Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

can somone make me a nice resume

Old 04-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
can somone make me a nice resume

figure better off posting this in here then the job section which is dead.

i potentially have a career opportunity with Mercedes Benz, and although im keen on moving away from my friends and family, im at risk of losing my current job because we just got bought out and their laying off almost everyone, and if i can jump from 24k a year to 40k i will in a heartbeat even if its moving for a few years until i could possibly get transferred down here.

this is where I need help because i am horrible at typing up resumes, my current one is out of date and ive tried using those online ones where you chat with someone but their complete idiots so if someone is willing to assist me i would be extremely grateful and appreciative.

thanks.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
The less white space, the better. Make the main points bold so they stand out. Put your name big at the top centered. List education first, then professional experience, then all other odd jobs or certifications at the bottom.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
mak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mak90's Tacoma Gallery
pm sent
Old 04-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
i would disagree... more white space, the better. makes it easier for the employer to scan and understand the important information. list relevant experience first unless you don't have any direct experience, in which case, list education first, then work experience. at the bottom, list certifications, honors, awards, references.

include a cover letter tailored to each specific job, of course.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i appreciate the concern and the advice, and i replied to your pm mak,

i can present myself really well in an interview, but when it comes to writing, anything, i screw it up. i just dont know how to make stuff make sense on paper, thats why im hoping one of my fellow lovely TW members can do it FOR me out of the kindness of their heart
Old 04-17-2013, 03:18 AM   #6
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
A manager once told me that when he looks at resumes if they are real long he doesn't even read them. I guess short and to the point.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:50 AM   #7
Hulley is on a distinguished road
Hulley's Tacoma Gallery
My wife is a manager at a major medical hospital, she says resumes that are short and sweet are the best. Pretty much what davidpick posted. Just enough to get their attention, interviews are for details.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
"can someone make me a nice resume"?

...No, you're going to have to "make" your own resume, ...and "earn" your own way ...and this attitude is why i have absolutely no fear of competition for my job in the workforce coming from today's yoof...
Old 04-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post

...No, you're going to have to "make" your own resume, ...and "earn" your own way ...and this attitude is why i have absolutely no fear of competition for my job in the workforce coming from today's yoof...
Chill dude - nothing wrong with getting help or a resume professionally done. Not everyone is good at creating them - myself included
Old 04-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #10
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
x2

I don't see a problem here. Best of luck with the Job hunt and resume.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #11
top flight security
Quote:

thanks for the help bro
Old 04-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #12
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
RiverBoyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
pm me your email and i will email you my resume so you can see a set-up that has yet to fail me
Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #13
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i googled and found a place that let me type one for free and charged for the final product, then i took it to staples and got it printed on nice but formal paper.

make your self stand out but dont write a story, if they wanna learn more they can ask it in the interview or later, I always gave my resumes at the begining of an interview and shook every interviewers hand and introduced myself, also dress sharp no matter what
Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #14
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

lol better watch out old man

Anyway, OP. I think you need to look at a bunch of example resumes and go from there. List only relevant job experience if possible and keep it to one page. Make sure you tailor it to the job opening by listing qualifications that are pertinent to it.