Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Bad neighbors- who has 'em?

Old 04-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Bad neighbors- who has 'em?

Who doesn't like their neighbors? We have been living in my house for five years now, and from the start didnt really like our right side neighbor.

It started when we first moved in. The former owner had left a large, old school tv sitting out on the curb. We called the trash service and were told we had to drive it to the dump ourselves. Ok, fine, but the hours we were both working prevented us from getting to the dump since it was only open Saturday mornings. Our neighbors left us a note on our door one day saying we should call the trash service and get rid of the tv because "other neighbors" were complaining about it. Basically the guy didn't have the guts to walk over and ask if we had tried to get rid of it.

Fast forward 2 years, the same guy gets his garage redone and has 3 large (4x6x4ft) piles of dirt from the renovation left on the line between his house and mine. I had taken down an old shed left from the previous owner and had a small depression left over that I couldn't mow over so I wanted to fill it in and level it off. I asked the guy one day if I could use 2 or 3 wheelbarrows of his dirt piles and he said NO! He claimed he'd need it eventually "to fill sink holes".

That was the last time I'd talked to him, he keeps to himself and we keep to ourselves. Just today he is out in his yard and yells over to me that my dog is barking too much and I should do something about it. Now, my dog does bark at him and doesn't like him at all for some reason, but every time she starts we bring her in. He threatened to call the police and report us for "disturbing the peace"!

I have now put up a 6 ft tall stockade fence between him and us. We can't afford to get our property surveyed but that's on the list of things to do.

Sorry for the rant, but I hate a$$holes.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Been there done that, could always be worse.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
My dad has a tree line of pines between his and the neighbors house. The neighbor built a fence between them and put the fence up so the trees were on his side. One of the trees just happened to fall on my dads house so when he went to do insurance paperwork, he found out the neighbor jacked 5ft of the property line and all those tree's, and it's been like that for 15 years.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
How about no neighbors.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #6
tlh178 is on a distinguished road
Name: terry
tlh178's Tacoma Gallery
indeed, have a bad one here. there always scaring the deer of my property. always driving there utv around and coming out right at low light, when the deer are really moving good. you get used to it i guess or atleast i did!
Old 04-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
We lived in our old house for 16 years.(parents got it right before i was born) well back when i was in 3rd grade one of the neighbors kinda on the back side.(neighborhood and we had 2 corner lots.) They let their GSD out and it bite me i had to get like 8 stitches in my leg and i can still tell really well where it is. well after they called the hospital and said it was their dog. then came back and said it was not. Then they started walking it every night. and had the guys sister drive about 7 miles to bring her dog and walk it as well. let both use the bath room in our yard. sadly we sued them.(we are not that kinda people. but it needed to be done. also they would threw their mcdonalds bags in our back yard. dad almost cough them one day, and wishes he would have because he would have gave them a ticket for littering. we did call the cops a few times.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #8
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Almost every house I have lived in (parents separated) I have had neighbors that pissed me off. Now Im in an apartment and surprisingly dont have too many issues. I was dreading going to an apartment from my 2 acre property in OH. I have to say though, When I get out of school here and can afford a house, it is going to be a nice bit of property where I cannot see anyone. I am not particularly a fan of having neighbors good or bad
Old 04-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
I live in an apartment so you can pretty much expect the neighbors to suck. One neighbor in particular likes to turn his living room TV up to volume 100 at night so were usually pounding on the wall. The apartment management is way too lazy to actually do anything about it.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
k20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joseph
k20me's Tacoma Gallery
This popped into my head.

2badneighbors by dajosh2, on Flickr
Old 04-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #11
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
neighbours

And my next door neighbour is a complete moron , sometimes it's amusing but generally he's irritating
Old 04-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #12
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
^2 I hate one of my neighbors but he is fun to watch sometimes. After I watched him tear up his lawn mower one day he asked to borrow mine. I told him fuck no and explained that I don't want him tearing up mine. And he plays ultimate frisbee in his front yard when there is a park 1 block away This is him \/

My other neighbor is cool. I let him borrow tools in exchange for cold beer.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #13
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really have a bad neighbor but he is defenantly a nosey one. I got that from the beginning. He knew something about everyone on the street. Whose single who's divorced whos done what to their house, He even encourges me to call the HOA on my other neighbor cause there small dog gets out occasionally. So I keep to myself. But every once in awhile I do see him and he asks me questions like who's car or truck that was in the front of my house the other day. Or he'll gossip about other people. I don't want to be rude but I do want him to get the message that I don't want to be his "buddy". So I always...with a smile give him one worded answers or cut the conversation short. I know it's mean but I have met people like him in the past, and learned its best to keep my distance.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #14
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
^2 I hate one of my neighbors but he is fun to watch sometimes. After I watched him tear up his lawn mower one day he asked to borrow mine. I told him fuck no and explained that I don't want him tearing up mine. And he plays ultimate frisbee in his front yard when there is a park 1 block away This is him \/

My other neighbor is cool. I let him borrow tools in exchange for cold beer.
Dafuq is he doing?
Old 04-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #15
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
When we moved to NC 13 years ago, we noticed that most neighborhoods had covanants. Basically rules and restrictions. No way we thought. A few different homes later, I'm glad we have them. Reality is that everyone doesn't care about taking care of their stuff just because you do.

Now, I've gotten a call asking me to cut up a dead tree and get rid of it as it was on the very back of my 1 acre wood lot. The people behind me are extreemly anal, but its better than the alternative. Luckily, my next door neighbor is the president of the homeowners association, and we get along great. He races in the 24 hours of lemons series, and he is supet relaxed.

I've had some horrible ones in the past though. I feel for you.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #17
Muddog13 will become famous soon enoughMuddog13 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeremy
Muddog13's Tacoma Gallery
I will say that I have been very lucky with my neighbors. We all drink beer, hang out, we will rent aerators and power rakes and anyone that wants to do their yard can pitch in after all is said and done everyone paid like 5 bucks for the rental fee.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
neighbours

And my next door neighbour is a complete moron , sometimes it's amusing but generally he's irritating
Is he American and does he own a pig?!?
Old 04-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #19
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Our neighbor sucks, they have two dogs that bark every time we step outside. They have a yard full of junk cars. They mow the lawn once a year it's like a hay field and the house is falling down around them. I don't think we could sell our place if we wanted to.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #20
just sittin' in the corner, havin' a beer
eastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
eastcoastcowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad10tacoma View Post
Our neighbor sucks, they have two dogs that bark every time we step outside. They have a yard full of junk cars. They mow the lawn once a year it's like a hay field and the house is falling down around them. I don't think we could sell our place if we wanted to.
False. I only have one dog.