Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone here own a classic Z car?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #41
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/11/z32-fighter-plane/

So SO SO SO SICK
Old 04-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #42
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
^ on a realistic budget here lol. Id liketo actually be able to have the car finished and road worthy again
Old 04-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #43
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
2jz

Old 04-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #44
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
2jz

Actually strongly considering that. Or the rb25. Both boosted inline 6's.
Whch would KIND OF stick with the roots of the car(since it came with a straight6)
Old 04-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #45
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hope you have lots of $$$$$$$
Old 04-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #46
DerpWerx Fab

Goals for engine swap=
highway/street machine. Itd mainly get ran on highways in mexico vs mustangs/turbo hondas/ls1 camaros/etc

450-500hp to the wheels

Low 10 second 1/4 mile

And around $8,000-$10,000

I wouldnt mind having a stock engine and adding bolts on to it later on(like bigger more efficient turbo,injectors, new tune, etc) so the $10,000 budget wont be used up all in one purchase but, spread over however long it takes me to gather all the parts.

All fab work would be done by myself too FWIW.

Probably gonna need a new motor next year anyway cause when tx2k14 comes around, im throwing a 150-200shot of spray on my l28 and gonna pray itll last the entire weekend without popping lmao.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:14 PM   #47
braaap

uh you're gonna need a lot more power to run that kinda 1/4 mile time.

or make the car weigh about 2000 lbs with you in it.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #48
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
uh you're gonna need a lot more power to run that kinda 1/4 mile time.

or make the car weigh about 2000 lbs with you in it.
Well the car weighs around 2300 right now so im not far off. Its already completely stripped. No A/C or radio. Racing seats. 5 point harnesses. Etc

I could find a way to lose a few more lbs if need be but 500hp in a 2300lb car should get me pretty close to a 10sec car. Regardless, 500 to the wheels is my goal cause after that, traction is gonna become nearly non existent even tho im locked in the rear.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #49
DerpWerx Fab

But like i said, the car is mainly gonna get used for 40 -60mph pulls and occasionally from a dig on private roads or highways in mexico so 1/4 mile isnt my main concern but it would definitely be cool to have a 10second car.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #50
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I've always thought the 300zx was one of the sharpest looking cars on the road. I never understood why targa and t top vehicles never took off.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #51
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Well the car weighs around 2300 right now so im not far off. Its already completely stripped. No A/C or radio. Racing seats. 5 point harnesses. Etc

I could find a way to lose a few more lbs if need be but 500hp in a 2300lb car should get me pretty close to a 10sec car. Regardless, 500 to the wheels is my goal cause after that, traction is gonna become nearly non existent even tho im locked in the rear.
Yeah traction will be your problem and will likely keep you away from 10 sec unless you put some massive meats on the rear (305's+).

Can that rear end hold 500 hp?
Old 04-05-2013, 04:57 AM   #52
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
I've always thought the 300zx was one of the sharpest looking cars on the road. I never understood why targa and t top vehicles never took off.
The Corvette has had one since 1968. I believe storage of the top is the reason more cars don't have them.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #53
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Yeah traction will be your problem and will likely keep you away from 10 sec unless you put some massive meats on the rear (305's+).

Can that rear end hold 500 hp?
I can fit some pretty wide tires in the back with some fender flares so thats not a problem.
The rear end would be an r200 And those can hangle gobs of torque so thats also not a problem
Old 04-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #54
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I had an '81 280ZX when I was 17. Thing was a little rough but I planned to work on it..until I saw the floorboard and frame both rusting and cracked to hell. Shame..that engine had 80K on it and sounded good as new.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #55
DerpWerx Fab

Hopefully someone out there can help me! Im about to pull the trans but in a last ditch effort i need help. When i push the slave cylinder push rod, the fluid inthe master cylinder bubbles. That means theres air in the system right? Would that be whats not letting the clutch work??? Idk where air can even be getting in through !
Old 04-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #56
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
just noticed that there is a 300zx in kill bill vol 1. One of the main characters drives it. Pretty sweet!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #57
DerpWerx Fab

Uh ohhhh somethings not right lmao Anyone here own a classic Z car?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365284654.823740.jpgAnyone here own a classic Z car?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365284673.307671.jpg
Old 04-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #58
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Hopefully someone out there can help me! Im about to pull the trans but in a last ditch effort i need help. When i push the slave cylinder push rod, the fluid inthe master cylinder bubbles. That means theres air in the system right? Would that be whats not letting the clutch work??? Idk where air can even be getting in through !
yes, air in the system.

And holy mother of god! how in the world did you shear off all the flywheel bolts?
Old 04-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #59
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
yes, air in the system.

And holy mother of god! how in the world did you shear off all the flywheel bolts?
Only 2 and looks like the pressure plate or something is hitting em. Not sure how it happened either
Old 04-07-2013, 01:20 AM   #60
braaap

That sucks, Surprised you didn't hear any grinding noises.