LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

anyone know anything about teeth bonding

Old 04-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know anything about teeth bonding

Ive called 5 diff dentist and eachone says i need to come in for a consultation and i have is one question

Can you(i) get my two front teeth bonded (small gap) while having a cavity in the back of my mouth.

I plan on having the cavity done asap but the gap is an insecurity and has been bothering me for the past 3 years or so and now its really getting to me and i want it filled asap
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't know you could go to a dentist to get your gap filled.

All jokes aside, I would assume you could find a dentist somewhere to overlook the cavity and address a cosmetic concern. Maybe just keep searching?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see where the cosmetic would interfere with the cavity. They shouldn't make you do one just to do the other, in the end money is money albeit a little less. Get the consult, TW doesn't always have all the answers
Old 04-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #4
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
I'll check with my wife when she gets home, if you don't have an answer by then.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
I don't see where the cosmetic would interfere with the cavity. They shouldn't make you do one just to do the other, in the end money is money albeit a little less. Get the consult, TW doesn't always have all the answers
I dont want to take time off work just to talk to them when they can answer me on the phone they just want to find a way to get me in there to take my $
Old 04-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
I think the issue with the consult might be more so they know that they CAN do the job and do it correctly, you could leave the cavity out of the whole equation in my opinion. It's like calling a body shop for a quote to fix a ding, they need to see the damage to tell you whether they can do it or not.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #7
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for just getting back with you. Talked with my wife, they are 100% completely different procedures and as long as they are on different teeth would have no affect on the other.

That being said, they will want to fix all of your problems, not just for the money. You can have the eval. done and decline the procedures you don't want, but as Nirvana said, they want to be able to assess the situation.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #8
top flight security
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Sorry for just getting back with you. Talked with my wife, they are 100% completely different procedures and as long as they are on different teeth would have no affect on the other.

That being said, they will want to fix all of your problems, not just for the money. You can have the eval. done and decline the procedures you don't want, but as Nirvana said, they want to be able to assess the situation.
thank you.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
sstauffer7 is on a distinguished road
sstauffer7's Tacoma Gallery
Yes exactly what has been posted. Dentists are supposed to tell you their diagnosis an provide you with the best oral health care they can.. Which is why he or she will tell you that the cavity should be filled. But you can deny treatment and get your front teeth bonded.. I had that done with my four front uppers and was very pleased.

(My wife is a hygienist and I'm starting dental school on July.)
Good luck!
Old 05-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #10
Damn dirty Swede
EricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricTheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric Sven
EricTheRed's Tacoma Gallery
Not to be an insensitive douchenozzle (I have a bit of a gap in my front teeth too...even after braces), but I immediately thought of this: