Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

370z or FR-S

Old 04-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #41
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
There's owners out there pusing 438+ hp on E-85 gas with turbo kits.

No it's not an off the line drag car, if you want an off the line car, don't get FR-S or the 370Z, go with a mustang or some shit.

If you want an all around fun to drive, best handling, comfortable sports car, FR-S is the way to go. Its purely a true driving experience car.
Dont care for the domestic muscle cars so its import only. And nissan is known for high performance sports cars which is why id trust a 370z(punishment and performace wise).

The base model-all manual-5spd standard taco is all i need to feel like im 'one with the car' and enjoy the driving experience.

And like i said, turbo kits are a no-no so again i guess i should get a Z.

I didnt realize the fr-s was purely a car just to drive for fun and wasnt actually fast or luxurious.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #42
North Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shed

North Star's Tacoma Gallery
I am a fan of the BRZ, so the Subaru would be my choice (over the Scion). People are getting 200whp out of a tune on E85 and a catback. That's pretty good for such a light car.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #43
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Straight line and cruising get the Z. My buddy ran 13.9 consistently with a 350z. He rides in my wife's fr-s from time to time and being a DRIVERS car it is much more fun...in turns. It kinda bores me taking off from a stop.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #44
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Btw I wonder who on here owns a 370Z or FR-S...

Are the votes cast purely on speculation or personal experiences? I own a 2013 FR-S, and I wouldn't choose a different car.
this, ^^^^^

I'm with Kodiak, i love my FR-S and the aftermarket is pretty big for a car thats been out for only a year or so
Old 04-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #45
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Yea the FR-S isn't an off the line car, I'll be the first to say that, anything else, its AWESOME!

Old 04-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #46
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Wondered why they never put the V8 in the coupe ...
Hyundai CLAIMED it wouldn't fit. Who knows though. I've never closely looked under the hood of one. Would be sweet with the 5.0 V8 from the Genesis sedan in it.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #47
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paid $1,100 this month to the truck payment rather than the minimum $300.

The more i pay, the closer i get to a new car
Old 04-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #48
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Nissan has no quality control.

The FR-S is better looking and better built. The cabin is small. The car is sexy.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #49
SteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
SteelCityPickle's Tacoma Gallery
We just got rid of a 350z... it was a good car, but had to be traded for a baby hauler.

That being said, here is my bias opinions:

The 350z is a pig, and I know the 370 wasn't trimmed down all that much, more of a power increase. A heavy, torquey pig. Ride quality is abysmal, but it does have fun power. It's more of a muscle car that can handle pretty well than a sports car.

The FR-S is built to compete with the Maita. A light weight, well balanced sports car (I should probably also mention that I still have a Miata). If I were to ever get rid of my Miata, it would be for a BR-Z. The FR-S cars are not overly powerful, but I bet if you put the same driver in both, on an auto cross course, the FR-S would give the Z all it could handle for competition.

They are two very different driving experiences. They only real way to know is by asking the seat of your pants. Test drive them both extensively.

As far as the Genesis is concerned: I drove one last summer and it felt A LOT like our 350z but with a little better ride quality.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #50
DerpWerx Fab

Well im looking for more a straight line racer so im leaning towards the Z. Gonnatry and test drive both sometime next month to help the decision and will also motivate to continue and get my truck paid off soon.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #51
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
At the end of the day its about the grin factor. Go drive them both at least twice. That will tell you which one to get. I would love either. I own a Suzuki tl1000s motorcycle. It is considered slow and heavy but I won't trade it for any other bike out there because of the "grin factor". I get giddly like a little school girl every time I drive it. That is what you are after and no one else can tell you which one will give you a bigger grin.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #52
SteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
SteelCityPickle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Well im looking for more a straight line racer so im leaning towards the Z. Gonnatry and test drive both sometime next month to help the decision and will also motivate to continue and get my truck paid off soon.
Then get the Z.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #53
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
No more 2.7 L race car ? Put the lift and 33's back on !
Old 04-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #54
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
The FR-S is almost toooo appealing to me! Everytime I see one, its screaming BUY ME! haha so yea thats where my vote shall remain
this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
and this
Old 04-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #55
Winnebagosmuggler is on a distinguished road
Name: Zach
Winnebagosmuggler's Tacoma Gallery
I would tend to agree with the guys saying the 370z would be a lot nicer. I bought a 2012 RS7 Scion TC and the interior of the FRS is almost identical. I sat in one a while back at the dealer and liked it but it was nothing special. Really regretted getting a TC and not spending 3k more on one. But my biggest regret was not just getting another Tacoma in the first place If you want to save money get the Scion, they are pretty cool.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #56
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Eh. Taco will continue to be DD and work vehicle. Atleast itll finally be in my name officially and i wont feel bad for sliding it into a tree or something while wheeling lol.
Il lift it up again one day without a doubt. But not until i get another car cause driving 5-8 hours in the taco when it had 33's flat out sucked lol.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #57
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO I would get the FR-S. The 370 seems like its a car that some club going d-bag would drive (sorry, but thats my honest opinion). I test drove the BR-Z and loved it. Only reason I didnt get one is because I was saving up for a house. The FR-S is a better buy over both the 370 and the BR-Z. A new FR-S off the lot here runs about $26,500 with no options. A BR-Z is around 29K, but it comes stock with HIDs and touch screen Nav. MSRP on a base 370 is 33K. Bottom line, the FR-S is best bang for the buck, use all the money you saved on performance upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Well im looking for more a straight line racer .
Then grow a mullet and get a Mustang!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #58
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
get something older and own it man, id get something sweet like A DSM or motorbike even but between the two, id stick with scion just because its toyota.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #59
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
get something older and own it man, id get something sweet like A DSM or motorbike even but between the two, id stick with scion just because its toyota.
No sir, i dont mind being in a lil debt to get something modern and luxurious.

Please no fanboys in here.

Scion is just a hipster brand IMO.
Im now turned away from getting an fr-s after being informed at how sluggish they are unless you take em around corners.
And
Not gonna get a car JUST cause its a toyota.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #60
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Speculation for the scooparu is a turbo (sti) version for next year. Also, the frs will be available in convertible for '14