Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Expensive oil change

Old 03-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Expensive oil change

Crawled under the truck today to do an oil change/tire rotation. I notice something looks not quite right. Look at it for another 2-3 seconds and realize there is no skid plate Who steals a damned skid plate? and then i noticed a large amount of thick grease on my axle and thought to myself, "damn. gotta replace the axle again". upon further inspection the axle is fine. instead my tie rod end boot is completely shredded. It must have been an epic blowout to throw grease everywhere down there. possibly related to a missing skid plate? we will never know.

On the bright side though, I did not mix up my oil pan drain plug and my transmission drain plug