Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

California's new taxes

Old 06-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #61
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I moved out 15 years ago and the taxes and spending were stupid then. I can't imagine what it's like now. I miss the weather but I don't miss the expense and crime. I grew up there and when I was a kid it was a nice place. Now when I go back to visit family and friends it feels like a foreign country to me. Oregon has it's own stupid spending but nothing on the scale of California.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:54 AM   #62
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
The people wanting to get bailed out of their over priced mortgages will get the last laugh.

I was teased for years on how I am "wasting money" on rent when everyone was buying up these houses that were doubling in value every year. My take was it's not a profit until you liquidate.

Well, now that the houses are worth 1/2 of what they paid for them, these asses are going to get bailed out.

So, as it turns out, maybe I was the stupid one for living within my means.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #63
NUB
Tacovette is on a distinguished road

Navy: Retired
Name: Eddie
Tacovette's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacovette
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajuntaco View Post
If the politician work for us can we write off their salary on our taxes?
Agree I think we should be able to vote a salary cut for politicians. They should not make more than the average salary of the people they represent.

Taxes. I think it's time to go back to basics and cut the budget first. I think we get too politically correct sometimes and create these programs that help people when we shouldn't.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #64
The Italian has a spectacular aura aboutThe Italian has a spectacular aura about

Name: MIKE
The Italian's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know how many of you are state workers , but that is where the problem is.
You have the law makers (scum) being bought by the unions and hiring too many people with too high salary AND the huge retirement.
That's it ,nothing more
We cannot afford it ,the law makers (scum) want to be elected and the unions hand over the bribes to the law makers(scum) and it happens over and over until YOU vote those dirt bags out. We have to pay attention to who is running.The state is now at the point where we must go broke to get back to RED ink status
Old 06-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #66
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Colorado is no better. Welcome to a recession. Vehicle registration taxes went through the roof. Yeah they're not as much as CA ... but neither are salaries.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #67
stro908 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstro908 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstro908 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstro908 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstro908 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstro908 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstro908 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstro908 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstro908 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstro908 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstro908 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jared
stro908's Tacoma Gallery
hey, somebody has to subsidize all the illegal mexicans in your state.... Kick em all out = problem solved.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #68
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTaco View Post
(southern) California is fucking expensive, but it is the best place on earth. We have everything you need within a couple hours drive, mountains, snow, ocean, dirt, desert. I dont think any other state can beat that.
actually, SC can easily beat that based on the sole fact that it IS NOT CALIFORNIA!
Old 06-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #69
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
btw, i been checking out alot of houses lately. wanna guess on the yearly property tax of the last one we looked at? $563 per year. this is a 3 bedroom 2 bath country home with a little over 2 acres of beautiful land, not some mountain shack. This same house without the land would probably sell for 250k or more out in cali, and its nowhere close to that here in SC
Old 06-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #70

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule View Post
The people wanting to get bailed out of their over priced mortgages will get the last laugh.

I was teased for years on how I am "wasting money" on rent when everyone was buying up these houses that were doubling in value every year. My take was it's not a profit until you liquidate.

Well, now that the houses are worth 1/2 of what they paid for them, these asses are going to get bailed out.

So, as it turns out, maybe I was the stupid one for living within my means.
yeah no shit. i've never carried a credit card balance, always lived within my means, have excellent credit. so i get nothing, but all the idiots out there who dont know how money works but spend it anyway, get all kinds of help (i am speaking about citizens as well as CEO's and politicians). its time to let people start paying for their mistakes and stop taking money out of my check to pay for them. there are no mulligans in life
Old 06-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #71
dogbite is a jewel in the roughdogbite is a jewel in the roughdogbite is a jewel in the rough
dogbite's Tacoma Gallery
California has problems. Big problems. Most of them came from Ballot Initiatives. The elected state officials can only manipulate a small percentage of the state budget because laws passed via Ballot initiative dictate where most of the money must go.

The populace voted themselves bread and circuses and left the elected officials holding the bag. Sure, the elected ones have contributed to the mess too, but the biggest blunders have come from the populace. 85% of the budget is outside of legislator hands.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #72
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
NJ is FUCKING expensive!!! Plus we have 3 tolls roads and every bridges you try to leave NJ, you have to PAY!!! I have a Codo and I pay like $4000 in taxes plus the codo fees!

I want to be in cali so i can party hard all year long!! and go off-roading in my TACOMA!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 07:17 AM   #73
RockyTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Dojo
RockyTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
btw, i been checking out alot of houses lately. wanna guess on the yearly property tax of the last one we looked at? $563 per year. this is a 3 bedroom 2 bath country home with a little over 2 acres of beautiful land, not some mountain shack. This same house without the land would probably sell for 250k or more out in cali, and its nowhere close to that here in SC
...you mean more like 2.5 mil...i love SC, i went to socaste high, and plan to retire at myrtle beach.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:23 AM   #74
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
screw that man.. sales tax in Chicago is 10%. Highest in the country.. at least in cali you guys have the ocean, mountains and desert to make living there worthwhile.

Chicago is the worst effin city in the country I believe.