This is not a political thread. It's more of a public service announcement about how badass Andrew Jackson was and that we need to dig his ass up and make him president again. He makes Chuck Norris look like a fucking amateur.
A few notes:
- Andrew Jackson was once in a duel. He gave his opponent free shot first. He got hit in the chest. He then proceeded, clutching his chest wound, to aim and fire, killing his opponent with a shot to the brain. He was later quoted, referring to this duel, as saying "If he had shot me in the brain, I should still have killed him." Bonus: The opponent had also insulted in his wife, and Jackson's first attempt to shoot misfired. He re-cocked the pistol and fired again.
- Andrew Jackson fully paid off the US National Debt. This is the only time this has ever happened.
- When running for President, Andrew Jackson was called a jackass by his opponents. He adopted it as a symbol of his campaign and it later became the symbol for his whole fucking political party.
- An assassination attempt of Jackson failed when the would-be assassin had both of his weapons misfire. Andrew Jackson then proceeded to beat his ass with his cane.
- He threw a kegger after his first inauguration.
- Jackson was in 13 duels. He was shot by so many bullets that couldn't be removed he was described as "rattling like a bag of marbles".
- On his death bed, Jackson was quoted as saying: "I have only two regrets; I didn't shoot Henry Clay, and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun."
- Andrew Jackson's pet parrot had to be kicked out of his funeral because it wouldn't stop swearing.
- One of his campaign slogans was "Protector and Defender of Beauty and Booty". No shit.
- In the war of 1812, as revenge for a British Army officer killing his brother, Jackson cut up the bodies of two British Generals and put them in barrels of rum, then shipped them back to England.
- Someone once shipped Andrew Jackson a 1400lb block of cheese. He held an open party at the White House and 10,000 people helped him eat it. The cheese-stink lingered for years afterward.
Now you know. You're welcome.