Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

UPS rant

Old 04-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
jsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 6th Motor Transport Battalion
Name: Jeff
jsmarine's Tacoma Gallery
UPS rant

Ok, guys I want your opinion on this, I came home the other day to a package on my doorstep from UPS. The recipient does not live here, the package had my address, but it was not my package.

I contacted UPS via email to let them know that I was not the intended recipient, and that I left the package on the doorstep where they had left it for them to pick back up. They replied that they cannot assist me...it looked like a typical template email where they just fill in the blanks with my name.

So I replied back to their email and told them again that I was not the intended recipient, nor did I sign for this package and that it was left on my doorstep, and asked them again to pick it up and return to the sender.

Again, they replied (this time it didn't look like a template email) and told me that they cannot assist me.

So basically I will have to deal with this myself now. I dont know the person on the package, nor is it the person that I bought my home from. It also doesn't appear to be one of my neighbors. I will just have to contact the company that sent it, and see how they want me to proceed.

Contacting the company that sent the package, and getting it back to them probably wont be to much of an inconvenience for me. But, heres my beef, I feel like I should not have to deal with this, and that UPS should just pick up the package and return it to the sender. If it was my package, and delivered to the wrong house, I would want UPS to pick it up and return it to the sender rather than just leave the package with the wrong person. I'm going to do the right thing and get this back to the sender, but I'm not sure everyone else would.

This post is going long now, so heres my question, am I wrong to think UPS should pick up the package and return it to the sender?

Lastly, I did reply to UPS's email again and asked them that if I was home when they came, and told the driver it wasn't my package would he have just thrown it on my doorstep anyways after I closed the door for me to deal with; or would he have taken the package back to the truck and returned it to the sender as undeliverable.

No response back from UPS yet on that one.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
What's in the box ?

Old 04-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
open it first carefully
Old 04-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Just drop it off to your nearest ups store. Then ask what can brown do for me?
Old 04-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Contact the sender .
Old 04-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
jsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
What's in the box ?

Its probably vitamins, as the company name on the box is Vitacost.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Contact the sender .
Thats what I plan to do, but my beef is that UPS should make sure they deliver to the right person, and if they dont need signature confirmation and just leave it, they should pick it up back up if its not the right person. Or am I wrong to think that?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #9
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
Just drop it off to your nearest ups store. Then ask what can brown do for me?
This is what I would do, why should I have to contact the sender when its not even my fault? Make ups fix it
Old 04-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately I'd say you're wrong. Ups was paid and delivered it to the adress on the package .
Old 04-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #11
I know this isn't UPS's fault, either the intended recipient of the package entered their address wrong, or the sender did. But, I still think UPS has a duty to do their best to get it to the right recipient, and if they cannot, they should just return it to the sender as undeliverable so the sender can sort it out with the true recipient and get the right address. I dont think UPS should just leave it with the wrong person and hope they do the right thing....
Old 04-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Unfortunately I'd say you're wrong. Ups was paid and delivered it to the adress on the package .
So if I was home and told the driver that package was not for me, you think its OK for him just to drop it on my doorstep and say "I did my job, the address is correct... you deal with it"

EDIT: And I will deal with it, because I think its the right thing to do to get it back to the sender so they can sort it out. BUT, I still think UPS has some skin in this, as they were intrusted to deliver the package, and should return it to the sender when they cannot deliver it to the intended recipient.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #13
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmarine View Post
So if I was home and told the driver that package was not for me, you think its OK for him just to drop it on my doorstep and say "I did my job, the address is correct... you deal with it"
I think he'd have too . Because if not where else would it go ? Especially if there was no return postage on it .
Old 04-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #14
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What's in the box ?

this is exactly what came into mind lol
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #15
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
eat the vitamins
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #16
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmarine View Post

EDIT: And I will deal with it, because I think its the right thing to do to get it back to the sender so they can sort it out. BUT, I still think UPS has some skin in this, as they were intrusted to deliver the package, and should return it to the sender when they cannot deliver it to the intended recipient.
They'll take it back if it doesn't belong to the right address.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #17
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What's in the box ?

I just want you to know that even if no one else gets it, I'm with you.

Nice.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #18
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
I just want you to know that even if no one else gets it, I'm with you.

Nice.
"If you kill him, he will have won"
Old 04-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #19
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Does seem that UPS is acting a little weak under these circumstances, however they run circles around the USPS and FedEx.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
They'll take it back if it doesn't belong to the right address.
That's what I thought. They have in the past when the driver came to my door, but this is the first time it has just been left on my doorstep, and now they wont come back to get it.