Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Yet another Rear End story

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Yet another Rear End story

Ok, so about a week ago I was driving to work, when traffic stopped in front of me... I manage to stop safely.
BUT 3 other vehicles did not.

Let me first show you what happened to my truck...

Now the carnage:
The one that rear ended my truck was a toyota corolla.

The one behind the corolla

And the one behind the Ram

Old 03-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
"I think I know more than I do."
Bullfrog is on a distinguished road

Name: McLaren
Bullfrog's Tacoma Gallery
So nothing happened to your truck but you destroyed another car?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #3
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
That is correct! Actually, SHE DESTROYED HER CAR. I felt bad for her, she was taken to the hospital, the air bag didn't deploy.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
Maximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaximus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: D
Maximus's Tacoma Gallery
Any damage to your bumper? hard to tell..
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Pew Professional
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
haha daannnggg, atta boy tacoma! nearly spotless from what I can tell.

what happened with the dodge vs Chevy sedan? Did the chevy go under the truck all the way up to the windshield?!

Good to see Tacoma's totally own when rear ended!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #6
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Any damage to your bumper? hard to tell..
There is a big dent under it on the right hand side, she went under my truck. The side pics show how my bumper got pushed in into the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
haha daannnggg, atta boy tacoma! nearly spotless from what I can tell.

what happened with the dodge vs Chevy sedan? Did the chevy go under the truck all the way up to the windshield?!

Good to see Tacoma's totally own when rear ended!
Yeah, it seems like the impala guy tried to avoid the Ram, with no luck.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #7
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
ddddaaaaamn. go tacoma!
Hope everyone else is ok though.. especially the woman who had to go to the hospital
Old 03-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #8
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
I think she hit her head, no hair bag deployed. She was conscious though. I'm waiting for her insurance write me a check. I already took my truck to a shop to get an estimate, the whole towing harness assembly broke as well.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I installed one of these in the hitch and plugged it into the trailer connector:
http://www.harborfreight.com/trailer...ght-92043.html

It acts as another 3rd brake light, but mounted closer to the sightlines of car drivers.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:38 PM   #11
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Same happened to me about 2 years ago on the 60 fwy and 71 in Pomona...also with a corolla

Glad your truck and you're good man
Old 03-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #15
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like your truck make it out in pretty good shape, the corolla not so much. I am shocked the airbag didn't go off on the corolla though.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #16
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
The hitches on our trucks cause so much carnage to cars when they rear-end us. My hitch not only cleaved the Camry's radiator that rear-ended me, but also cracked the engine block. I was able to drive away and still use the hitch!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #17
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Good ol Taco power right there Jack! Kinda like when I slipped on some black ice in our 94 Caravan (Big Rolling Turd) on the route like two Christmases ago, I ran into/totalled a relatively new Honda Accord. The whole driver's side of that Honda was one big dent, but the Big Rolling Turd didn't have a single scratch- well, any new ones, anyways.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #18
chenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
chenbro's Tacoma Gallery
this happened to me too in my first taco (first-gen) about 10 years ago. I was on my way to get my liquor-legal driver license and got stopped at a light. The guy behind me was in an older mazda and he stopped, but the chick behind him... She pushed him into my car, i'm guessing he was in neutral, and half of the front of his car accordioned toward his cab. The only damage I suffered (and I didn't even have a tow hitch on this truck) was a cracked housing for one of the lights illuminating the rear license plate. I felt bad for the guy, since his car was leaking fluid everywhere and was basically totalled.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I gotta say, when I read the thread title, I was expecting something different
Old 03-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #20
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
My truck got rear ended 3 weeks after I got it. I had just towed some stuff for my dad so my hitch was on. The hitch punched through the guys grill. My truck was spottless. These trucks can take a beating.

Products Discussed in this Thread