LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

370z or FR-S

Old 04-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #141
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
Lotus and s2k ring any bell?
The lotus has a support structure that stretches over the top of the car, so it
still maintains the strength of a coupe, so it is not a true convertible.

As far as the S2K, yes the coupe will be faster and handle better than the convertible.

They also make corvettes, lambos, vipers, and all kinds of cars as convertibles, but it is known fact they are slower than their coupe sibling.

Anyway, sorry to thread jack OP, back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #142
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
The lotus has a support structure that stretches over the top of the car, so it
still maintains the strength of a coupe, so it is not a true convertible.

As far as the S2K, yes the coupe will be faster and handle better than the convertible.

They also make corvettes, lambos, vipers, and all kinds of cars as convertibles, but it is known fact they are slower than their coupe sibling.

Anyway, sorry to thread jack OP, back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
There is no s2k coupe.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #143
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There is no s2k coupe.
I've seen hard top conversions that look clean as hell though..
Old 04-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #144
TexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud ofTexAggie has much to be proud of

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JUhLXvxlQR4
Old 04-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #145
81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold81shark is a splendid one to behold
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
if you are under 22, the FR-S might work. nice looking car, but it's got no balls. given those choices i'd defiantly go 370Z....
Old 04-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #146
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There is no s2k coupe.
You are missing my point.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #147
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
I have a hard time believing that minor mods will take a 300 hp car in the sub 12's. Maybe sub 13's but not below 12.
Look for stage 2 135i's on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOh-WwIlrmk
Old 04-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #148
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Look for stage 2 135i's on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOh-WwIlrmk

I'm not sure i would call that a minor upgrade at $3500, but that's a damn fast car. I would also like to see what the 370z is capable of when boosted.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #149
Defend Hawaii

Quote:
I'm not sure i would call that a minor upgrade at $3500, but that's a damn fast car. I would also like to see what the 370z is capable of when boosted.
That's just a stage 2 chip. Minor
Old 04-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #150
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's just a stage 2 chip. Minor
Minor or not that is a hell of an upgrade. about $20 per hp and that is CHEAP!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #151
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
My brother has a 370Z. I've only been in it once but all I could say was DAYUM when he hit the throttle. LOTS of power in a tiny vehicle. It costs, though. He paid $34k and it wasn't even the NISMO version. I think the 86/FR-S is in the $20k range?
Old 04-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #152
Defend Hawaii

Quote:
Minor or not that is a hell of an upgrade. about $20 per hp and that is CHEAP!
Can't do that to a 370z
Old 04-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #153
SteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityPickle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
SteelCityPickle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea, definitely do not consider a convertible. They are terrible if you want a good handling car.
No offense, but the Mazda Miata has been a superb handling convertible since 1989. Many have tried to keep up with them at auto crosses for years, few have succeeded. They dominate in nearly every class they race in.

The ToyBaru twins were designed to be convertibles from the get go, so your comment holds zero water.

Since the OP has no interest in a vert, Back on topic...

I still think you should drive the FR-S/BRZ and see for yourself.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #154
Defend Hawaii

Quote:
You are missing my point.
You're point makes no sense. You're saying a s2k coupe will out handle a s2k convertible. Where no such thing exist. Even if you use a miata as an argument. The handling difference between the convertible and the hardtop is minimal. Albeit the miata was designed as a convertible. Which is much the same as the 370z. It was designed as a convertible in mind. Unlike the 350z.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #155
North Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorth Star is one of the sharper tools in the shed

North Star's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're point makes no sense. You're saying a s2k coupe will out handle a s2k convertible. Where no such thing exist. Even if you use a miata as an argument. The handling difference between the convertible and the hardtop is minimal. Albeit the miata was designed as a convertible. Which is much the same as the 370z. It was designed as a convertible in mind. Unlike the 350z.
This was hilarious. Some people just don't know what they're talking about huh. "The S2000 coupe handles better than the convertible."
Old 04-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #156

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, you guys got me. You are correct there is no S2000 coupe. I was wrong there.

I will still stand by my belief, and if you talk to race car drivers, they will also agree, generally speaking, coupes are faster/ligther than convertibles.

It surprises me that folks think convertibles are faster.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #157
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok, you guys got me. You are correct there is no S2000 coupe. I was wrong there.

I will still stand by my belief, and if you talk to race car drivers, they will also agree, generally speaking, coupes are faster/ligther than convertibles.

It surprises me that folks think convertibles are faster.
I understand what youre saying. The structural stability helps keep the car from 'twisting' in hard corners and is also lighter.

Granted; some cars can handle amazingly while being convertible BUT in general terms, coupes handle better at autox than convert's.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:01 AM   #158
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Either way a coupe is more capable than a convertible 9 out of 10 times.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #159
TastyTaco will become famous soon enoughTastyTaco will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
TastyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I test drove the BRZ when it came out, I was like what a awesome looking car. Took it for a drive and it felt like I was driving a honda civic again, but with more torque.
Never had any experience with Nissan, I noticed how much their vehicles depreciate so I stay away form them.

The plus side for the BRZ is the gas mileage which helps when purchasing, I would wait until Subaru at leasts throw a turbo on it.

If you want a car that does it all go with a WRX Stage 2 w/cobb AP and a custom tune for performance and one for gas mileage. 300Awhp for less then 2k in mods. and still get at least 25mpg.
I've owend 27 cars in the past 5 years and the best bang for the buck is the wrx, they are not luxury cars but they will put a smile on your face when your foot goes to the floor. Plus you have AWD to put the power where it needs to be.

Just my .02 and personal experience.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #160
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyTaco View Post
I test drove the BRZ when it came out, I was like what a awesome looking car. Took it for a drive and it felt like I was driving a honda civic again, but with more torque.
Never had any experience with Nissan, I noticed how much their vehicles depreciate so I stay away form them.

The plus side for the BRZ is the gas mileage which helps when purchasing, I would wait until Subaru at leasts throw a turbo on it.

If you want a car that does it all go with a WRX Stage 2 w/cobb AP and a custom tune for performance and one for gas mileage. 300Awhp for less then 2k in mods. and still get at least 25mpg.
I've owend 27 cars in the past 5 years and the best bang for the buck is the wrx, they are not luxury cars but they will put a smile on your face when your foot goes to the floor. Plus you have AWD to put the power where it needs to be.

Just my .02 and personal experience.
And they sound incredible.