1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cut My Losses on Nintendo DS Lite?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by YouNext, Apr 22, 2013.

?

What would you do about the DS Lite?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2013.
  1. Fork over the $80 and pick up the DS.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Forget it, the shop can keep it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Apr 22, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    YouNext

YouNext [OP] General Calamari

Member:
    San Diego
    K&N FIPK, Gibson Exhaust, Doug Thorley Headers, URD pulley, Stoptech Cryo-treated Slotted Rotors, Deaver J59, Bilstein 5150s, Total Chaos LT (w/Spindle & Tower Gussets), Icon LT C/Os.
    I'm in a small predicament. In my search for a used Nintendo DS for my nephew I come across this killer deal on Craigslist: A used Nintendo DS Lite for $40. Too good to be true, yes, but my better judgement escaped me. I scoop up the DS Lite and hand it over to my nephew. But something is wrong. It's broken. It won't recognize his games. :frusty:

While I feel like a douche for giving him a shitty system, I let him borrow my PSP. Now I tried taking the DS Lite to a repair shop. At first they quoted me for $40 repair. After it's all said and done they're saying it's $80.

Now, from a shitty situation from craigslist I was willing to pay a $40 repair because in addition to the $40 purchase that's $80 for a used DS Lite. A fair deal, but not great. Should I fork over $80 for the repair that's $120. On top of that my nephew seems to be pretty stout with my PSP (which will probably be his).

I'm pretty tempted just to say fuck it. I'll take a $40 loss over a $120 loss. Less I don't even need the DS Lite anymore. What would you do?

2. Apr 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Just give him the psp. A phone is a better gaming device anyway.

Products Discussed in

To Top