1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

joaquin phoenix

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by nd, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Feb 13, 2009 at 8:35 PM
    nd

nd [OP] Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i know this is probably a repost, but i haven't been able to surf TW a whole lot in the last week so i wouldn't know if it is a re post. So if it is a repost, i'm sorry. if not, then suck it bitch's, cause i'm way better than you!

anyway, if you like joaquin phoenix, then you probably wont after you watch this. he's total fucking waste of carbon

and for anyone that has been posting on the "micheal phelps bong hit" thread that see's this, if you try to use this as an argument against weed you're an idiot. he's obviously way past the point of being a simple stoner, he's on something HARD. nobody acts like this after smoking up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAQ4x7rgS6I

2. Feb 13, 2009 at 8:36 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    He's a fucking toolbag... :thumbsup:

but, some are saying this was pre-advertising for a Borat-style move / mockumentary that he and Casey Afflek are currently filming.

3. Feb 13, 2009 at 8:42 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    I saw this interview the other night and I must say, It was quite disturbing. Seems to me as if he's come down with some sort of mental illness. If you watch his facial expressions he is very uncomfortable with him self through the entire interview. Not to mention sunglasses inside? hRmm.

4. Feb 13, 2009 at 8:57 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter

I agree, he did appear to be uncomfortable. It was hilarious when he put his gum underneath Letterman's desk.

5. Feb 13, 2009 at 9:01 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    i read the same thing, but my personal opinion is that he has successfully melted his brain. some people are comparing him to andy kaufman and thats borderline blasphemy. here's why i think this is real

1) if it were a publicity stunt, there would be a NEED for publicity. but he is a damn good actor, so there is no NEED for him to do this. it's not like he needs a PR boost to keep his career alive, it's already thriving. if anything, this is a career killer.

2) i read that casey afflek was filming him, but come on. if i were fucked up like that and about to go on national television, my friends would be filming me and laughing before i went on. he's just a fuck up with fuck up friends

3) he is a known drug abuser. he has fried his brain to the point where he doesn't know he's being made fun of. he turns up to a late night comedy talk show and is genuinely confused when people are laughing. there's a chance he's just "acting" confused because he is a damn fine actor so its hard to tell. but if i were betting on it, i'd say his confusion is genuine.

4) his brother died of an overdose. he grew up in a messed up family, so there's a good chance he's a chronic user with no hope of ever cleaning up

5) he has spent most of his life in hollyweird. when you're surrounded by freaks and fuck ups you're bound to become one eventually. he's too out of touch to know he's a joke

6) i spent over a year working in a mental hospital, i know what mental illness and drug abuse looks like. he is either messed up or one of the greatest actors of our time

flat affect is often times of mental illness, but it's also a side affect of many MANY drugs. based on the fact that he can shoot a move perfectly fine, i doubt it's mental illness. he just did something he shouldn't have before stepping on stage with dave letterman. he may have some sort of mental illness and is trying to self medicate, but either way, his actions are probably chemically induced

6. Feb 13, 2009 at 9:04 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    He is like so many of the Hollywood retards, take away the script and they are lost. Have you ever watched Barbra Streisand try to string three words together?

7. Feb 13, 2009 at 9:05 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    he was uncomfortable, but prolly cause he was messed up on national tv and unable to form a sentence. it was even funnier when he took the gum from under the desk and put it back in his mouth.

8. Feb 13, 2009 at 9:09 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    No doubt nd, I agree. An opiate would be my first bet.

9. Feb 13, 2009 at 9:11 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    yeah, thats what i was thinking. that would explain his spaciness and his somewhat aggressive attitude

10. Feb 13, 2009 at 9:13 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:

Yea, that had to be the best part of the whole interview. Right behind it was when Letterman made the comment about how he would apologize to Farrah Fawcitt, (sp?) making reference to her ridiculous interview with Letterman in '99.

11. Feb 13, 2009 at 9:23 PM
    CAdiveTaco

CAdiveTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2009 Taco DC LB Pre Runner TRD Sport
    Bed Extender, Bed matt, G4 Fold-a-cover, debadged, locked spare, taigate hoe clamp mod, TW stick
    "I'll come to your house and chew gum", that was a great line. :D

12. Feb 13, 2009 at 10:08 PM
    BLUVVV

BLUVVV LARGE Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryce
    Valley Center, CA
    Vehicle:
    11' A/C TRD O-R PreRunner
    flowmaster 40, blackout headlights, 10'' infinity subwoofer, custom rear enclosure, kicker mono amp. 5100's set at 2.5'', 32'' pro Comp Xtreme M/T tires, Pioneer dub din head unit, K&N CAI, MB Motorsports V-Drive rims
    man! that guy has drugged himself fucken retarded! (its not acting...hes not that good to begin with)

13. Feb 13, 2009 at 10:17 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    that interview with farrah was in 97. but either way letterman was funny as hell. he was pretty quick on his feet and came up with some good zingers. i liked when paul chafer (sp) laughed out loud when letterman asked phoenix to set up the clip

yeah, that made me laugh my ass off

i'll give credit where credit is due. he is a good actor, prolly good enough to pull off faking it. but i still dont think he's acting, i think he's just messed up

14. Feb 13, 2009 at 10:18 PM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    i've noticed more and more that alot of "speakers" are like that. alot of public speakers talk like their brain damaged as soon as the scrip or the teleprompters go away

15. Feb 13, 2009 at 10:33 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    I've heard a lot about this interview, but this is the first time I've seen it...

Wow. Just wow. I've never been a big fan of his. I don't know why, just never liked him much. But this is just weird...

16. Feb 13, 2009 at 10:34 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Seemed faked to me. He is an actor...

17. Feb 14, 2009 at 12:05 AM
    firefightermdc

firefightermdc Well-Known Member

Member:
    el paso, tx
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5 4x4 TRD
    haha, what a mistake to do some kind of mind altering substance and go on letterman...he had a field day with phoenix

18. Feb 15, 2009 at 4:49 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    its all a buncha hype/publicity stunt. guaran-damn-teed!;)

19. Feb 15, 2009 at 5:23 PM
    BAT24

BAT24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    TRD Rugged Trail
    TRD - CAI Sport Hood Sport Grille Sport Headlights OEM LED Tails Factory Roof Rack
    Phoenix appeared to be trying to act like Jim Morrison circa 1970 beard,sunglasses hair and all. What a complete assclown he acted like he had been huffing spray paint prior to the interview..

20. Feb 15, 2009 at 5:37 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Ghost96Romeo What is the Search Tab for????

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift AAL Rear w/TSB, All-Pro Plate Bumper, Lightforce 240 Blitz lights, Lund Genesis Roll-top Bed cover, K&N Filters, Spidertrax Wheel spacers, Built-by-Me Rock Sliders, Jeep Tow-Hook, Black Leather seats, 48"Hi-Lift Jack mounted in the bed, Blacked out TRD Rims, BHLM, FLM..... and Awesomeness
    Letterman-1
    Phoenix-0

Products Discussed in

To Top