1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Caught a small garden looking lizard in my room yesterday

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 07TacoRidah, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Mar 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    Glueman

Glueman Yersinia pestis

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    The Plague....
    6 inch Douche Bag lift...what else do I need?
    Catch and release.....

2. Mar 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
  3. Mar 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah [OP] SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    tried to measure the lil guy out today in the morning, came out to maybe 8" or so long. Most of it is due to it's tail, damn thing is ALL over the place. Just finished feeding him some earwigs. Didn't take too well to the slug.

Later today will be on the look out for some crickets, seen a lot fo vids of them eating those. Should be good.

4. Mar 28, 2013 at 6:18 AM
    MenaTX

MenaTX Active Member

Member:
    Baytown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2008 SWB 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    Flowmaster, Exhaust tip, HIDs, Bull Bar, SAF mod, Pioneer FH-X700BT
    yep, southern alligator lizard. cool, i want one!

5. Mar 28, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    Dcpsychobilly

Dcpsychobilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Bumpers, skids, lights and more lights, trail gear bumper, sliders, front kings, dakar lift leaf springs rear, corbeau seats
    I had many of those as pets when I was a kid (when I lived in Ca), I think those loose there tail (in defense).

6. Mar 28, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    JoeTacoma02

JoeTacoma02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm sure almost all lizards(if not all) lose their tails in defense. They grow back but they don't grow back the same.

If you're serious about keeping that reptile make sure you have proper place for it to live(reptile cage) with proper heat source, water, hiding spot and such. You can take it to a reptile store and ask them what kind it is and read up on it.

Other than that, enjoy that thing! I have a Chinese Water Dragon(about 27" long)and that thing is awesome!

7. Mar 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    The lizards I had when I was a child mostly ate crickets. They were Green Anoles. The thing about them is that they don't drink standing water, so you have to mist their plants (plastic or not) daily so they can drink the water drops.

One of the cool things about them is that when they shed, they eat their own dead skin. So as to not leave any evidence that there's a fresh lizard running around the area.

Products Discussed in

To Top