1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad neighbors- who has 'em?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by kingston73, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Nov 26, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:

Damn butt pirates! :D:D:D

2. Nov 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    Don't even get me started on my brother-in-law, biggest Ahole I know and man so flippin arrogant. I feel your pain fellow TWer.

I'll have to see this Jerk tomorrow and act like I give a rats ass what he has to say, it’s so tiring.

Off topic I know :eek:

3. Jun 16, 2014 at 2:34 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd update this one. My neighbors haven't given up on their dickery ways, just yesterday (Fathers day!) I'm out mowing the lawn when I see my dick neighbors wife standing on the edge of our line with her hands on her hips. I stop the mower and ask what her issue is and she starts telling me I need to stop throwing trash on their lawn! I have no clue what the hell she's talking about so I just start the mower up and ignore her. About ten mins later a cop pulls into their driveway and a few mins after that they walk over to me.

The dick neighbor called and told the cops I was dumping trash in their yard and to prove it they took pictures of trash. Not me throwing the trash, just random trash. We live on a long straight road across from a field so the wind picks up everything and blows it into our yards constantly.

Anyhow, I thought they'd given up but clearly they haven't, so now in a year they have reported us to the inspector, animal control, and called the cops twice. I have the police reports but unfortunately animal control doesn't keep records.

So what can I do to make this stop? I'm not moving, and talking to the guy is not an option. In ma we have a 258e which is a kind of restraining order that is free to file so I'm really seriously considering that. Other suggestions?

4. Jun 16, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    privacy fence.

5. Jun 16, 2014 at 8:10 PM
    ecoterragaia

ecoterragaia Everyone lives downstream.

Member:
    Central Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2006 RC 4X4 5 speed & 2021 4Runner SR5
    Tax dollars hard at work. I bet they're the first to complain about government wasting their hard earned money. Ridiculous, sorry dude, wish I had some good advice for you. Privacy fence does seem like the best idea.

6. Jun 16, 2014 at 8:19 PM
    Rupp1

Rupp1 "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR Auto Silver Sky 4x4 / 2017 4Runner Premium
    I've had some, but not currently.

At my last place, the next door people were ok, but I didn't understand them. My wife called them modern day hippies. Anyways, thier push lawnmower broke one spring, and they never cut the grass for a number of weeks. So, I did it for them. Then, I ended up doing it again. That just pissed me off, so I did it every week for the rest of the year. They thought I was being nice, but really I was doing it because I didn't want it making my yard look bad.

People........................................:mad:

7. Jun 16, 2014 at 8:31 PM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Fire with fire ,,The 258 would be my start. but I would go down hill from that,, When the shit starts I get real nasty. We have been in this house for 34 years , Ive made 4 people move. I have the cops on speed dial . You keep me up after 10 pm .. at 7 am meet Mr. Jims steel drum set. you walk by my house with a base ball bat on your sholder.. I clean 30 guns on the front porch while staring at you.. Bro sometimes you have to meet crazy with crazy.. I can turn it into a art form:)

8. Jun 16, 2014 at 8:35 PM
    muddedtaco

muddedtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    South Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 4x4 2.7
    Rattle caned black, Mossy oak door panels, shifter shroud, and radio cluster surround
    I am the bad neighbor, yard grows up, two broken down trucks in the front yard along with three boats, I let dogs run loose, I have 20ish chickens, 10 ducks, 2 turkeys, a 150 pound hog I have ruts I in my front yard, I play my music loud, rev my truck up all the time, always have fires, always shooting, building something, ripping stuff down, and muddin in my back yard. It sure is nice to live in the country where you an do what you want.:cool:

9. Nov 24, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    It's been a while but here an update. Just tonight we get a knock at the door, it's a local PD with a temporary restraining order against both me and my wife! Here in ma we have something called a 258e which is a type of harassment prevention originally meant for victims of sexual harassment, rape, and other types of assault. To get the temp order a person just has to file, and then 10 days later there a court hearing for both plaintiff and defendant to testify. I can't believe this sh%t but now I have to go to court and miss a day of work, so does my wife. They filed 2 separate orders, the guy filed against my wife and his wife filed against me. Anybody in ma have any experience with this? We are both teachers and are worried about our job security, plus this could possibly affect getting my LTC license renewed.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  10. Nov 24, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    toyodajeff

toyodajeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    06 reg cab sr5
    I don't know maybe ask in the Leo vs thread maybe there's a cop from your state. Call up a lawyer for starters and if you win she them for pain and suffering and all kinda shit. Then maybe you can just have there house.

11. Nov 24, 2014 at 7:00 PM
    toyodajeff

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    06 reg cab sr5
    Also for other people that may want a fence. We have a shifty neighbor who put gravel on his. One acre yard so he wouldn't have to now. He also live in a house that's falling down and built a big kinda shifty looking barn that I'm pretty sure he lives in. Also has a 1972 Winnebago that hasn't left his house in 10 years and is parked right on the prop. Line.

We got like 15 leeland Cyprus trees about the same time he got his giant rusty meth lab camper. I was about ten and my dad let me fertilize them. I almost burned them up with about 3 gallons of fertilizer pellets but they did live. Ours grew about 10 feet in 1 year. They grew about 25 to 30 feet tall. But the base is about 10 feet across so they take up some room. But way cheaper than a fence.

12. Nov 24, 2014 at 7:27 PM
    68vert

68vert Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    DCSB 4X
    LMFAO. Holy shit. That is one of the most awesomest things I've ever heard. I pay some big money to just witness that.

13. Nov 24, 2014 at 7:45 PM
    tex

tex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    OP, sorry to hear your troubles. I too have a scum bag neighbor but a little different situation from yours.
    Not sure what to tell you about handling that 258e you were served with but maybe speak with an attorney. Mind to yourself and check around your house for anything that could be against code.

14. Nov 24, 2014 at 7:52 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    So much win. :cool:

15. Nov 24, 2014 at 10:46 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Fixed for ya you old cranky bastard....:p

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Howdy neighbor.....;)

16. Nov 25, 2014 at 9:13 PM
    toyodajeff

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    06 reg cab sr5
    Ok I would try to think of ways to kiss off the neighbors now.
    1 get a Billy goat, the male goats kiss all over there selves and stink really bad. As a bonus you can also bbq it after they move for a delicious meal that you can celebrate with all your other neighbors.
    2 if firecrackers are legal in Massachusetts you need to shoot off at least $5 worth a day, maybe shoot some guns too if you can safely do it in your yard.
    3 I'm not sure how good it grows up north but you could sneak over and plant some kudzu in there yard, also I think they have some wisteria bushes you could plant too that grow and take stuff over.
    4 if he has a hot daughter try to invite her over for dinner.
    5 don't freak out or act aggressive towards the police if they show up. I'm sure those people are acting like db's to the cops too.
    6 I'm pretty sure it's not illegal to do yard work in a Speedo.
    7 get the loudest muffler you can on your truck, maybe even no muffler. Also get some big speakers for your truck.
    8 if he has a bon fire walk over to his yard with your shirt off in a Speedo and pee in his fire without talking.
    10 rich snobby people sometimes have dinner parties, if you see balloons EVER tied to the mailbox or ANY signs of a parts that your time to go full red neck and and start raising he'll speedo, goat and all.

17. Nov 26, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    Only one, I have this fat lazy slob that lives across the alley from me and he's constantly bitching to other people me and my wife know about all the "loud vehicles" I have and how much I just love to start up my quad in the middle of the night and rev the snot out of it. He's just a prick, and he lives off the system so our hard work pays for him to be lazy so he should just shut his piehole.

And none of my vehicles other than my diesel are loud so idk where he gets the analogy that all of my rigs are noisy.

18. Nov 26, 2014 at 12:50 PM
    Flowin

Flowin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Acworth, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD OFF ROAD
    OME 3" lift, 265/75/16 KO2s, 35% tint
    Neighbors dogs shit in my yard on a too long tie-out, I told them to pick it up (told them once, twice...nothing!!) So I ended up doing it and filled a bag...

Emptied out the bag in their mailbox before they got their mail, the next day they see me out there and I tell them if I see any of their dogs over here again I will put them in the mail box as well -piece by piece!

Problem solved!

19. Nov 27, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5Lug, 2015 PreRunner
    Stonewall is the fattest 5 lug slug ever
    I'm pretty sure I'm the messy neighbor, with the three dead cars in the back yard, a currently disabled van in the driveway, and a scraggly lawn. But my neighbors love me, probably because I fix their cars, throw them a free Sunday newspaper if I have extras, and all that good stuff. My yard might not be pretty, but if you move in by me, you pretty much belong to my family, so I take care of you.
    Can't tell you guys how many neighborhood crime sprees me and my boss/neighbor have stopped. Me and him even saved the new neighbor's tail a few months ago when someone followed him home and started beating him in the street, just because he cut him off on the road.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  20. Nov 27, 2014 at 10:30 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

Sounds like a great place to live

Products Discussed in

To Top