Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

My Email Account Got Hacked, Anyone Else?

Old 03-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My Email Account Got Hacked, Anyone Else?

I login and noticed that someone sent out a spam email using my Yahoo email account. I checked my login activity and it came from an ISP in Australia. So all of my contacts were sent a spam email with a link to a website. My biggest fear is that I use that email for Ebay, Paypal, Amazon, etc.. Some of the emails in my account were reciepts and had my name, address and even the last 4 numbers of my debit card. Im not sure if they read any of those emails so I changed my contact email for Ebay, Amazon, and Paypal. I also cancelled my debit card.

Anyone ever had this happen?
Also, I use Yahoo and Hotmail. Never had a problem with Hotmail. But after this Im thinking of opening up an email account with another server. Any other email sites that are better/safer?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
This happened to my dad a few weeks ago with his yahoo account. They sent out spam email to all of his contacts too, but they it from Vietnam. Looks like its time change your password more often now.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
philobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant future

Name: - philo
philobeddoe's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to philobeddoe
seems to be happening to a lot of people lately, I'm getting a lot of spam from contacts, particularly older folks getting hacked, probably clicking on stupid links. Who knows. Just change your password.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:58 AM   #4
Pick your poison
okie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
okie's Tacoma Gallery
Happened to me. Got a new email addy, changed all info on accounts etc..

Hope all will stay well?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:42 AM   #5
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Happens to my father in law what seems like every few months. He's always downloading crazy shit. Then my poor sister in laws husband, who is the family computer guru has to deal with it. What sucks is I got spam from him one time, thouht it was legit, and went to the sight and put in my e-mail to see what it was about. Huge mistake, my e-mail is constantly loaded with spam now.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
hutch96r is on a distinguished road
Army: NCO
Name: Chris
hutch96r's Tacoma Gallery
I got blasted wityh this three weeks ago, I had to call yahoo and cancel the account for good. Bastards