1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The worst pain you have ever had?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ToyComa92, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Mar 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    Chad7088

Chad7088 Old Newbie

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    19th state
    Vehicle:
    ‘20 Tacoma Off Road DCSB 4x4 MT
    Lots to come
    You gotta X block that...guard your nuts man!

2. Mar 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    travel_taco

travel_taco Gentlemans Sausage

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Rust Bucket
    anti-fuel saving mods
    Tore my right achilles, pain wasnt too bad. The worst part was not being to walk and looking like I had one cankle thanks to all the swelling

3. Mar 29, 2013 at 7:57 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    Just went through 3 days of bursitis in my hip. l was sure it was a pinched nerve or sciatica.. I was wrong. I have broken fingers and toes in my life, hell I even fractured my skull when I stoped a fist with my eye socket, but nothing makes you more humble when you can't even put a sock on or tie your shoes without wincing in pain due to bursitis. God bless my girl for helping me get dressed, get in and out of bed, and waiting on me while I was in pain. She finally made me go to a doctor, which I am so grateful for and now I can walk again. Oh yea 2 shots of cortisone and lortab doesn't hurt either.

4. Mar 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM
    ivoryaddict

ivoryaddict Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD offroad MGM DCSB
    Custom Headache Rack, BAMF Kick-out sliders with fill plate Level Kit, ARB bumper, Warn Winch Ruff Tuff Digital Camo Seat Covers Fuel 16" Boost Wheels Duratrac 285/75/16 X-tra D-Rings in Bed

Tendon damage is the sh.ts!Tore the biceps tendon at the elbow...can't even really fathom the pain cause I went into shock instantly. However, after waking up from surgery (they drilled holes in my bone in several spots) it took me 8 hours of hell to realize that I don't respond to morphine. After being switched to Percoset, all was bearable. Rehab sucked and never being the same sucks the most.

5. Mar 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    Xaks

Xaks Cranky & often armed sysadmin

Member:
    First Name:
    Xaks
    Oklahoma City area
    Vehicle:
    work beast '06 reg cab 4 cyl 5 spd
    I've had multiple broken ribs. These hurt in ways you cannot express with spoken language.

Then, I've had blown out knees (3 times) to playing football. Another world of anguish.

Then, above all that....distended inguinal hernia. Three times, three surgeries.

I've met mothers that have had breech births and C-sections and the same hernias that would take a few more kids in a HEARTBEAT over another hernia repair like I've had...thrice.

Oh, and I also was lucky enough to develop internal hemherroids (spelling?) bad enough to require ass surgery. Please don't ask me to tell you about my first BM after that....you truly do NOT want to know.

6. Mar 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 [OP] Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    Broken ribs are a bitch i can expressly agree with that, Each breath feels like youre being stabbed and then the blade twisted at every sneeze, Cough or even laugh.

Constipation is always a fucker too, Had it so bad one time i had to be admitted for almost a week in the hospital.

7. Apr 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    rydlyn

rydlyn rydlyn

Member:
    Frozen Canadian Wheatfield
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport Longbox
    Tailgate Mod Bed Rails/Crossbars
    I've broken a leg, wrist, toes and fingers motorcrossing, and sustained a spinal injury which now renders me to a desk job. But the most pain I ever had was from kidney stones. On a scale of 1 to 10, broken bones and the spinal injury are around an 8 or 9. Pain from kidney stones was a 10.

I thought I had a stitch from a spicy lunch, but then woke up on the floor about 20 minutes later in writhing pain. During the ambulance ride to the hospital, I had "full protocol" of morphine, but was stone cold sober. Surgery was 2 hours, and the stone was the size of a walnut. I also found out that morphine is much like a placebo on me. As well as 37% of the male population of the planet. Now I know why the mushrooms in high school didn't do anything except taste bad.

8. Apr 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM
    ssrpol78

ssrpol78 Member

Member:
    Maryville,TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM TRD/Off Road
    De-Badged
    Kidney Stones - 14 of them so far. I've had every procedure known to remove other than actual surgery....so, I'll leave the procedures to your imagination

9. Apr 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    i would either say appendix surgery or Breaking L1,L2,L3,L4 and L5 in my lower back.

10. Apr 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    Im about sick of getting cluster headaches, Went to swedish on saturday night after having a beer, Had so much pain i threw up my dinner. Finally after two doses of dilaudid, two doses of morphine and the last one, A mix of dilaudid, Morphine and Benadryl for the horrible fucking Morph itches, I was so goddamn out of it i couldnt spell my three letter name!

11. Apr 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    I had a bright-hot TIG welding tungsten rip through my finger by accident. It cut through with minimal resistance like a lightsaber.

12. Apr 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Sometimes you wonder if the minimal resistance was better then something that would have hacked away like a serrated blade. How did your finger heal? did you keep it?

13. Apr 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    I was lucky the tungsten missed the important bits in the finger. Of course the heat also cauterized everything, so I just let it heal naturally. 10 years later there's just a scar.

14. Apr 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Good thing man, Id hate to screw up one of my fingers or a hand.

15. Apr 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    gotta be one of 2 things for me, the first, I slipped on ice in a parking lot carrying my skis etc.. on the way back to the car, when I slipped, I twisted my left knee, hard...first time since I was little that I cried out in pain...and it put me on the ground. It was nothing permanent, thankfully, but it felt like when it twisted it pulled apart

the second was when I broke my small finger on my right hand, ran into someone, not as much pain as the knee, but it is the only time I went light headed with pain.

16. Apr 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    You know your fucked when you cant control your tears and you feel like your gonna literally black out with pain.

17. Apr 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    appendicitis.... i collapsed to the floor, could move. terrible night

18. Apr 1, 2013 at 7:46 PM
    trdNick

trdNick Odie

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Hemi BigHorn
    I put a phillips head screw driver nearly all the way through my middle finger and nail. Had it resting below the screw driver and when the screw driver slipped, nearly my entire body weight fell onto the point of the screw driver, on top of my nail.

I also had a bone marrow biopsy with only a lidacane shot on the skin. You could feel every time either a needle or blade hit my hip bone. One of the worst feelings ever.

19. Apr 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM
    MGMAddict

MGMAddict Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Doylestown,PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Bilstein ULC
    Motorcycle accident, hit a stray ladder laying on a highway at night. Thumbs down to that.

20. Apr 1, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Nothing better then that feeling of warmth and complete relaxation when they inject those heavy doses of IV meds. Thank god for Pain medication but man ive been close to battling addiction to them and i can easily say, If someone wasnt careful or aware they would become easily 100% Physically and mentally addicted to them. Horrible getting off the shit i can say that first hand

Products Discussed in

To Top