Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Are you scared of airbags?

View Poll Results: Are you scared of airbags?
Yes 5 13.89%
No 10 27.78%
Neither 2 5.56%
I have a healthy respect for them 19 52.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Are you scared of airbags?

I'm not a big fan of airbags, I just don't like the idea of a canvas, EDIT: vinyl, bag full of air pressure flying at me at 200 MPH.
I do like the idea of a 5 point harness with a very well built cage.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm more scared of dying in a car crash
Old 04-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Never experienced one so I have no idea what to expect. Once in a while when I'm driving I think about how my hand would smack me right in the face if the airbag blew. I usually drive with my left hand at 12 o'clock. Oh well.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Never experienced one so I have no idea what to expect. Once in a while when I'm driving I think about how my hand would smack me right in the face if the airbag blew. I usually drive with my left hand at 12 o'clock. Oh well.
That's how I drive, or my left arm is on the rest with my hand at the 9 o'clock position.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't know they were made of canvas!

My friend got burns on her arms from the gases and bruises on her chest. But I guess that beats her face through the glass.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
I'd rather be fishing..
SWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: james
SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
air bags suck balls I hit a tree going about 40 wreck didnt get me not a scratch, air bag exploded 2 seconds late busted my nose and burnt my face all up
Old 04-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #7
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've got burns on my hand from airbag deployment...if you are wearing your seatbelt, it locks, so the airbag doesn't blow into your face. And yes if you have your hand over the bag, it will smack you in the face..
Old 04-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #8
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
I didn't know they were made of canvas!
I'm not 100% sure on that, but I think they are

EDIT: googled it and they're vinyl, vinyl will still burn you pretty good.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Have seen one go off when a fireman was undoing a trapped person. Like an explosion, broke some of his ribs
Old 04-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #10
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
I can turn it off in my access cab. My wife is scared of them too, but I still leave it on for her safety.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #12
just sittin' in the corner, havin' a beer
eastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
eastcoastcowboy's Tacoma Gallery
These guys aren't scared of airbags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUJV-yCkNZg?hl=en_US
Old 04-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #13
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Use your seat belt and just scoot the seat to suit.
You'd rather be a crash survivor with a slight burn or no burn from the bag, than dead for not using one.
They have a few holes in them btw, so they inflate, but just release the gas when the face hits them or when the charge runs out...milliseconds.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #14
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I had a friend that was in a crash with a car with no airbag. Her face smashed into the steering wheel busting out a bunch of her teeth and splitting the roof of her mouth from front to back, among other injuries. I'll take my chances with the airbag.

Potential burns, bruises, or broken ribs are better than the alternative of death. The airbag isn't there to keep you completely unscathed in a crash it's there to try and keep you from being dead.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #15
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I don't fear them, and think that they can save your life, but I have seen what they can do, and am very aware that they could seriously mess you up if they don't work right.

I too think about what would happen if my airbag went off (usually randomly) and I almost always have my arm in the way of it

I have also heard of reports of having your thumbs broken when it goes off when you have them hooked around the steering wheel
Old 04-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #16
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
I can turn it off in my access cab. My wife is scared of them too, but I still leave it on for her safety.
Good choice!

I think most AC's can turn them off because of the baby seat thing.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #17
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I'm more scared of dying in a car crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastcowboy View Post
These guys aren't scared of airbags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUJV-yCkNZg?hl=en_US

Haha, looked at that guys videos.. Watch this one. And take notice of the first 25 seconds.. or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd5lW-Ovcb4

"were canadian and were stupid and this what we do for fun."
Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #18
just sittin' in the corner, havin' a beer
eastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedeastcoastcowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
eastcoastcowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good choice!

I think most AC's can turn them off because of the baby seat thing.
All you turn off is the passenger side front. Driver side, curtain and seat are still on.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastcowboy View Post
All you turn off is the passenger side front. Driver side, curtain and seat are still on.
Yep. Because I don't think the babyseat is supposed to go in the driver seat....
Old 04-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #20
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep. Because I don't think the babyseat is supposed to go in the driver seat....
.....are you sure? F that. I'm never having kids if I can't use them as my DD.