Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

370z or FR-S

Old 04-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #121
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
I'd still go with a 135.
Ill consider one and look more into it tonight. Doubtful but il give it a chance.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #122
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #123
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Ew. Definitely no convertible top for me.
Not my style at all on any car.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #124
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 04-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #125
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Ew. Definitely no convertible top for me.
Not my style at all on any car.
Yea, definitely do not consider a convertible. They are terrible if you want a good handling car.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #126
North Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shed

North Star's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
Yea, definitely do not consider a convertible. They are terrible if you want a good handling car.
The S2000 begs to differ...
Old 04-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #127
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

They are good looking cars, just not any faster than a Z. I'll take the Z for the bang for buck and more options for upgrades.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #128
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled up next to an FRS at a stop light on my home from work last night.

1st one i've seen...............ummmm......yeah it is actually a badass lookin little car

I wouldn't mind having one
Old 04-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #129
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 2010 40th anniversary 370z...also had they pleasure of driving a GTM twin turbo 370. Incredible. Two different markets if you ask me. I spent $43k on mine.

Why not go C5?

370z>frs

Fast Intentions just came out with a bad ass TT set up, making great numbers.

My old Z

370zs also look better, come factory with RAYS eng wheels.

Check out the370z.com
Old 04-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #130
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the FR-S/BRZ platform was designed to be convertible from the start
Old 04-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #131
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
the FR-S/BRZ platform was designed to be convertible from the start
That may be so, but it is a known fact that convertibles do not handle as well, and weigh more due to the added extra support a car needs to maintain stability in corners.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #132
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Neither. FD RX-7 with an LSX T56.

Since you're "throwing" a turbo 5.3 in another car this swap should be a piece of cake.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #133
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Neither. FD RX-7 with an LSX T56.

Since you're "throwing" a turbo 5.3 in another car this swap should be a piece of cake.
Have you ever looked into engine swaps in Old Z cars? Theres room in the engine bay for freaking v12's. Literally to put the engine and trans in the car just require new engine mounts and a slight modification to the trans cross member.
The turbo will sit to the front passenger side of the engine and intercooler will go in bottom front of radiatior.
Then the standalone will be a matter of plugging in the wire harness and accessories.

Of course theres all the miscellaneous stuff like fuel pump, getting oil to turbo, custom drveshaft, gauges, etc but engine swaps in these cars are practically the easiest car to work with.

Got any other sarcastic remarks or off topic arguments then just PM me.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #134
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Have you ever looked into engine swaps in Old Z cars? Theres room in the engine bay for freaking v12's. Literally to put the engine and trans in the car just require new engine mounts and a slight modification to the trans cross member.
The turbo will sit to the front passenger side of the engine and intercooler will go in bottom front of radiatior.
Then the standalone will be a matter of plugging in the wire harness and accessories.

Of course theres all the miscellaneous stuff like fuel pump, getting oil to turbo, custom drveshaft, gauges, etc but engine swaps in these cars are practically the easiest car to work with.

Got any other sarcastic remarks or off topic arguments then just PM me.
lol calm down there turbo. Don't underestimate the amount of work it takes to complete a swap like that, fair warning.

To answer your original question. My vote goes to the 370Z. That exhaust note alone is enough to make me want one. Not to mention those stock wheels
If you lived in a mountainous area where you could use the handling of the FR-S then my vote would go the other way.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #135
DerpWerx Fab

Lol im calm. I just know that threads get derailed very easily cause then somone would come in and talk about the 5.3 andthen that leads to derp which leads to herp and etc lol.

I knows its gonna take a while to complete but thats why its my project car and not my DD or anything.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #136
Defend Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
They are good looking cars, just not any faster than a Z. I'll take the Z for the bang for buck and more options for upgrades.
.1 difference in 1/4 et. That's a driver difference.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #137
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
.1 difference in 1/4 et. That's a driver difference.

all of the numbers I saw were the same 0-60 and 1/4 mile, so it really comes down to the feel of the car and the driver.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #138
Defend Hawaii

Quote:
That may be so, but it is a known fact that convertibles do not handle as well, and weigh more due to the added extra support a car needs to maintain stability in corners.
Lotus and s2k ring any bell?
Old 04-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #139
Defend Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
all of the numbers I saw were the same 0-60 and 1/4 mile, so it really comes down to the feel of the car and the driver.
Minor mods on a 135 brings it to sub 12's easy.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #140
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Minor mods on a 135 brings it to sub 12's easy.
I have a hard time believing that minor mods will take a 300 hp car in the sub 12's. Maybe sub 13's but not below 12.