Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone here not drink alcohol?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
victorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nice
Name: Victor
victorramse3's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone here not drink alcohol?

Reason I ask is I have a hard time fitting in places as it is (very anti-social, anti-BS, anti-Stupid people) and I see most people socialize around their favorite alcoholic beverage (beer usually) because it loosens them up. I've tried hanging around friends and co-workers when socialization events come up but it is just weird being the only one drinking water or something non-alcoholic.

Any tips on getting around this?
Old 04-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I don't drink, when I'm done drinking.

In all seriousness, I know a few recovering alcoholics that I hang with, we usually play poker and BS a lot, it's all good. Just drink a gin and tonic.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorramse3 View Post
Reason I ask is I have a hard time fitting in places as it is (very anti-social, anti-BS, anti-Stupid people) and I see most people socialize around their favorite alcoholic beverage (beer usually) because it loosens them up. I've tried hanging around friends and co-workers when socialization events come up but it is just weird being the only one drinking water or something non-alcoholic.

Any tips on getting around this?
i will have one or two on occaision, but dont really ever get drunk. my advice is to just find a beer you like and have one... alot of places brew their own root beer too, which i usually drink
Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
I am a drinker. But if there is any situation where I have to drive, no alcohol is consumed. I used to be more "carefree" in that sense, but after being thrown in jail for DUI, all of that changed. Probably the best thing that ever happened to me. To sort of address your question, when I'm around people that are drinking and I'm not I don't really feel too awkward. I am also not an extremely social person. If the surrounding people suck, I leave. If you don't want to drink don't. Try not to let them make you feel awkward.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I quit a few years ago. Haven't had a single drink since.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Alcohol or no alcohol, you aren't going to fit in at a social hanging if you're anti-social.
Work on the anti-social part. Nobody cares what you drink.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #9
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
I don't. I don't mind hanging around people who do as long as they don't go to far. Most of the time I'm hanging around people for the first time I usually get a lot of questions about it but it doesn't bother me as long as they don't try and push it on me.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
victorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
i will have one or two on occaision, but dont really ever get drunk. my advice is to just find a beer you like and have one... alot of places brew their own root beer too, which i usually drink
I love root beer that's for sure!

As for the beer or any alcohol for that matter. I grew up around a lot of alcoholics and I saw some very bad things that were a result of alcohol abuse.

I come from a long history of close and distant relatives that have battled the issue of alcohol addiction and I know that I have an addictive personality so I stay away from any and all alcohol at all costs.

So I won't try any beer. I may have to start looking for any micro breweries that brew their own root beer. That sounds enticing!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #11
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i quit drinking. for about 2-3 years. i had to. doc orders.

anyways, i am healthy again and CAN drink. i bet i've had less than 10 wine or beer drinks in the last 12 months. do i miss it? YES!! i love wine and beer. i consider it "food".

well, when i was on the wagon, i think my friends had a more difficult time adjusting to my run. slowly but surely, they quit offering me booze. i would get handed a bottle of water when the beer went around.

i still had the best time with my friends. they ended up LOVING the automatic driver in the group.

just be open to them acting more foolish occasionally..have fun. booze doesnt make the event. good people do.

me, i will continue my minimalist attitude towards booze. frankly ordering a non alcoholic beer generates more jokes from my friends than a diet coke.

odouls amber is the best non alch beer..trust me on this one.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
that's an understandable reason not to drink, you shouldnt do it just to fit in if you're that against it

if your friends have a problem with that, get new friends
Old 04-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #13
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Alcohol or no alcohol, you aren't going to fit in at a social hanging if you're anti-social.
THIS. i’m a drinking but i don’t care what someone is drinking i’ll usually talk to them at parties and stuff.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Just be the sober one and charge people for rides home. You'll be shocked how much a drunk person will pay to sleep in their own bed sometimes.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #15
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
hey man, when we're out drinking and someone doesn't drink, they're cool in my book... and a great DD
Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
I strongly agree with this and I am working very hard to get myself more socialy "versed", but I see that others with the same anti-social tendencies as myself become more relaxed in social situations where there's alcohol. Alcohol "loosens" them up enough to have some fun. Just wondering if anyone had any tips.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #17
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
that's an understandable reason not to drink, you shouldnt do it just to fit in if you're that against it

if your friends have a problem with that, get new friends
x2. I drink but not much.hardly ever get drunk. Usually most i will ever have in one night is 3.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #18
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I hope no one gets butthurt like usual about it anyone being healthy but I'm simply throwing it out there that we all put only the best parts and fluids in our trucks and yet don't take care of our personal health most of the time. I would encourage anyone to look into what is not only tasty but also what may be more healthy. No one likes triple bypass heart surgery, diabetes or cancer but everyone loves sugar and fats etc . . .

Off my "high horse". I hope no one thinks I'm playing high and mighty and judgmental for advising healthy living.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #19
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
I dont drink either but if there going to be retarded about it and ask me to drink. Theres other tables around to sit maybe you even get lucky
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #20
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorramse3 View Post
I strongly agree with this and I am working very hard to get myself more socialy "versed", but I see that others with the same anti-social tendencies as myself become more relaxed in social situations where there's alcohol. Alcohol "loosens" them up enough to have some fun. Just wondering if anyone had any tips.