Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Client not paying bill..

Old 02-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
$enior M3MB3R
jdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant future

Name: John
jdickey03's Tacoma Gallery
Client not paying bill..

I may be shit out of luck but just seeing if anyone else has experienced this and how you handled it. Basically long story short, we were called up by a guy who wanted a whole new water system(2 storage tanks, 2 ozone systems, jet pump/pressure tank, and misc. parts). Guy agrees on the $14,000 total, asked if he could pay in cash. Guy pays $6k cash up front for the tanks. Jobs done everything is installed, go up to the house and no ones home. Call the guy multiple times, says hes down south and is getting the money(turns out he was growing weed at the house and was selling it to get the money for us, which isn't uncommon for the area I live in) A week goes by and i've called so many times and left messages that his answering machine is full. Finally I send him a text since i have no other way of getting ahold of him. I said I need to get the payment from him or i'm going to go back and pull all my stuff out but the 2 tanks he paid for. He finally texts back and tells me how the tanks have settled and that the pvc is on the ground and that the integrity of my crew wasn't up to his standards.(the crew was me and one of my employees, he never once was at the house when we completed this job). He says his mother is sending us a $4,600 check and that will complete his payment. Also if we step foot on his property(which turns out to not be his property he's renting it) he will call the sheriff on us for trespassing. So basically its been 2 weeks since that text and I have yet to recieve a check. and im $8k in the hole on this job. My problem is, and fortunately I've never had this problem before, is that we never set up a contract. I have the estimate that I wrote up (made copies for him and i) and the bill. I also have the serial numbers for all of the equipment. Basically I'm asking am is there anything I can do to get my payment. As far as I know for the "law" is that you can't take away water from the people, but I can easily remove all the equipment that I installed and install the old equipment. I've tried to find out who owns the property and contact the owner but haven't had luck yet. Anyone have any advice or anyone gone through this issue? We've never done contracts but I'm definately writing one up for every job now.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
My friend, I believe you need the advice of a lawyer here. Sorry about your troubles. You probably can get a free consultation with a decent lawyer, maybe get some "official" letters sent out. Good luck, it kind of sounds like you are dealing with someone who has scammed before and knows what he is up to.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #4
TAP Auto Parts
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
Well if you cant get any legal help, I am sure you can find some one to "collect" for less then what he owes you.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
$enior M3MB3R
jdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
Hmm, small claims court? Do you have anywhere at all where he said the amounts he was willing to pay like a text message?
I only recieved the 6k that he gave me the day we met, he still owes $8k. Said his mom was sending us $4,600 which still has never showed up. I have the texts saved.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
$enior M3MB3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
My friend, I believe you need the advice of a lawyer here. Sorry about your troubles. You probably can get a free consultation with a decent lawyer, maybe get some "official" letters sent out. Good luck, it kind of sounds like you are dealing with someone who has scammed before and knows what he is up to.
Yeah probably going to have to deal with a lawyer. I've done a little research on the guy he's some kind of "doctor" something about talks to the bodies organs to make them work together, i dont know. I found a website that has his business and a picture of him. I drove by where the site said the address was but it looks like an empty building, i'm assuming a front for his other job.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #7
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You said he asked to pay cash , does that mean he was not charged appropriate taxes ?
Old 02-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
$enior M3MB3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas of MRT View Post
Well if you cant get any legal help, I am sure you can find some one to "collect" for less then what he owes you.
Funny thing is this method was mentioned when we were talking about how we are going to get the payment. As much as I would like to do it, I don't want my company to look bad.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
$enior M3MB3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You said he asked to pay cash , does that mean he was not charged appropriate taxes ?
lol we definately charge the appropriate taxes, and claim all cash payments.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #10
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
go take all your shit back. fuck that db.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #11
$enior M3MB3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
go take all your shit back. fuck that db.
that's how I see it. When I read the text to the employee that worked the job with me, he laughed and said he calls his bluff that he'll call the sheriff. Especially with the grows that he has going on up there.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #12
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Step 1. Open file with these nice people.

Step 2. Wait for fireworks.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdickey03 View Post
that's how I see it. When I read the text to the employee that worked the job with me, he laughed and said he calls his bluff that he'll call the sheriff. Especially with the grows that he has going on up there.
One up him and show up with a sheriff with you haha.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I would go back and take what is yours. That guy is gone my friend.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #15
dtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant futuredtopgun515 has a brilliant future

Name: Darrell
dtopgun515's Tacoma Gallery
^^^thats what I'm saying! If he's never there how's he going to know you took your equipment back?
Old 02-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #16
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post
Step 1. Open file with these nice people.

Step 2. Wait for fireworks.
you love the AG huh? i doubt they'd GAF. OP, honestly, go take your stuff back and put old stuff back in.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #17
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Just call the sheriff yourself and let them know you will be reclaiming your property. That way if he does call they already know about it. Take your shit and put it in the past.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #18
$enior M3MB3R

So I can legally go back on the property and get my equipment back? I have serial numbers for the equipment(take them for warranty purposes). I just dont want to show up, take my shit back. Then have the cops at my shop for trespassing and theft. In my eyes, the stuff he didnt pay for is still mine. But not sure how the legality works.... and there is no contract.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #19
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I can legally go back on the property and get my equipment back? I have serial numbers for the equipment(take them for warranty purposes). I just dont want to show up, take my shit back. Then have the cops at my shop for trespassing and theft. In my eyes, the stuff he didnt pay for is still mine. But not sure how the legality works.... and there is no contract..
Call the sheriff and ask them.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #20
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I can legally go back on the property and get my equipment back? I have serial numbers for the equipment(take them for warranty purposes). I just dont want to show up, take my shit back. Then have the cops at my shop for trespassing and theft. In my eyes, the stuff he didnt pay for is still mine. But not sure how the legality works.... and there is no contract..
I'd confirm that with local law enforcement and not just go on the word of people on TW saying just to take it lol.