Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

370z or FR-S

Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
370z or FR-S

So plan is to have my truck paid off within a year and would like to pick up another vehicle.
Reason i want a diff one is because i miss the luxuries and refinements offered by modern vehicles that my base model taco is lacking lol.
Not sellingthe taco cause, well i love it.

So i have a few vehicles that im interested in and to knock out a couple choices i wanna get yalls opinion on 2.

If you could pick a car thats fun to drive, has power, enjoys mods, take girlfriend out on date approved, and would feel comfortable driving cross country in, which one would you pick? 2012 370z with the 6spd manual, or 2012 FR-S?

Not pulling the trigger on one anytime soon but opinions and advice is always nice.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
370z.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
man, that's a tough one. I've always liked the 370z's though. They are one sexy car, especially the Nismo edition.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Also with 370z. More power than the FR-S has less of that "boy racer" look IMO. ALso has more power, very nice aftermarket scene for the 370z. I am sure the FR-s has a following also. Do you care about gas mileage or back seats? Interior is lack luster in both of those cars again IMO.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Also look at the Subaru BRZ, since you can get the upgraded interior and a few other things. Check out www.ft86club.com for a good forum
Old 04-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
Also with 370z. More power than the FR-S has less of that "boy racer" look IMO. ALso has more power, very nice aftermarket scene for the 370z. I am sure the FR-s has a following also. Do you care about gas mileage or back seats? Interior is lack luster in both of those cars again IMO.
Nah no need for back seats. All my vehicles ive ever owned have been 2 seateds so im used to it lol.

Gas mileage is eh since id DD the taco and use the car for friday-sunday to take a girl out on dates, drive long distances, car shows, etc.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Z
Old 04-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Partial to the FR-S....

What's the freakin boy racer shit?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #10
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
You won't get a better handling car hand's down then the FR-S, and power to weight ratio is where its at with the FR-S.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #11
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I have always liked the Z cars... that's where my vote goes

Same here. I have a '74 260z which would look cool next to a 2012 370z...
Then again a 2011 taco would look cool next to an 86/FR-S.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
You won't get a better handling car hand's down then the FR-S.
But how fast are they? It would be drove straight more than sideways. If i feel like going sideways, when it rains il just bring out the taco. Lol
Old 04-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #15

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
But how fast are they? It would be drove straight more than sideways. If i feel like going sideways, when it rains il just bring out the taco. Lol
It's not a drag car if that's what you're asking lol. The power with the FR-S is above 2000 RPM, and its pretty dang fast.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #16
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ MacReady View Post
Evo IX or X.

don't bother with either the Z or FR-S
Dont care for AWD.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #17
DerpWerx Fab

This thread needs a poll lol. If only i knew how to do that while using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #18

Law Enforcement:
Btw I wonder who on here owns a 370Z or FR-S...

Are the votes cast purely on speculation or personal experiences? I own a 2013 FR-S, and I wouldn't choose a different car.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #19
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Don't go z. Had a 350 and it was heavy and overpriced. Go frs over z. Lots of better options than the z on the market now. Just my .02.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #20
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Btw I wonder who on here owns a 370Z or FR-S...

Are the votes cast purely on speculation or personal experiences? I own a 2013 FR-S, and I wouldn't choose a different car.
Eh was hoping people would have personal experience with them but its not THAT important.
This is just a curiousity thread. I wouldnt be getting either till next year anyway and by then more faults may have been found in either car so my decision might change also.

Id mostly be driving straight and not autox-ing it(not many mountains/curvy roads in houston anyway) so im leaning towards the 370