Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Have y'all seen the new Corvette!!!!

Old 03-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Have y'all seen the new Corvette!!!!

2014 Corvette...and the "Stingray" name is back!

Holy crap this car is awesome!!!

http://1975129.r.msn.com/?ld=6vtIEYW...bcorvette+2014

If I wasn't completing a new home...my order would be in. Serious.
Between 1996 and 2010, I had 5 Corvettes (all new exept the 1971 LT-1)...

I've been thinkin' about a 911...but I do like the new Vette...a lot!

Jay Leno already has his
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/cars/c...ay/index.shtml
Old 03-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Been announced. Looks nice but the price tag is obviously going to be higher.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
sandstock is on a distinguished road

sandstock's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice car!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Have y'all seen the new Corvette!!!!-corvette1.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Been announced. Looks nice but the price tag is obviously going to be higher.
I've been a fan for 5 decades...

the price is higher each year.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I've been a fan for 5 decades...

the price is higher each year.
Yeah they say new Vette, yadaya, but only give it 12 more horsepower. That's not too impressive to me.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
looks good till you hit the back...the tail lights look like a malibu they could have done something different. over all looks good and im not a chevy fan
Old 03-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the viper, imo.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Yeah they say new Vette, yadaya, but only give it 12 more horsepower. That's not too impressive to me.
are you freakin' kidding?

maybe during a model run when they tweek the dash...add a few HP...new wheels...and up the price a grand...

but the differance between the new 2014 and the C6 is night & day...as was the C6 and C5...and the C4 was so far from the old Stingray platform ('68-'83) it was mind blowing.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait to see one on the streets . I just seen the lexus lfa for the first time today in person and that thing is badass . It was better in person . Those lines !
Old 03-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #12
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think the exterior is that much different...Inside appears more refined. The track numbers are slightly better, but not a huge leap. It is something new, something different.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #14
wareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
wareagle1's Tacoma Gallery
Everything except the backend is beautiful. Taillights look too much like a Camaro's. With that said I'd still love to have one. When the Z06 and Zr1 versions come out, this is going to one beast of a car.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I got to see this special edition model a few days ago. I'm assuming its a 2013. It looked real nice on the outside but I wasnt very impressed with the interior...it was pretty basic honestly but I've never been a big Corvette fan to begin with. I think Vettes are for the older crowd, haha but their still nice cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Have y'all seen the new Corvette!!!!-20130301_185233.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #16
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a fan of Corvette's but that is one nice looking machine.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #17
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
It's not so much about horsepower as it is refinement and evolution. The 2014 C7 Stingray has *tons* more technology than the C6, and uses more lightweight materials to produce improve performance without needing much more power. Obviously it is not rewriting the book on automotive technology (finally a nav system hahaha), but it is rewriting the book for Corvette, which has always been more or less a sledgehammer of sports cars. Now it is sophisticated, advanced, and truly world-class... especially the interior, which for decades has been screaming for more attention. I love the new design, can you tell? They put a great deal of effort and attention into the design and I am proud to be 'merican.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #18
Master Blaster
smkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmkd13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
smkd13's Tacoma Gallery
definitely like what they did with the body. has some classic stingray cues to it. and cant complain with "vette power"
Old 03-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #19
wareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
wareagle1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGXR View Post
It's not so much about horsepower as it is refinement and evolution. The 2014 C7 Stingray has *tons* more technology than the C6, and uses more lightweight materials to produce improve performance without needing much more power. Obviously it is not rewriting the book on automotive technology (finally a nav system hahaha), but it is rewriting the book for Corvette, which has always been more or less a sledgehammer of sports cars. Now it is sophisticated, advanced, and truly world-class... especially the interior, which for decades has been screaming for more attention. I love the new design, can you tell? They put a great deal of effort and attention into the design and I am proud to be 'merican.
This. The interior looks so much better compared to the C6. The seats were always a negative talking point for the critics. Looks like Chevy has addressed this along with everything else. The price is going to be the defining pitfall, with the outgoing C6 Z06 being over 100k. But for people that can afford it, it truly is a world-beater with price factored in with performance.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #20
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
It looks nice but I honestly would rather have a lotus evora instead