Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone here own a classic Z car?

Old 04-07-2013, 01:48 AM   #61
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Yea i didnt hear anything. Only reason i took it off is cause i didnt have clutch pressure. Might be time to get some professional help lol
Old 04-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #62
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well, just got my paycheck on saturday.. Time to order parts:
Flywheel bolts $50
Lightened flywheel $500
Throw out bearing $30
Knowing my luck im probably gonna need new holders and fork too so lets just throw in $20 too.

$600 , all that money only to HOPE i install everything right
Old 04-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #63
DerpWerx Fab

Changed the plugs, oil and Diff mount today! Found out why it always clunk and clanked when i shifted. Most rigged mount ever. They (shittily) welded some hexagonal steel where the rubbing bushing was AND the stud broke off that held the mount down. Anyone here own a classic Z car?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366855227.386915.jpgAnyone here own a classic Z car?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1366855241.371225.jpg
Old 04-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #64
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
I have 90 300zx 2 seater i paid 2500 for. guy offered me 6500 for it the other day, which i gladly said yes =)
Old 04-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #65
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
I have 90 300zx 2 seater i paid 2500 for. guy offered me 6500 for it the other day, which i gladly said yes =)
N/A or TT?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #66
Ngotoma is on a distinguished road
Ngotoma's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the white bunny setup if you need a flywheel/clutch or if you going to reuse your clutch since you they are basically new can usually find a 225mm flywheel at a decent price used. Being in TX there are quite a bit of Z folks who are willing to help and chime in.

The 260 is N/A or was it converted to a turbo setup?

Check out classiczcars, hybridz, and zdriver for more information on help on troubleshooting your problems. I think classicz and hybrid has a link to a xenon site which you can download the entire FSM.

Least you can sorta actually drive yours, my Z is still sitting under my carport and awaiting a turbo conversion whenever I can get time. If I can help I will try my best, but searching those mentioned sites I found alot of info and spent alot more money too lol.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #67
DerpWerx Fab

Im actually reading on hybridZ and classicZcars right now lol. Its a 260z with a l28(280z engine) swap running a mild cam, 6 to 2 header and holley 4barrel.

I have actually already ordered an MSA lightweight flywheel(10.5lbs compared to stock 25lbs), ordered a new centerforce stage 2 clutch a month ago, ARP flywheel bolts will be here monday and a new throw out bearing should be here tomro or friday.

Carb spits and sputters currently when pedal is mashed or WOT but i believe its the secondary/accelerator pump that has failed and causes that.

Im not really gonna mess with it tho cause my next major purchase will probably be a MegaSquirt EFI setup and ditch the oldschool carbs.

Actually, id just try to find a zxt engine swap and go ahead and get EFI and boost in one little bolt on package lol

Then im just gonna use it at the drag strip and sunday cruises till i can save up enough for a turbo swap.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #68
DerpWerx Fab

Hopefully i can have it running by next weekend! Might even try to get her out to the dragstrip saturday if i can find some quick fix for the sputtering. If not then il just take her cruising.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #69
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
N/A or TT?
Na. Only 85k miles. The pesky ac fan resistor died though waiting on a new one in the mail
Old 04-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #70
FATPUBUS has a spectacular aura aboutFATPUBUS has a spectacular aura about
FATPUBUS's Tacoma Gallery
Not a classic but heres a chance to whore out pix of my old 06!

Theres my 4runner too lol
Old 04-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #71
DerpWerx Fab

Ohhh i like that rear spoiler! And those wheels look great!

My next DD will actually be a 370z once i get out from being upside down on my truck.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #72
FATPUBUS has a spectacular aura aboutFATPUBUS has a spectacular aura about
FATPUBUS's Tacoma Gallery
I miss that car! Thats a stillen spoiler and advan t7 wheels. The amount of $ i put in it was rediculous!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #73
DerpWerx Fab

:tearsofjoy: its so beautiful
Old 04-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #75
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario Runner View Post
I'm a skyline person myself, Z's are ok but not for me. Anyway there is a nice classic mint Z that races at msrh in the classic races. If you do decide to build an RB let me know.
Believe it or not id actually like to take mine down to MSRH once its running. I bought it strictly to be a racecar so i wanna use it like one. Hopefully i can get this sorted out, get a new carb, Get a rule book, and see if im elligible or not
Old 04-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #76
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
I want!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qSJVi1mPjZQ
Old 04-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #77
DerpWerx Fab

Went to install the new flywheel...yeaaaa no... Gonna try and get a professional to reinstall everything just so i can have piece of mind and not have to deal with trans issues for a while(hopefully).

If it was just the flywheel then i would do it myself. But since the pressure plate, clutch disk, new throw out bearing, etc all needs to get installed, im willing to pay.

Plus the last time i installed a clutch, it lasted a week and then the car was back on jackstands a week later
Old 04-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #78
DerpWerx Fab

Got the car together and running again!

Its too loud to drive much currently(6-3-2 header cut at firewall) so its parked until i can order a new exhaust from MSA. (6-1 ceramic coated header with 2.5" piping all the way back)

After thats ordered and installed, i have to find someone who knows holley 4 barrel carbs to check mine out cause anytime you give it more than 25% throttle, it just spits and sputters until about 4,500rpm. Then it just flys to about 6,000rpm.

After those issues are fixed, going to get the rear main seal replaced(decided to take a shit after the new flywheel was put on )

Then...time for some autocross ! Anyone here own a classic Z car?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367250123.132824.jpg
Old 05-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #79
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
thought you all might enjoy this....

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/05/...-at-donington/