LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Caught a small garden looking lizard in my room yesterday

Old 03-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Caught a small garden looking lizard in my room yesterday

Caught this little thing and I think it's a Skink lizard.

when I Googled garden lizard (this popped up along with some other looking ones, but this is the closest to what I have)
http://commondescent.net/images/skink_3.jpg

attached are the actual images I took of it.
Anyone ever own a lizard before? I did a little searching on what it eats, but not sure how many times in one day I should feed it.
Attached Thumbnails
Caught a small garden looking lizard in my room yesterday-03252013441.jpg   Caught a small garden looking lizard in my room yesterday-03252013446.jpg   Caught a small garden looking lizard in my room yesterday-03252013445.jpg  
Old 03-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Or you could release it.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
Or you could release it.
or now burn said house down and move north...
Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
fucking man child.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
If you can find out what kind of Skink that is some of them go for over $100

http://www.californiaherps.com/ident...tiodon.id.html

A list of the local skinks to CA.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
new career?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #10
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
Or you could release it.
+1. The thing is a wild animal, it's not a pet. The right thing to do would be to release it back into the wild and let it continue living its life.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #11
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specalt View Post
If you can find out what kind of Skink that is some of them go for over $100

http://www.californiaherps.com/ident...tiodon.id.html

A list of the local skinks to CA.
not sure what in the hell lizard it is now. The skinks on the link have long lines on them and are very stretched out w/long tails. Mine is pretty much like that BUT it doesn't have the lines like the skinks. Has more of a Western Fence Lizard pattern on it. I Googled that and they are spiky ... so ... could it be I have a mut like lizard?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...identalis).jpg
Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
+1. The thing is a wild animal, it's not a pet. The right thing to do would be to release it back into the wild and let it continue living its life.
to be honest I have a feeling this lizard has been in my house several times. The first time I saw one of these was in my bathroom (VERY similar but smaller). I left it be only taking a photo or two. Maybe a year or so I find this one outside by the garage door (attached). Snap a shot as well as did a video test of it on my phone. Now this one I find IN my room lol!! Not sure if it was instinct or what but I see this mofo darting across the carpet.

I was reading on what Skinks eat, I can see why they have been lurking around though. still ... your in my room, have to set the example somehow
Attached Thumbnails
Caught a small garden looking lizard in my room yesterday-526932_3115953892737_1818453533_n.jpg  
Old 03-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #13
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
not sure what in the hell lizard it is now. The skinks on the link have long lines on them and are very stretched out w/long tails. Mine is pretty much like that BUT it doesn't have the lines like the skinks. Has more of a Western Fence Lizard pattern on it. I Googled that and they are spiky ... so ... could it be I have a mut like lizard?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...identalis).jpg
Looks like a good ol classic Aligator Lizard to me. They are mostly harmless. Quite sure they eat bugs.

http://www.californiaherps.com/ident...lgaria.id.html
Old 03-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
Looks like a good ol classic Aligator Lizard to me. They are mostly harmless. Quite sure they eat bugs.

http://www.californiaherps.com/ident...lgaria.id.html
I'm thinking that too. I Googled "california garden lizard" and saw this picture

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5...20Lizard.1.jpg

got it off some ladies blog about her garden.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #17
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
f*&k it I have a LIZARD in general ...

http://library.sandiegozoo.org/facts...atorlizard.htm

apparently these Aligator lizards are also known as Western Skinks ...

They are super common. They are all over California. Them and blue bellies. Used to catch them all the time as kids. The alligator lizards can get pretty big and there is a reason they are called alligator lizards. They can bite pretty hard. Nothing dangerous, but they can draw blood.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
They are super common. They are all over California. Them and blue bellies. Used to catch them all the time as kids. The alligator lizards can get pretty big and there is a reason they are called alligator lizards. They can bite pretty hard. Nothing dangerous, but they can draw blood.
I've seen the blue belly ones a couple times, a some with the aligator ones, but they were fairly small and EXTREMELY quick on the get away. SWEET!!!!!!! Didn't have any problems with this one biting. Tried but it looks like there no teeth in it. When I was putting it into a temp container (when I was catching it), had it's mouth open for a while, and didn't see any teeth in there (found that a little odd).
Old 03-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #19
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm

At least you didn't find this one in your room

He looks dead in this picture, he does that sometimes
Old 03-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post

At least you didn't find this one in your room

He looks dead in this picture, he does that sometimes

a part of me wishes I did though