Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

"cures" for flash burns to eyes

Old 03-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
"cures" for flash burns to eyes

well i think my auto darkening hood was begining to fail today while welding on the truck, and now my eyes are in the pre stages of the pain and misery that comes with flash burns.

What are your home remedies to ease the pain? it is not severe enough to go get perscription eye drops from the doctor, so i am just looking for some home remedies that i might not have heard of yet.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Just take some ibuprofen close your eyes put a cool towel over them and stay in a dark room. No TV. and try to sleep it off.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3187 View Post
well i think my auto darkening hood was begining to fail today while welding on the truck, and now my eyes are in the pre stages of the pain and misery that comes with flash burns.

What are your home remedies to ease the pain? it is not severe enough to go get perscription eye drops from the doctor, so i am just looking for some home remedies that i might not have heard of yet.

My wife works for an Eye doctor, I just told her about your question. This is what she said.

There is NOTHING you can do at home!! You need to get medical attention ASAP - if you do not you will not be able to sleep (it is that bad). The longer you wait the worse it will be and you could have permanent damage.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Potatoes.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Potatoes.
Fixes everything.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Fixes everything.
cut in half. apply each half squarely to each eye. Fix in place with duct tape
Old 03-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
smtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to behold

smtaco73's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I have used in the past and was informed from old school welders!! It worked for me about 15-20 years ago.
VICKS vapor rub under the eyes (cheek area). Dark room also.
Just my .02 cents. If you decide to use it, let me kow if it works for you.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fixes everything.
I was actually serious...
Old 03-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
potatoes
Old 03-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #10
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
My wife works for an Eye doctor, I just told her about your question. This is what she said.

There is NOTHING you can do at home!! You need to get medical attention ASAP - if you do not you will not be able to sleep (it is that bad). The longer you wait the worse it will be and you could have permanent damage.
this. i have to wear mirrored saftey glasses when i weld or shade 3 or 5 dark green glasses if im in an area with welding going on.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #11
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with going to the doc. If nothing else, they may be able to prescribe eye drops for pain.
If you aren't going to the doc, get some cool, damp washcloths and put them over your eyes and rest in a dark room.
You should definitely take this seriously, though. I'd recommend going to the doc first before trying anything else.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #12
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox1 View Post
cut in half. apply each half squarely to each eye. Fix in place with duct tape
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
I was actually serious...
I've never heard that trick before but seems to be popular for this type of injury.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #14
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've never heard that trick before but seems to be popular for this type of injury.
I was just kidding lol
Old 03-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Potatoes. Peel em, cut in half, place on eyes.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #16
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
shall have to try some vicks vapor rub tonight before bed.
i ended up just taking a nap and woke up feeling alright for the time being.

have to do more welding tomorrow so we shall see what happens ha
Old 03-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #17
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, please take this seriously. Eye injuries are no joke. You can permanently damage your sight off something like this. Trust me, going through life with limited sight is not the desired outcome.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #18
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
tea bags
Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #19
423Mram is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
423Mram's Tacoma Gallery
My dad was a welder for many years and whenever he would get arc eye, as he called it, he went with the potato slices over the eye. Also would sometimes do the wet tea bags over the eyes. Occasionally he would do the sliced cucumbers, but that was to help with puffiness/swelling.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #20
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3187 View Post
shall have to try some vicks vapor rub tonight before bed.
i ended up just taking a nap and woke up feeling alright for the time being.

have to do more welding tomorrow so we shall see what happens ha
take a few days off to fully recover. dont fuck with this one. I have heard horror storied of what happens when you get seriously flashed. Its just not worth the pain to get the project done a few days earlier.