Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

370z or FR-S

Old 04-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #161
TastyTaco will become famous soon enoughTastyTaco will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
TastyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
And they sound incredible.
Yes, that is another reason to own one their own unique exhaust note. I do not usually like loud cars but the boxer rumble is unlike anything else, especially with a 3" catless turbo back exhaust and some aftermarket UEL headers (un-equal length)

You can also tow with this car as well with ease, I had a 4x6 trailer and a YFZ450 ATV I would tow behind it.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #162
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
I personally would get an STI because of the stronger transmission.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #163
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
No AWD.

Sorry guys just personal preference. Im not gonna get a car i dont trully love and i dont love AWD. I love RWD
Old 04-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #164
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
No AWD.

Sorry guys just personal preference. Im not gonna get a car i dont trully love and i dont love AWD. I love RWD
x2 I agree with you 100%. AWD may handle better than RWD but I will for sure have more fun in RWD no doubt.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #165
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
x2 I agree with you 100%. AWD may handle better than RWD but I will for sure have more fun in RWD no doubt.
Exactly. AWD is more perfomance. RWD is more fun. And 9 times out of 10, a RWD ,with proper tires and suspension and a good driver mod, can keep up with an AWD around the corners.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #166
They call me Greekbro

Quote:
Exactly. AWD is more perfomance. RWD is more fun. And 9 times out of 10, a RWD ,with proper tires and suspension and a good driver mod, can keep up with an AWD around the corners.
Agreed. It really does depend on the car though. An M3 will keep up with an STI if not be faster
Old 04-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #167
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Agreed. It really does depend on the car though. An M3 will keep up with an STI if not be faster
Yep and lets all be honest, burnouts are fun lol.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #168
TastyTaco will become famous soon enoughTastyTaco will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I personally would get an STI because of the stronger transmission.
STi tranny is bullet proof up to about 500awhp if you plan on going that far with mods or builds, wrx tops out at 300awhp

Quote:
No AWD.

Ok, everyone has their personal preference but don't knock it unless you've tried it. The wrx is 40/60 when the wheels break loose and the STI has an adjustable DCCD.
I can kick out the rear just as easy with AWD opposed to RWD, except I have more control with AWD.

But in the end know matter what people say or recommend you will pick what fits you the best. You already know which car you want in the back of your head lol
Old 04-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #169
Quote:
New Base WRX Price: 25K
New Base M3 Price : 60k

Not the best bang for the buck lol, If you want a RWD fun car check out the BMW 135i bi turbo-I6 or the 1M
Old 04-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #170
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyTaco View Post

Ok, everyone has their personal preference but don't knock it unless you've tried it.
But in the end know matter what people say or recommend you will pick what fits you the best. You already know which car you want in the back of your head lol
Ive driven my friends 350awhp evo, other friends 2012 wrx, and another friend just got a 2012 lancer ralliart.
All are boosted AWD and i just dont love it.

So i have tried it. Which is why i know i wouldnt want one of my own. Im not the closed minded type that refuses to consider new things. I just know from personal experience that AWD isnt my cup of tea.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #171
DerpWerx Fab

Hell, i forgot i even drove a couple GTR's. The torque AWD pushes and makes you sit in your seat is awesome. But i just love how ass happy RWD is plus theres less drag when racing and less drag= faster.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #172
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Go test drive em, problem solved!

My guess is you will be more happy with the 370z depending on what model you get. Def go for the Sport model, at least.

Depreciation and usability is a big factor in low used prices, you can score a smoking deal on a babied Z. Most people just dont have money for a 2 seater with no trunk.
I sold my 40th Anniversary for $29k, 14k miles, 1 of 1000 limited edition. Paid $43k for it.

I got rid of it because I never drove it,was tired of driving my beater Civic everyday and I wanted a truck. I should have just drove the thing every day but I couldn't do it!!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #173
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Not the best bang for the buck lol, If you want a RWD fun car check out the BMW 135i bi turbo-I6 or the 1M
I keep saying 135
Old 04-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #174
Check out this car, if you do not buy one new you can pick one up a couple years old for about 25k
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...isCoupeRD.aspx
Old 04-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #175
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
I keep saying 135
I did not read all the post before except the first page lol. But yes the 135i is an awesome car. I test drove one and the salesman said to do what I wanted. Turned of traction and foot to the floor on the on-ramp. Put two fat strips to the ground.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #176
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUhLXvxlQR4
Old 04-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #177
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
Ok, you guys got me. You are correct there is no S2000 coupe. I was wrong there.

I will still stand by my belief, and if you talk to race car drivers, they will also agree, generally speaking, coupes are faster/ligther than convertibles.

It surprises me that folks think convertibles are faster.
No one ever said that convertibles were faster. We were merely pointing out the fact that they are as capable as coupes.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #178
They call me Greekbro

I like both the FRS and 370z. For my budget (that I dont even have) I would get the FRS, but say I was older and successful I would get the 370z. Depends on how much you have to spend.

Starting Prices:
FRS- about 25k
370z- 33k and that is only the basic
Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #179
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Then I'd have to pull over and get out if I want to fart though .
Old 04-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #180
Time Traveler
MartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMartyMcfly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ROB
MartyMcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I have always liked the Z cars... that's where my vote goes
Quote:
Same here. I have a '74 260z which would look cool next to a 2012 370z...
Then again a 2011 taco would look cool next to an 86/FR-S.

Did you decide yet?
If you liked the '74 Z and are looking for that similar feel (I've owned one too), then you should go with the FR-S.
I just bought the FR-S and I absolutely love it! I also own an EVO IX with over 400hp now and I have to admit, even with half the power, the FR-S is the more enjoyable car to drive.

Unfortunately, when you test drive the FR-S there usually aren't any mountain roads near by to test on. I bought the car on faith, then drove it on the intense mountain roads where I live, it's amazing. It handles like a go-kart.
The new Z is not a Z. It's gotten too fat over the years. The FR-S is more like a Z than the Z.

So, if you want the most fun car to drive, i'd get the FR-S, if you want a grown up touring car with an upscale feel, then get the 370z