Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone here not drink alcohol?

Old 04-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #41
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
X2 on the kids thing... We have some friends that have kids, I hate hanging out with them... Don't tell the wife!
When i drank i didnt like kids either, now i have to wonderful step children that i love. Although they make me want drink sometimes. Alot!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #43
victorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nice
Name: Victor
victorramse3's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the advice!

I think it all comes down to me having to put in a greater effort into getting over my anti-social tendencies. Which is the hard part haha.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #44
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorramse3 View Post
Thanks for all the advice!

I think it all comes down to me having to put in a greater effort into getting over my anti-social tendencies. Which is the hard part haha.
Definitely this. My best friend doesn't drink, but loves to sing karaoke and that could mean going to bars a minimum of twice a week. I notice a lot of people not drinking when it involves something like that and besides the random person asking if I drink because they want to buy not me something, no one cares who's drinking or not.

Usually, if I want to be left alone when we're out, get the channel changed to whatever sport you like and yell at your sucky team. That way, the only people talking to you actually have something in common.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #45
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I'll have an occasional beer or 2. some foods go well with beer. never was a liquor drinker. and never drink to get drunk.

I get a kick out of the wine nuts...they take that stuff seriously. personally, the vino gives me headache & heartburn.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #46
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I don't drink and I am also an introvert, so I am not very social, especially in big groups. However, I am usually able to find someone to talk to if I have to be at a gathering like that. Usually I hang out with my friends or family who don't drink much either, so it is never really a problem.
Most important: if you don't want to drink, don't give in to peer pressure.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #47
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
If i didnt drink id probably go insane...
Old 04-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #49
FFTacoma is on a distinguished road
FFTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Kudos to you guys that see the problem in drinking and driving. I have worked, for many years, in emergency services and law enforcement. I have seen a lot of tragedy on the roads from intoxicated drivers. It is just so senseless. Always do the designated driver thing.....you won't regret it. I hardly ever drink (ie., maybe a 6 pack a year). Nothing against the folks that drink and don't drive. I have just lost the desire to drink over the years.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #50
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, gave up drinking nearly 11 years ago. I also go to a bar at least once a week since I play in a dart league. I just order a soda or water..if someone asks what I want to drink I just ask for a soda.

I have a couple of big drinkers on my team..one who I used to carpool with but stopped, just got tired of him being blooddrunk and blabbing or messing with my truck.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #51
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
A single drink, just to make appearances, then water the rest of the night.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #52
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 54 years old tomorrow and have NEVER tasted booze. I am no worse off for that. I'm actually proud of that record.

In high school I chauffeured my friends to parties but required that I drive their cars so they would throw up in their own vehicles. I have learned a lot watching people that drink and it would offend many what I would say so ill keep it to myself.

Two of my "drunk" buddies have gone through divorce and 1 checked into rehab. I've had to fire multiple people because of drinking issues affecting their work. I'm not saying drinking is bad in itself. If you do drink be responsible to yourself, your spouse/partner, your children, and society. Life is rarely as fun as a beer commercial.

I'm sorry if I offended someone. That's not my intent.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #53
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by knayrb View Post
I'm 54 years old tomorrow and have NEVER tasted booze. I am no worse off for that. I'm actually proud of that record.

In high school I chauffeured my friends to parties but required that I drive their cars so they would throw up in their own vehicles. I have learned a lot watching people that drink and it would offend many what I would say so ill keep it to myself.

Two of my "drunk" buddies have gone through divorce and 1 checked into rehab. I've had to fire multiple people because of drinking issues affecting their work. I'm not saying drinking is bad in itself. If you do drink be responsible to yourself, your spouse/partner, your children, and society. Life is rarely as fun as a beer commercial.

I'm sorry if I offended someone. That's not my intent.
That is impressive and dumbfounding at the same time. Never? Apparently Orange Juice contains 1-3 % alcohol from natural fermentation even after pasteurization. No juice for you. But congrats. That's dedication.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #54
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
After drinking for a while, I've found that I could live life without booze. I'll have a beer or 2 since I like the taste, but everything else isn't worth it.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #56
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.

Just watched Coffee and Cigarettes. It's mister Bill Murray. Oh yeah, and beer.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #57
This space intentionally left blank.
Boring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Discharged honorably many years ago.
Boring's Tacoma Gallery
I don't drink either. I tried beer and wine coolers in high school. Nothing made me WANT to drink. Seeing drunk people puking and making fools out of themselves convinced me that it was bad idea. The idea that it is "killing" precious few brain cells should make most people want to cut back. Eat your vitamins at least.
http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publicatio...-2/134-142.htm

Social awkwardness and psychological reasons should be a separate issue.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #58
Me mber
chris5255 is on a distinguished road

chris5255's Tacoma Gallery
I have never drunk but am in business and social situations regularly with people who are drinking. I usually opt for cranberry juice. As far as the social part I try and find someone who has the same interests(trucks and the outdoors) and hang with them. I don't even try to interact with lots of people and be a social butterfly.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #59
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
For me, it was watching my friend who go shit faced, vomited, spending the rest of the night on the toilet, and the obnoxious drunk A-holes which really pushed me off drinking alcohol in general. Why would I partake in such activities that lead to that behavior...

Granted, there are some damn good tasting whiskey's and beer's out there. It's the foodie in me...
Old 04-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #60
Fire Pony
Ice Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shedIce Horse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lauren
Ice Horse's Tacoma Gallery
I'm the same way. I never really drank before 21 even when offered. I've slowly acquired a bit of a taste of it but I still don't drink much. I have some Mikes I brought to a BBQ a few weeks ago, drank one there, and it's been in my fridge since haha. I've been told I don't party enough...which is kind of silly to me. I'll drink a little socially but not much. Not everyone goes out and parties everyday...I actually like to save some money lol. I also understand the antisocial aspect. I was that way, and maybe am a little still, but I've been learning to not give a crap what other people think of me. Plus the sight/thought of vomiting and getting shit face drunk is not appealing to me.

I've never gotten to that point as I've found my vision and balance goes before anything else. I was wearing some pretty big heels and didn't want to end up on the floor of a nightclub lol