Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone here own a classic Z car?

Old 04-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #21
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
Not sure if I was just new at it but I really hated working on the Z. The engine bay seemed so small compared to any other car I've ever worked on.
Yea those are known to be THE worst car to work on. Have to drop the engine for almost anything

Not a problem on the classic Z's tho. Enough room for a smart car to park under the hood lol
Old 04-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #22
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah we have a 91 i think 300Zx. we want to sell it. it has not been moved if like 4 years. Idk i think it was not running right. i donít really remember.

any one know about what they go for?
Old 04-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #23
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I could use one for a parts car(engine and wire harness, rear end, trans, etc) but youre nowhere near me
Old 04-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #24
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
I could use one for a parts car(engine and wire harness, rear end, trans, etc) but youre nowhere near me
yeah a little far. lol.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #25
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Been looking for an unmolested 1991-1992 Nissan 300ZX twin turbo. Super hard to find in colorado for some reason.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #26
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Soo ive been on alot of forums(supramania,3si, houston-imports, Zcar motoring, etc) and none can even touch the awesomeness that TW has lol.

So reason i started this thread is to see if anyone on here has a Z car. I bought a 1974 datsun 260z a few months ago and have already done a lot of work on it.
I was hoping there might be a few informative and helpful members on here that could help me troubleshoot and diagnose problems as well as repairs.

Summed up story;
Bought the car in houston. Drove it 100miles home. Clutch goes out as i take exit to my town. Install new clutch master and slave cylinders. Still doesnt fix it. Order new Centerforce stage 2 clutch. Install clutch along with a used 5spd that came with car in replacement of the factory 4 spd. Drive the car for 2 weeks(about 300 miles) and come to stop light in town. Cute girl next to me at red light looks and smiles. I rev engine. She smiles more and giggles a little. Light turns green. She leaves. And i have no clutch again. About to drop the transmission AGAIN :shootme: but i was wondering if anyone would have any idea what went wrong this time.
The car will go into gear while off FWIW.

OP you might also want to check out www.300zxclub.com
Old 04-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #27
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
A friend of a friend has a 91 300zx twin turbo. Its got a coolant leak that seems to be coming from the intake on the driver's side rear. Anyone know what this could be from? Its a pain in the ass to work on and or see anything, but its fast ass hell!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #28
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
A friend of a friend has a 91 300zx twin turbo. Its got a coolant leak that seems to be coming from the intake on the driver's side rear. Anyone know what this could be from? Its a pain in the ass to work on and or see anything, but its fast ass hell!
So jealous of that car! One day il own one and im gonna make it FAST AS FUCK. lol
Old 04-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #30
DerpWerx Fab

But i haz no 300zx. I haz older grandfather 260z
Old 04-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #31
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
The classic Datsun 240Z was an awesome little sports car...a quality example today will cost plenty.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #32
DerpWerx Fab

Exactly why i wanna get mine back onthe road so i can make it to some Z car meets/shows! About to see if theres a trans shop that can check all my hydraulics before i pull the trans off again.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #33
DerpWerx Fab

Took a sawzall to the exhaust today had no choice tho dang previous owner had it fully welded from 6-3-2 header all the way back. So exhaust had to go so i had room to drop trans. Hoping to have it out by this weekend and see whats going on in there.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #34
DerpWerx Fab

Anyone here own a classic Z car?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365030106.086320.jpg
Decided to snap a pic of my moms GXP next to the Z
Old 04-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #35
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Only one Z , the Z28
Old 04-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #36
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Only one Z , the Z28
negative capt'n

in addition to the very capable & fun to drive Datsun/Nissan Z...

there is the Z06...the ZR1...the Z71...

Old 04-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #37
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
negative capt'n

Ok . A GM Z .
Old 04-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #38
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
negative capt'n

Dont forget ZL1 !
Old 04-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #39

The new 370Z done up right can sport some pretty badass looks, Anybody know how they drive?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #40
DerpWerx Fab

Doing some engine pricing tonight.

Ohhh how sweet an rb25 or rb26 would be