1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Non-political things that make you say...WTF?!?! (Welcome To Florida!) **NOT CV RELATED** NO TALKY!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by darkturtleninja, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Oct 23, 2014 at 8:48 PM
    Sgt Jmack

Sgt Jmack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremiah
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    14 Sport Dbl cab L/B
    3" Revtech, Undercover flex.
    Big difference here. That wall was their canvas thousands of years ago. Her canvas is not the rocks, as in modern times we have different canvas to use.

2. Oct 23, 2014 at 8:50 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    More to choose from, not different to.choose from.

3. Oct 23, 2014 at 8:50 PM
    Sgt Jmack

Sgt Jmack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremiah
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    14 Sport Dbl cab L/B
    3" Revtech, Undercover flex.
    Stupid people. The Cops... I'm sure it has been said countless times before, so I'll let it be.

4. Oct 23, 2014 at 9:09 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I can't really judge from the comfort of my computer screen. It's always easy in hind-sight. 5 am, so it was probably dark, it's a pickup, he's been reported in the area and the family they're protecting is on the hit-list. They said the sound of the papers hitting the pavement made them believe they were shooting Just a bad situation. I'm fortunate I don't have to deal with on-the-spot life-and-death decisions like that.

5. Oct 23, 2014 at 9:11 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Trail Rated, 16 Tundra CM TRD
    TC Uni Uppers, TC race lowers, TC shock tower gusset/ secondary shock hoop, Modified Pelfrey rear shock relocate, ATO shackle flip,radflo hydro bumps front and rear, Radflo 2.0 CO/ 14" rear, Arb rear air locker, ARB front bump/m8000, Road armor rear bump/m8000, FJ TransCase/ Twin sticks....other shit.
    Who the hell gets the paper anymore?

6. Oct 23, 2014 at 9:15 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    The true WTF.

7. Oct 23, 2014 at 9:16 PM
    Jonesn13

Jonesn13 Nifty

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '16 T4R Trail Premium, 08 AC 4x4 6spd(Sold)
    Some, Suspension and stuff, tires, maybeh some armor.
    Old people.

8. Oct 23, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    ImplicitlyAlberta

ImplicitlyAlberta VA6DCO

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    edmonton
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Trail Rated, 16 Tundra CM TRD
    TC Uni Uppers, TC race lowers, TC shock tower gusset/ secondary shock hoop, Modified Pelfrey rear shock relocate, ATO shackle flip,radflo hydro bumps front and rear, Radflo 2.0 CO/ 14" rear, Arb rear air locker, ARB front bump/m8000, Road armor rear bump/m8000, FJ TransCase/ Twin sticks....other shit.
    The truth is out. It's the old people destroying our forests and causing all of this pollution.

9. Oct 23, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    What bothered me about it is how EVERY show about cops tells about how the cops treat EVERY situation like their life is in danger from the person they are pulling over, or just walking down the street. Suddenly, when they know they're life might be in danger (which they say it is at all times) they act VERY differently...

10. Oct 23, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    This thread has been Beavis'd

11. Oct 23, 2014 at 10:05 PM
    toyodajeff

toyodajeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    06 reg cab sr5
    Lol they went barney fife + rosco p coaltrane on that shit haha.

12. Oct 23, 2014 at 10:16 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    :facepalm:

This was discussed ad nauseum when it occurred and the thread no longer exists for a reason

13. Oct 23, 2014 at 10:20 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

Fuck you little shit stains......

:brianr:

14. Oct 23, 2014 at 10:22 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    Just to touch on the lane splitting piece one more time :deadhorse:

I was actually pulled over by a city bike cop ones for splitting lanes up to a traffic light...all traffic was stopped, and he leaned over and told me to pull over up ahead. As soon as I'm pulled over he starts trying to write me all ticket for who knows what...I tell him I just got off of a deployment t and CHP had come aboard my ship to talk to us about safe driving and i had asked about lane splitting and the officer had said it wasn't illegal or legal, he just wouldn't recommend it over 25 mph. Agreed (at the time :) ) so this city cop kinda shrugs and says he doesn't know why CHP would say that, while it is true that it is in fact not illegal, (it's also NOT considered reckless driving, for there the record, unless you're doing it at high speeds, the yes it is, but that's not what we were talking about, or st least I wasnt) a cop in a bad mood can cite you for lane sharing, which is illegal, failure to signal, you're supposed to actually signal your lane changes 100 feet before and after you change lanes, as well as changing lanes within I think it was 100 feet of an intersection. So, driving down the freeway in stopped traffic, am I gonna cut traffic? Fuck yea. Am I gonna punch your mirror off when you swerve at me intentionally. Same answer. I know there's a lot of butt hurt abound from people that don't have bikes and are jealous because they have to sit in traffic and we don't and you can usually pin point them fairly quickly, in traffic and apparently online as well.

Anyhoo, point being, it's not illegal, at least in cali it's not yet. The guy flying through traffic at 60mph deserves what he gets, but let's not hasten or promote the loss of life, even if Darwin called it.

15. Oct 23, 2014 at 10:23 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    Sorry for horrible spelling and such, writing a novel on a phone is kind of a bitch.

16. Oct 23, 2014 at 10:26 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    the disdain on this place (well most places for general) for people on motorcycles is astounding.

17. Oct 23, 2014 at 10:29 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Indeed. I get that it's a Tacoma forum, or world rather, but still, you mention motorcycles and suddenly everyone loses their minds.

18. Oct 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    I dgaf about motorcyclists splitting lanes, but it's always a splatterred rider bogging down traffic in socal. Natural selection I guess.

19. Oct 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    So anyway.

[​IMG]

20. Oct 23, 2014 at 11:34 PM
    BRYLONATOR

BRYLONATOR Building 06 Suburban K2500 with LBZ D-max and ZF6!

Member:
    Denver, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Chillin in a 120!
    I tried so hard to refrain from commenting but.....The bitching about bikers has gone on so long that I managed to go two days and experience life during the whole thing. And what prompted me to type this was an ass on a crotch rocket that cut me off and 15 other cars in front of me. I have been riding bikes for 35 years. In fact almost every single thing under the sun that rolls or slides under it's own power. As a rider you have to be vigilant so that you do not become a smear on the pavement. But not because of ignorant drivers. What do you think is easier to see in a mirror with a quick glance? A vehicle that is 6 foot wide flowing with the speed of traffic or a 2.5 foot wide dot that suddenly appears out of nowhere because they were most likely traveling faster than everyone else? Of course there are the innocent riders that get hurt but that is why it is called an ACCIDENT! And to sum it up...most of the time the people that talk like some previous posters have, they are typically the BRO type. Take a step back and do some inner searching and try to imagine what you look like to a wise or educated person. (both of those types are typically smarter than you) Those people make you feel uncomfortable. And that is because you have self esteem issues that make you feel insecure with yourself and you lash out by acting like an idiot. The truth is that this topic can be argued over and over again but there is no way that we can all agree because you make valid points to support your behavior and the problem is that instead of arguing the content of the problem....argue the problem itself which is you are wrong to behave like that in a civilized society. And for all of the LE bashing....I am NOT PRO LE!! BUT....do you realize that every day of their career.....they are constantly in communication and pursuit of scum? Most of you do not know what it is like to deal with the less than desirables of society. And then they have to come home to families and act normal. I have a cousin that I grew up with like brothers and we don't talk today because he cannot relate to me. His entire circle consists of only LE. Why do you think that? Because their out to get us? Now for obligatory contribution to the thread....

WTF.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top