Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Imagine owning this beast

Old 03-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
BchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant futureBchLVers has a brilliant future

Name: Randy
BchLVers's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to BchLVers
Imagine owning this beast

http://youtu.be/hEA02kfdh8o

here's the writ up on it

The inevitable has happened.
There are only so many possible permutations of a metal box on four wheels designed to go fast over any terrain, and from the Jeep Wrangler to the Range Rover, all of them have been explored in some degree with varying levels of ability and luxury. It was only a matter of time before a group of mad engineers gathered together and said "Screw it, let's go six-wheel-drive."
Those engineers work for Mercedes-Benz, and this creation, the G63 AMG 6x6, isn't a concept, but a luxury SUV that the German automaker will build for a handful of wealthy customers.

Six-wheel-drive trucks have been in military and commercial use for decades; Mercedes made a few for use before World War II, and its commercial division has supplied a 6x6 version of the old Gelandewagen to Austrian forces since 2011.
But that truck features a bare metal cabin and power from a 185-hp diesel. The AMG engineers swapped the drivetrain from the G63 AMG, featuring a 5.5-liter, twin-turbo V-8 good for 536 hp, mated to a seven-speed transmission, good enough to hustle the 8,300-lb. juggernaut to 60 mph in about six seconds. Inside, there's room for four passengers to ride in a tableau of luxury, from the quilted white leather seats and carbon-fiber accented dash to the bamboo-lined cargo area.
As for the six wheels, they're not just for show. AMG splits the torque 30/40/30 among the axles from front to rear for maximum traction, with locking differentials for all 37-inch wheels; the 6x6 can ford water more than three feet deep and its 52-degree approach angle means it will climb most anything short of a sheer cliff face. For desert travels, the tires can be inflated and deflated from a panel in the cabin.
According to Autoweek, Mercedes plans to build about 20 to 30 of these behemoths starting in October for a price just below the $457,000 AMG will charge for an all-electric SLS, and if you have to ask about miles per gallon, then clearly you don't own enough oil wells to afford one.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting
Old 03-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Jay Leno will buy one.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
i would
Old 03-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
450k would buy a lot of toys.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
450k would buy a lot of toys.
+ a pretty nice house.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #8
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
The 3rd axle keeps it from getting stuck in mall tree wells like jeeps I hear.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #9
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
I like. Pavement pounders will love it.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #10
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
But does it have A-TRAC?
Old 03-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
But does it have A-TRAC?
Its got ATRAC-Squared
Old 03-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #12
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Its got ATRAC-Squared
No hood skewp though.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #13
Toy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Tom
Toy4me's Tacoma Gallery
Lift kits are gonna be pricy.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #14
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
Waiting for Optimus Prime to make an appearance at 2:30 based on the music and cinematography.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #15
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
FINALLY I can do turns in the sand!!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #16
rkarabao is a splendid one to beholdrkarabao is a splendid one to beholdrkarabao is a splendid one to beholdrkarabao is a splendid one to beholdrkarabao is a splendid one to beholdrkarabao is a splendid one to beholdrkarabao is a splendid one to behold

rkarabao's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Taco 6x6's

Check out these Toyota 6x6 conversions!
Artic Trucks: http://www.arctictrucks.com/pages/4701
Multi Drive Technology: http://www.multidrive.com.au/index.html
Old 03-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
But does it have A-TRAC?
Nope, but it has 5 lockable diffs.

I imagine the thing would be quite comfortable traversing the Golden Crack at Moab.

Only real drawback of this vehicle is the limited top speed of portal axles.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #18
4Running
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Just wait for the chromed out, lambo door version sure to be drifting around Abu Dhabi. Cool video, OP.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #19
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Found this on the rear view mirror Chris , you might want to reconsider.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #20
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
i would
x2