Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Teens on Tacoma World??

View Poll Results: How did you get your truck?
Hand me down. 11 11.70%
Life Savings!! 22 23.40%
Bought brand new 35 37.23%
Parents bought used 26 27.66%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #61
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
That was a serious question, too...I didn't know there was a law against getting poontang if you're single
Take it from another wiser old fart, girlfriends are over-rated
Old 03-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #62
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
What the hell girls at school love the Tacomas. My girlfriend sure as hell does, she said they have a nice look to them, unlike those big ass Ford's and shit
Old 03-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #63
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 19, legally an adult, but still, there's a -teen on the end of my number. I bought my truck myself with money I'd saved from work. My parents don't pay for anything of mine.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #64
Cajun Yota
Beaureguardbull is on a distinguished road

Name: John
Beaureguardbull's Tacoma Gallery
Handed down to me at 16. 263k on the clock. Rims and Tires were a birthday present. Everything else I have paid for with my cash. I keep her clean and get lots of compliments, waves, and winks from the ladies
Old 03-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #66
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
LOL maybe a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoTaco View Post
Sell the freaking truck and get a girl friend. You can always get another truck, but you can never replace what ....you'll be missin'......
Don't worry, Im not missing anything...

Old 03-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #68
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Parents bought my 96 Tacoma for $1500 3 months before I turned 15, my dad and I did body work, repainted it, and put in all new interior. Then in September 2011 I wrecked. Spent $1,000 to fix the frame and other parts, but it just wasn't reliable for long trips... Wish I would have kept it for a trail rig now...

First day we brought it home

New paint

Progress of truck

Then wrecked... I admit I balled my eyes out, had a lot of good times with this truck, it was like my baby... Makes me sad just thinking about it... Haha

But.... Now I've got an 03 that I'm paying for myself and it's going to be even better!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #69
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post

But.... Now I've got an 03 that I'm paying for myself and it's going to be even better!
It was totalled for that!? What happened? And nice new truck

I paid for half of my current truck. This past 6 months it has been shitting out though.. Dont have the money to replace it. But as along is it gets me where I need to go im Fine!

19 btw
Old 03-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #70
vette6991 will become famous soon enough

vette6991's Tacoma Gallery
Got my truck when I was 15 paid cash, 16 now.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #71
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettb View Post
It was totalled for that!? What happened? And nice new truck

I paid for half of my current truck. This past 6 months it has been shitting out though.. Dont have the money to replace it. But as along is it gets me where I need to go im Fine!

19 btw
No it wasn't officially totaled, but it did bend the frame. Ball joints, brakes, steering rack, cv, and the entire hub had to be replaced as well. The guy that owned the shop that we had the frame straightened at said that he really shouldn't have done it for us because it was a high risk. But with it being in Texas, inspections are passable as long as you have working lights and windshield wipers... Haha
Brakes never worked very well, the whole cab was tweaked, and the front suspension didn't line up right anymore. And with me going into the Air Force I had to get something more reliable. So we sold it to somebody we knew that was just going to use it for hunting and I bought an 02 silverado.

Found my 03 Tacoma here on base and jumped on it! Haha
Old 03-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #73
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Parents bought it for me (with 86k on the clock) when I was 17 after my CRV's air conditioning went out. it would have cost $1000 minimum to fix and the thing was only worth ~$4000. Plus I needed a truck for my summer job (delivering tires). I've had it for about 7 months and have put over 16k on it myself
Old 03-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #75
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Dammit! aha
I guess this is more of a how did you get your truck when you were a teen
Old 03-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #76
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Haha don't let ANYBODY tell you that you can't do something because you're young. I was doin 150+ with these old guys all day when I was a sophomore in high school.

Worked hard for repairs and mods on every one of my vehicles. So far, the Taco is the most modded vehicle I've owned, and that's thanks to 2 jobs and no girlfriend

Just sucks when you're chasing your dad the whole 15 laps while he's driving a car you built for him

Nice dress haha
Old 03-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #78
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07COMA801 View Post
tall tee and shorts
Yup. Had to wear long sleeves as per regulation, but it's in the middle of the Mojave in May...get's up to 110*F, nevermind the heat of the cars and the track combined. I'd die if I had to wear pants
Old 03-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #79
TacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud ofTacoBurrito07 has much to be proud of

Name: Jake
TacoBurrito07's Tacoma Gallery
17 here. Got mine used.

Got a full ride for school so my dad got me a truck. pretty good deal all around!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #80
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBurrito07 View Post
17 here. Got mine used.

Got a full ride for school so my dad got me a truck. pretty good deal all around!
better keep those grades up...