1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Non-political things that make you say...WTF?!?! (Welcome To Florida!) **NOT CV RELATED** NO TALKY!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by darkturtleninja, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Oct 23, 2014 at 2:00 AM
    gimmeajo

gimmeajo i'm here for the food

Member:
    First Name:
    Zander
    New Orleans via New England
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB 4WD TRD OR
    OME 883, N140, N182, 265/75/16 Hankook ATMs, Weathertechs, chop front flaps, diff breather, killed seatbelt dinger
    METH!!

2. Oct 23, 2014 at 3:46 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    There's a difference between defensive riding and being an asshole. :rolleyes: That's proven by bikers that DON'T ride like assholes, and still make it home alive.

Examples? Don't brake check a 5,000lb truck. I don't care if you have the right of way or anything like that. Even the laws of physics aren't going to save your ass if my brakes fail, I don't react in time, or I really do want you dead like you think. The cops can show up later, ticket or even arrest me, but if you're dead it doesn't really matter to you. So why do they do it? Obviously enough people don't really want them dead or more would get run over. Don't tailgate a vehicle in a blind spot. It's not my fault, and I'm not "trying to kill you" if your dumbass is swerving through traffic, in and out of blind spots, close enough to kick a window, and I can't see you when I need to change lanes. Or if you're doing a 100mph bob n weave through traffic, coming up fast, don't wait for me to get out of the passing lane before swerving around, and I don't see you coming in time.

It's real simple. I have no problem with bikers, but someone doing any/all of the above DOES make me want to run them over. Just like someone doing the same in a car makes me want to push them off the road. It's not a bike-specific thing, it's an asshole thing. Don't be an asshole regardless of what you're driving. I have people do the same things to me in a truck (brake check, swerve into my lane like I'm not there, cut me off) so it's not a "cage" vs biker thing either.

3. Oct 23, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    Your first sentence just shows me you don't ride. You CAN NOT ride defensively, that's how you end up at the morgue. You HAVE to be the most aggressive rider on the road and expect everyone to drive like an idiot. Don't misunderstand my words here, I'm not saying be an asshole rider, I'm just saying, don't expect others to see you and get out of your way. I forge my own path, I flash my lights constantly night or day, if I'm cutting through stopped or slow traffic, you bet your ass I'm revving up the whole time so everyone looks in there mirrors trying to figure out where that crotch rocket dude who's revving is. It might be annoying, but they sure as heck know I'm coming. And you know what, I STILL get people who cut me off, no blinker, no warning, just a sudden swerve over Into another stopped lane. I'm also not one of those idiots doing 50 mph through stopped traffix. A CHP officer I chatted with once told me to keep it under 25 mph the current traffic speed, and that seems about right.

4. Oct 23, 2014 at 4:46 AM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    Ok correction, in CALIFORNIA you can not ride defensively. I don't know about the other states. ..never ridden in any others.

5. Oct 23, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    If its that stressful, why even ride a bike? Thought it was supposed to be fun and relaxing. Or is it the need to stand out?

6. Oct 23, 2014 at 5:33 AM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Because its still fun and getting 40+ mpgs is nice

7. Oct 23, 2014 at 6:20 AM
    replica9000

replica9000 Das ist no bueno

Member:
    Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP
    From the way she's holding it, I would agree with this. We need more pics and video to be sure. :D

8. Oct 23, 2014 at 6:30 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Just sounds really stressful to me. For me the benefits do not outweigh the risk

A TDI jetta gets 40+ MPGs too ;)

9. Oct 23, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Doesn't sound it. But to each his own. All my neighbors are Harley guys. They just like to cruise.

I almost hit a guy on a crotch rocket a while back. Just plain didn't see him as he was passing from behind me then stayed in my blind spot. Was glad I didn't take him out. The damage to my truck would of pissed me off. :D

J/K.

10. Oct 23, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab 3.4 4x4 TRD 5MT, 2004 DC 3.4 4x4 TRD

Now I've had...the tiiiiime of myyyy liiiife...

11. Oct 23, 2014 at 7:56 AM
    Madjik_Man

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    This thread and the gifs one just keep reminding me that I need to get a dash cam.

12. Oct 23, 2014 at 7:57 AM
    Madjik_Man

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:

Because he's the reason you two are exes now?

:crapstorm:

j/k :p

13. Oct 23, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    T Fades

T Fades Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 2wd DCLB
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    I agree here.

I ride, but not as a DD. I am only a 'weekend cruiser' and only like to ride the quiet back roads on Sat/Sun morning. I ride to cruise and let the stresses of life melt away as I put miles under my belt. Of course you still have to be 100% attentative, but that focus and feeling of being out on the open road with your knees in the breeze is something that cannot be described with words.

Doesn't matter if cages purposely swerves or plain don't see them and accidently swerves into them, bikes are vulnerable and every one of us understands that risk when we throw that helmet on.

That situation with the group of bikers and the RR, just an unfortunate situation. When CERTAIN groups get together, there is a mob mentality that comes to life, which is sad.

One of my favorite motivational posters:
    work_zpsbdc13b75_8bdcfe91e4ecb81039cac440d19bd0c15b53219d.jpg

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  14. Oct 23, 2014 at 8:12 AM
    choppersx

choppersx ZoMbiE aLeRt

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1968 Ford Mustang
    Lifted Bilstein shocks 5100's Front set 1.75, Rear set 1.5 ICON 3 Leaf Progressive add on / Lights-Retrofit with Halos & interior Dome / Tinted windows/AFE PRo Dry Air Filter / Go Rhino Bars / Flowmaster Exhaust 50 series
  15. Oct 23, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
  16. Oct 23, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    MojoTaco

MojoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    Base 4W

Hence the problem.

17. Oct 23, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    MojoTaco

MojoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    Base 4W
    Again, here's the problem.

18. Oct 23, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    Fiend13

Fiend13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    I don't know how many times here in Vegas I was in traffic doing 10mph on the interstate and tried to change lanes and almost took a biker out by riding in between lanes at 60+ mph and then when they come across someone changing a lane and have to slam on their brake they flip off the car and scream at the driver and rev their bikes like it's all the drivers fault even though their driving their bike illegally.

19. Oct 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    T Fades

T Fades Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 2wd DCLB
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    Nothing wrong with splitting lanes and is actually safer for bikes to filter through stopped/slow traffic. Getting rear ended on a bike is no good.

It is stupid if splitting at a much faster rate of speed than traffic, or constantly reving the engine. That can get under the skin of cages stuck in that traffic and some cages retaliate against those bikes.

20. Oct 23, 2014 at 8:58 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    It's legal in some states. And truthfully I couldn't care if they do. But you're taking the risk if you do, and don't be pissy if someone doesn't see you and tries to get over. Waaaa waaaa why didn't you see me?! Get over it, its gonna happen. Oh and if you want to.fight over it? Take the helmet off and get punched in the face like a man.

:rant: over. :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top