Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

The worst pain you have ever had?

Old 03-16-2013, 02:25 AM   #121
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Tore my acl , mcl, and pcl all at the same time. Leg folded during a football game and my foot touched my hip, and tore all 3 in one shot.

The worst though was getting water shot behind my ear drum during an ear flushing. Immdiate screaming.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:38 AM   #122
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Grunt
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
having to bury my first and only dog (so far)
Old 03-16-2013, 03:16 AM   #123
Tuckaseetacoma is on a distinguished road
Army: Parhfinder
Name: Gary
Tuckaseetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Question Iraq

Mortar round landed ten feet from me ant I got blown off of a two story shack . Dislocated hip and broke my back. Cracked a Kevlar helmet and fractured my eye socket ( lost that eye). Had to lay there fora half hour. Then had to help carry a buddy a few hundred meters away. Longest ten hours of my life.

Two years later I'm out of the wheel chair and I decided to burn some brush at two am after the local bar closed down .......

Poured what I thought was diesel on a mix of brush and plastic then made a trail of fuel to my taco tailgate. Lit it it went woooooosh all was good it burned Dow then I decide to put more fuel on it. Once again I thought it was diesel .
Boom I'm on fire . The bed of my taco had water in it from some rain but with the lift it was kinda nose down so it held water I sat in the tailgate and bounced and the water put my legs out. Lost 70 percent of the top two layers of my skin on both legs. We go to the er and the guy who was mopping the floor had locked the door! So I bang on it till I passed out . Woke up to the glorious feeling of morphine.

Three years after that I got run over by a four wheeler . It dislocated my shoulder and detached my clavicle

Out of all of them the shoulder and clavicle were the worst pain.

I am either very unlucky or very lucky!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:21 AM   #124
andjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to beholdandjenliang is a splendid one to behold
Law Enforcement: LAXPD
Name: Andew
andjenliang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwilson74 View Post
Car wreck. Broken leg, hip, cracked pelvis, fractured vert., collapsed lung, ruptured diaphram and lacerated liver. I hate when that happens!
wow your accident sounded similar to my dad's he hydroplaned my old mazda b series. 6 shattered ribs, broken humerus (upper arm) bone fixed with SS plate, dislocated clavicle that could only popped back in by sawing it shorter and putting it back in, collapsed lung, fractured metacarpus.
I have no idea how it felt, but he told me when he was fading in and out between consciousness the hospital stuck him in an MRI machine or xray. Not knowing that he had a broken arm they were restraining him via holding his broken arm and hand down in order to take the imaging.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:24 AM   #125
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDTaco View Post
Worst: When the nerve block wore off at 2AM from SLAP Repair surgery in my shoulder. Luckily I had already filled my pain med prescription and two lorcets later.. I was still awake and hurting like hell haha.
YES!!!! When my block wore off from the same surgery (had it twice ) it was hell! You literally can't move your entire body from whatever position your in. Sitting.... can't get up. Laying down.... your fucked and for sure can't get up.

I thought having the giant needle put through the side of my neck was bad when they administered the block. Ha! Was I mistaken!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:26 AM   #126
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckaseetacoma View Post
Mortar round landed ten feet from me ant I got blown off of a two story shack . Dislocated hip and broke my back. Cracked a Kevlar helmet and fractured my eye socket ( lost that eye). Had to lay there fora half hour. Then had to help carry a buddy a few hundred meters away. Longest ten hours of my life.

Two years later I'm out of the wheel chair and I decided to burn some brush at two am after the local bar closed down .......

Poured what I thought was diesel on a mix of brush and plastic then made a trail of fuel to my taco tailgate. Lit it it went woooooosh all was good it burned Dow then I decide to put more fuel on it. Once again I thought it was diesel .
Boom I'm on fire . The bed of my taco had water in it from some rain but with the lift it was kinda nose down so it held water I sat in the tailgate and bounced and the water put my legs out. Lost 70 percent of the top two layers of my skin on both legs. We go to the er and the guy who was mopping the floor had locked the door! So I bang on it till I passed out . Woke up to the glorious feeling of morphine.

Three years after that I got run over by a four wheeler . It dislocated my shoulder and detached my clavicle

Shoulder injuries are hell! As I explained in my previous post ^^
Old 03-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #127
OldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud ofOldGeezer42 has much to be proud of

Army: Desert Storm Vet.
Name: Adam
OldGeezer42's Tacoma Gallery
Had a chainsaw kick back on me while cutting trees after a hurricane, cut the top of my left leg to bone bounced off femur. Chainsaws make a nasty cut. Thanks to the soldiers for their service.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:15 AM   #128
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Dislocated my right shoulder.

That shit sucked.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #129
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
kidney stone...two of them
X2. I think my count was 7. Two of them had to be broken up. They say its the closest thing to giving birth that a male can feel.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:04 AM   #130
von0777 is on a distinguished road

von0777's Tacoma Gallery
open heart surgery 5 bypass they cut your chest down the middle and break your chest bone. when you sneeze it hurt like hell, took alot to recover.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #132
roadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroadking1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
roadking1's Tacoma Gallery
I got punched in the temple by an asshole holding a glass. The glass exploded and sent glass into my eye.It ruptured the globe and lacerated my cornea. Blinded for life in my left eye..He did less than a year in jail..
Old 03-16-2013, 06:14 AM   #133
Stereodesigner is on a distinguished road
Stereodesigner's Tacoma Gallery
Eating a Ghost pepper, I've broken and cracked stuff but nothing gave me pain like that :banghead:
Old 03-16-2013, 06:16 AM   #134
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Welders flash, burned my eyes real bad. Doc gave me OxyContin for the pain,pretty easy to get hooked on that shit.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #136
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
It's worse. Every female I've talked to that's had both says kidney stones were worse.

I'm not looking forward to my next one.
^Yup. Kidney stones are worse than child birth talking to females. And seeing as it's part of my job to deal with them in child birth and with kidney stones, I can say that with authority.

Mine was slipping my L5. Almost blacked out from the pain on that one.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #137
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Sledge hammer to the shin at full swing. I almost threw up from the pain.

thanks to all here in the service. i want the story behind this^^
my worst was rope burns in both hands when i was a kid and recovering from road rash on both my legs. more the swelling than the actual rashes.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #138
just sittin' in the corner, havin' a beer
eastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
eastcoastcowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Doctors called it a "Hand Avulsion" (means ripped off), but it was more of a crush.

Was changing the dies in a large die casting machine (hydraulic press). Guy I was working with leaned across to watch what I was doing and hit the button to close the machine with his shoulder. 1500 psi applied from center of the palm of my hand to a couple inches above the wrist.

Broke both bones in the arm, every bone in the wrist and base of thumb, and all the metacarpal bones in the hand. Severed both main arteries to the hand. Tendons are pretty elastic though, they held on and when the machine opened up, pulled the hand back to where it wanted to be. Except the wrist joint was gone, so it missed, and the arm bones came out through the palm of my hand.
Sat in the backseat on the way to the hospital holding the ends of an artery with my good hand.

10 hours of microscopic surgery and a couple years of physio and we're good to go! Well, sort of. 20 years later it still hurts like hell when it rains.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #139
1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all1moonshine2 is a name known to all
1moonshine2's Tacoma Gallery
The kidney stones were bad, but I think the constricted intestine was a bit worse. That was a nasty surgery too. The first week home from the hospital I didn't know if I'd ever be the same again, or not.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #140
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckaseetacoma View Post

Okay, you're worse than me. xD I thought I was prone to misfortune/accidents, but you definitely take the cake! May you never have to go through another ordeal like the ones you listed above.