Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

indestructible dog toys?

Old 03-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
indestructible dog toys?

any suggestions for indestructible dog toys? Blaze chews through all his real fast.

also post pics of your dog with his/her/your favorite toys
Old 03-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nylabone Galileo. Just don't let anyone throw it like a fetch toy, or it will break the dogs teeth. They last a very long time.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
tlh178 is on a distinguished road
Name: terry
tlh178's Tacoma Gallery
my wife brought the one as seen on tv ad, claim to be indestructible and our 120 lb rotty,chewed it in half in less then 5 mins! however it might be fine for a small breed dog.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
btipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nice
Name: Ben
btipsword's Tacoma Gallery
Had good luck with almost anything Kong brand
Old 03-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #6
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
I actually have a dog toy that has a lifetime warranty, but my dog never plays with it.
i think its too heavy for her, I wish we would have gotten the ball one instead of doughnut.

goughnuts.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
X2 Kong. They will outlast anything. And once you see them you will see that you can stuff them and freeze them and give the dog something to do for a while...
Not really sure why people like Kongs, we have went thru 4 balls and 2 kong kones.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
my dog eats kongs like gum drops haha, Id post a pic of him with a toy...but hes out right now
Old 03-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
deez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Darren
deez's Tacoma Gallery
Another +1 for Kong, especially their solid rubber balls. The only ball my black lab couldn't destroy. Every other ball he'd tear up within minutes...

There are other Kong toys that are hollow, allowing you to stuff a treat inside.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
2004TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of dog do you have that can destroy a kong anyway?
Old 03-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
my husky did...this little shit picked up a 6ft fencepost and was running around with it like it was a stick...lol
Old 03-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
Coolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Coolerman's Tacoma Gallery
I would suggest Kongs, I think they are the best, but they are not completely indestructible. My old Shepherd mix would eventually break them down so they came apart at the seem. This was with the black Kong. I used to be able to take the destroyed Kong into the pet store and they would swap it for a brand new one.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by btipsword View Post
Had good luck with almost anything Kong brand
The original kong, the red hollow rubber thing, I've had great luck with and is one of two toys my dog hasn't been able to destroy. The rest of the Kong brand toys or balls are complete garbage in my opinion. Their tennis ball looking toys aren't worth the money. A regular tennis ball is stronger. They use a split rubber ball and wrap it with that tennis ball carpet stuff so it doesn't take long for a dog to chew it apart or come apart just from normal use.

Another toy that seems indestructible is this big ball, it's the size of a soccer ball and the rubber parts are in the shape of soccerball patches but it's hollow. My dog can't seem to get a good enough grip on it to tear it apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
My lab has no trouble tearing apart the kong tennis ball toys. The regular kongs he seems to be ok with.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #14
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Elk antler. Not exactly indestructible, but damn close. And they don't chip like normal bones, so they are safe for their digestive tract.. My Anatolian Shepherd destroys most other stuff, but this is still showing barely any signs of wear and he's has it since Christmas.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #15
deepcoma will become famous soon enoughdeepcoma will become famous soon enough

deepcoma's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a chew bone then the white Nylabone is unbeatable, my biggest dog has had one for years! Foll all around play toy can't beat a Kong. The Black Kongs is the toughest! I consider my dogs to be power chewers and have gone through all the "indestructible" toys and these two are by far the superior brands.

What to know what a power chewer can do? I came home one day and found a hole chewed through the wall and a 2x4 stud chewed in half!!!
Attached Thumbnails
indestructible dog toys?-img_0640.jpg  
Old 03-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #16
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I second the elk antler, my dog has been working on it for a few months now.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #17
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcoma View Post
If you want a chew bone then the white Nylabone is unbeatable, my biggest dog has had one for years! Foll all around play toy can't beat a Kong. The Black Kongs is the toughest! I consider my dogs to be power chewers and have gone through all the "indestructable" toys and these two are by far the superior brands.

What to know what a power chewer can do? I came home one day and found a hole chewed through the wall and a 2x4 stud chewed in half!!!
The nylabones are pretty good too. My dog just doesn't care too much for them. The "indestructible" always make me laugh. Dog makes short work of them too.

No pictures of him with toys, but this is Chara; destroyer of toys, birds, and other assorted small to medium sized animals:
Old 03-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #18
2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2004TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
The nylabones are pretty good too. My dog just doesn't care too much for them. The "indestructible" always make me laugh. Dog makes short work of them too.

No pictures of him with toys, but this is Chara; destroyer of toys, birds, and other assorted small to medium sized animals:
He's cute
Old 03-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #19
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Pitbull.

He won't chew through that playing with it
Old 03-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #20

Here's my girl just being cute. No toy or ball pics, but I just love showing her off lol