Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

370z or FR-S

Old 04-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #21
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I don't auto cross either, its got enough power for me to have as much fun as I need. And as the boxer motor is the power source, there is a huge following for that in after market options.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #22
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
I don't auto cross either, its got enough power for me to have as much fun as I need. And as the boxer motor is the power source, there is a huge following for that in after market options.
How much hp does it have whats it weigh? Also, whats the 0-60?
The car would get raced so it also needs to be fast while enjoying mods.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #23
Woah! How did that get here?
EFalco50 will become famous soon enoughEFalco50 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ethan
EFalco50's Tacoma Gallery
Take my advice, I had a 370z, it was a blast. Went through 2 sets of tires in one year. Got decent MPG/ Good upgrades and IMHO best Exhaust sound you can ever get from a V6.

simply put- BADA$$

IDK about the FR-S Seems legit..
Old 04-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #24
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
7.9 sec 0-60, 200hp and 2758 lbs, so about 13.8 hp per pound.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #25
aaronc7 is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
aaronc7's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty big price difference between the two once you start to option them out...almost different classes- that may be a big deciding factor. For what you want, sounds like the 370Z may be what you want (more power, nicer/more luxurious).

That said me personally I would get the BRZ/FRS! I have the Taco as my everyday driver and on the side I have a turbocharged Miata (kinda reminds me of the BRZ/FRS...... handles/balanced well, a bit under-powered from the factory).
Old 04-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #26
Why yes, I AM a rocket scientist.
Geosh is on a distinguished road

Geosh's Tacoma Gallery
If they come out with a turbo or supercharged FR-S, then it will be a contender. It can handle with the best of them but it lacks power IMO. Passing power and off the line acceleration are very un-inspiring, which is the main reason I didn't end up buying one.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #27
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
7.9 sec 0-60, 200hp and 2758 lbs, so about 13.8 hp per pound.
7.9? Yikes. Its light but man thats lackin power. I know its designed to be a handling car but dang.

The Z's is like 5 seconds.

Another reason to get a Z
Old 04-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #28
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geosh View Post
If they come out with a turbo or supercharged FR-S, then it will be a contender. It can handle with the best of them but it lacks power IMO. Passing power and off the line acceleration are very un-inspiring, which is the main reason I didn't end up buying one.
There are plenty of aftermarket turbo and supercharger kits for the FR-S/BRZ
Old 04-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #29
aaronc7 is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
aaronc7's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen some Turbo kits out there and read about rumored TRD supercharger kits. I wonder how much power the stock motor/drivetrain will handle...that may make or break how popular it is in the aftermarket world.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #30
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
7.9? Yikes. Its light but man thats lackin power. I know its designed to be a handling car but dang.

The Z's is like 5 seconds.

Another reason to get a Z
He who shall be last, shall be sliding and smiling ~ Jeremy Clarkson
Old 04-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #31
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
FR-S
Old 04-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #32
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Genesis coupe.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #33
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
There are plenty of aftermarket turbo and supercharger kits for the FR-S/BRZ
No supercharger/turbo kits for me. Itd be small mods like intake/exhaust/tune.

I have a car on the side thats getting major mods(81mm turbo behind a 5.3l v8)

So again, raw-off the showroom floor-power ,370>frs
Old 04-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
I have seen some Turbo kits out there and read about rumored TRD supercharger kits. I wonder how much power the stock motor/drivetrain will handle...that may make or break how popular it is in the aftermarket world.
The TRD kit is race only and costs $26k and you have to buy two

There have been plenty of 350-400 turbo'd FA-20 built up
Old 04-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #35
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Genesis coupe.
Ohhhh good choice^! i wouldnt mind a genesis coupe r-spec(or is it t-spec? I forget ) but... The hyundai name kills it for me just sounds too close to honda lol.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #36

Law Enforcement:
There's owners out there pusing 438+ hp on E-85 gas with turbo kits.

No it's not an off the line drag car, if you want an off the line car, don't get FR-S or the 370Z, go with a mustang or some shit.

If you want an all around fun to drive, best handling, comfortable sports car, FR-S is the way to go. Its purely a true driving experience car.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #37
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Very big price difference.

Really depends on what you will use it for. For just city driving, a light, nimble FR-S would be my choice. But if you want to travel long distances, go fast in a straight line, get the Z.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #38
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ohhhh good choice^! i wouldnt mind a genesis coupe r-spec(or is it t-spec? I forget ) but... The hyundai name kills it for me just sounds too close to honda lol.
Name doesn't bother me. Nice having the choice of a 274 hp turbo 4 or 348hp V6
Old 04-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #39

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
I drove a Genesis Coupe 2.0t prior to my purchase, FR-S hands down is better.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #40
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Name doesn't bother me. Nice having the choice of a 274 hp turbo 4 or 348hp V6
Wondered why they never put the V8 in the coupe ...