Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Someone enlighten me as to why people in motorsports are considered athletes.

View Poll Results: Are nascar/f1/le mans drivers athletes
Athletes 139 69.15%
Not Athletes 62 30.85%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #41
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Horseshit , you would be dead
my name is Jerry

http://youtu.be/LBQ2305fLeA
Old 03-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #42
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
nascar will give a workout, you can tell me it won't after you go out and run a full race.
the concentration, and endurance needed to do 200+ laps at 180+ mph in a hot car ( i think the documentary i watched said the cars are usually 90-110 degrees), should qualify a nascar driver as a athlete.

oh, and le mans drivers, drive for 24 hours strait and tell me it doesn't take something special to do that.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #43
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
BS, give me a couple days with one and i'll learn to get it around the track, it's like racing a normal car, just half the weight, twice the power and four times the grip.
Normal race cars are lucky to pull 1.7 g in a corner maybe 2, f1 pulls 3G acceleration, 5 to 6 g braking and 5 g cornering. After one day of trying to drive it your neck would be so sore you wouldn't be able to move it.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #44
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekernel114 View Post
Normal race cars are lucky to pull 1.7 g in a corner maybe 2, f1 pulls 3G acceleration, 5 to 6 g braking and 5 g cornering. After one day of trying to drive it your neck would be so sore you wouldn't be able to move it.

Thats just it. Once a driver is capable of driving a car, that is where the performance goes from a human limitation into a technology limitation.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #45
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
nascar will give a workout, you can tell me it won't after you go out and run a full race.
the concentration, and endurance needed to do 200+ laps at 180+ mph in a hot car ( i think the documentary i watched said the cars are usually 90-110 degrees), should qualify a nascar driver as a athlete.

oh, and le mans drivers, drive for 24 hours strait and tell me it doesn't take something special to do that.
Le Mans drivers don't drive 24 hrs straight
Old 03-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #46
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Thats just it. Once a driver is capable of driving a car, that is where the performance goes from a human limitation into a technology limitation.
So not true , the car is capable of going faster , the driver is the limiting factor
Old 03-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #47
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Fixed
Old 03-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #48

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What about Olympic rowing ? Is that all boat ?
^^^
Old 03-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #49
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tech is always being pushed farther and farther and to make use of the faster car you need to train even harder.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #50
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Le Mans drivers don't drive 24 hrs straight
the le mans i know about they did. it was called the le mans 24 hour, the gt 40 won it 3 times in a row.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #51

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
the le mans i know about they did. it was called the le mans 24 hour, the gt 40 won it 3 times in a row.
I know it's a 24hr race , but there is 3 drivers per car , they alternate
Old 03-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #52
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
Fixed
I was thinkin of posting that somewhere around here
Old 03-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #53
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
What about Olympic rowing ? Is that all boat ?
Sorry I walked home and forgot about this

The human is producing the power in the rowing, not a engine. The boats and paddles are there to supplement the power to get the desired performance.
But the power comes from the person

Drivers on the other hand supplement the engine, and no power comes from them. The only reason they are able to do what they do is because of an externally generated force.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #54
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So people driving bobsleds aren't athletes? Thats just falling down an ice tube. Anyone can do that.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #55
Internet Winner

Quote:
So maybe I could have worded this a little better
Old 03-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #56
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know it's a 24hr race , but there is 3 drivers per car , they alternate
interesting, i didn't know that. +1 to you.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #57
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
ok, that tool had a few hours with baby cars and then an hour with the F1? I'm talkin a couple of days
Old 03-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #58
Internet Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman117 View Post
So people driving bobsleds aren't athletes? Thats just falling down an ice tube. Anyone can do that.
Actually anyone can, but this is about motor sports, so start a new thread
Old 03-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #59
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So maybe I could have worded this a little better
It's all good. I just wanted to join the fracas
Old 03-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #60
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Was Lance Armstrong an athlete , or just a lying cheat that gave himself cancer ?