1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Non-political things that make you say...WTF?!?! (Welcome To Florida!) **NOT CV RELATED** NO TALKY!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by darkturtleninja, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Jun 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    Boone

Boone Vaginas are rad.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    Airbags deployed
    * Meh. Meet In the middle, I'll have a 1 Litre bag of Donuts please.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  2. Jun 4, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
  3. Jun 4, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    Seabass

Seabass Give it to me. I'll break it for you

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    [​IMG]

+1 for some premium trolling

4. Jun 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    Bobert14

Bobert14 .

Member:
  5. Jun 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Danka! Sometimes it's to easy :D

6. Jun 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Lift laws are different for every state. There's no height limit for lights in Oregon. The only limit is the overall vehicle height can't be greater than 14' or wider than 102". There's no lift limit. The only frame limit is it can't be lower than the sidewall height. No limit on how high it can be.

http://www.liftlaws.com/oregon_lift_laws.htm

7. Jun 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.

Three options…
    1. Fire a shot. If the shot is high, aim lower. Fire again. Repeat as necessary.
    2. Move so close to the target you can't possibly miss.
    3. For additional assistance with their product, call FRAM technical support. (record conversation, post here)

-

8. Jun 4, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    meh....that site blows. You can trust the good ol gubment or some "lift law" website. Ill go with the gubment every time. That site also conflicts with my states laws that are on the books. In general I think that site is a horrible reference (just like Snopes....LOL).

The laws were amended in 2011. Check the site I linked. There is in fact a height limit on headlights.

9. Jun 4, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    Bobert14

Bobert14 .

Member:
    Do they actually enforce lift laws in your state? I know plenty of people with obscenely, unlawfully jacked up trucks in Oregon. They only ever get mudflap tickets and the like. Never anything my truck couldn't get ticketed for and I'm only at 2.5"ish. Never heard of any of them getting a ticket for a lift or headlights that are to high or whatever else is associated with an over the top lift. Idk, I'm confused with the obsession with lift laws. Its just not something that is enforced over here I guess. :notsure:

10. Jun 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    As far as I can tell, their site is correct for Oregon. The only height limit I could find for lights in Oregon's vehicle code is the 54" limit on auxilary lights, not headlights.
    http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/pages/form/vehiclecodebk.aspx

The liftlaws site also has vehicle code references so it can be looked up directly.

11. Jun 4, 2013 at 11:20 AM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    There is no limit for lifts or frames in Oregon other than the vehicle cannot be taller than 14' and wider than 102". Mud flaps and fenders are specifically called out, which is why they're ticketed.

12. Jun 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    The biggest WTF i can see is why do we all care so much about what laws the dude is breaking? Hes bound to get fucked if he is breaking laws, Insurance will have enough common sense to determine weither he is in legal limits.

13. Jun 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    I checked your site. I get a "Content unavailable" error.

14. Jun 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM
    Seabass

Seabass Give it to me. I'll break it for you

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    Just a bunch of old crap
    To summarize this whole thing so we can all move on to some good WTF topics:

• The truck just isn't practical, functionally, for what a truck is intended for
    • The truck is likely loaded with marginal legal infractions
    • The truck is so overdone, it makes the driver look like a tool in the eyes of true off-roaders, lowriders, or the general population
    • "WTF" is what a girl will say on the first date when she has to climb up in this thing with a skirt on. Likely she'll say "no thanks" instead of letting the creeper use his hand on her ass to lift her up, contrary to what he is hoping will happen
    • This truck would be such a bitch to park and completely unable to fit on most off-road trails. It's just not worth the limitations for the amount of money wasted.
    • This truck likely comes sold with a sweet Monster bro hat and matching vanity mirror so the owner can check out his new Affliction shirt

15. Jun 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    RedTacoDriver

RedTacoDriver Out of my mind....be back later.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Regular Cab 2.7L
    BakFlipG2, Westin Nerf Bars, Harbor Freight Bed Jacks, Flame Devil Horns, vinyl raven emblems, intermittent wiper switch swapout More to come.
    Trolling...trolling....trolling.... keep them posts a trolling......

16. Jun 4, 2013 at 11:52 AM
    Evil Monkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    Basically, I showed just about everything you said in point one of your quoted response was wrong, and now you're ready to move on. Everything else is opinion. If it does what he wants, it's functioning perfectly. We get you don't like it. Neither do I for what it's worth.

17. Jun 4, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders

this is why

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

people will do more research for someone being wrong on the internet then they ever did in school. haha. everyone who blasts this guy also only does logical modifications that "make sense" to their vehicles. everyone here obeys every law so thats why they are so upset when seeing someone do something that may not be street legal. the best is people using the internet to discredit the internet. its usually the same people who troll the pages and get involved in this kind of mess. then they call derpiness. hahahaha its like girls in high school saying they dont wanna be around drama.....lol.

or maybe its the wtf thread so thats why everyone acts like this.

18. Jun 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    J88logue

J88logue NorthWest Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    HWY 30
    Vehicle:
    02 D.C. TRD
    Clicko BUILDo
    Wow i aint that the truth about girl -

I love the build on that truck - impressive as hell!

19. Jun 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM
    RedTacoDriver

RedTacoDriver Out of my mind....be back later.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Regular Cab 2.7L
    BakFlipG2, Westin Nerf Bars, Harbor Freight Bed Jacks, Flame Devil Horns, vinyl raven emblems, intermittent wiper switch swapout More to come.

I will hear those who echo the call "why should we care." Personally I don't know him or his cousin. They both seem that they are playing at the shallow end of the gene pool so I won't get in to a troll match with them. It is like teaching a pig to sing, it makes you look foolish and annoys the pig.

I will address those out there who see this fool and don't call him in. If you don't then take a $5 bill out of your wallet every time you see him and throw it out the window. That is what this doofus and his ilk cost us in added insurance every time they get behind the wheel. And heaven forbid that it is your vehicle that he hits when the time comes as his insurance will drop him as the bad risk he is and then he will force your uninsured motorist coverage to pay for his being disabled by his own stupidity. So stop him before he breeds and we have WTF, Jr with his own truck on the road. Better yet, send him to California to annoy his cousin.

20. Jun 4, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders

but its not street legal, the bumper is to high, you cant climb into it without a ladder, its obviously not gonna fit on a lot of trails, wipers look inadequate, leaking blinker fluids, and def not good on gas.

Products Discussed in

To Top