so on.... that was the hard part out of the way... then everything else is just plugging in crap... think i got this one after an hour lol
Sounds like you got it. They way he wrote the answer didn't make it clear he was doing the nCr combination stuff.