Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Girlfriend wants a jeep wrangler..

Old 04-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Girlfriend wants a jeep wrangler..

I honestly think they are pretty sweet. I would rather get an old jeep and wheel in that, instead of my truck. I like the short wheel base, and the stance. She wants an older lifted wrangler. Like early 2000's or older. Can't afford anything super nice.

What do I say? She doesn't want a truck at all, and she is tired of her honda passport. She wants to be able to take the top off in the summer and roll in that.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I'd let her take her top off all year round.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
I say fj40
Old 04-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
An FJ40 isn't practical as a daily driver. It's not like a YJ, TJ or JK where parts are everywhere.

I'd tell her go for it. I'm not huge on Chrysler reliability, but the Wrangler is a fun suv and an extremely capable 4x4. I'd love to have a YJ or TJ as well as my Taco.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
What comes around....goes around (in terms of wants/needs).

Personally - I'd stick with a TJ (97- 2006) and get the latest model you can afford. Shit-tons of aftermarket goodies, replacement parts, and information online.

They're fun as hell.....
Old 04-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
An FJ40 isn't practical as a daily driver. It's not like a YJ, TJ or JK where parts are everywhere.

I'd tell her go for it. I'm not huge on Chrysler reliability, but the Wrangler is a fun suv and an extremely capable 4x4. I'd love to have a YJ or TJ as well as my Taco.
Same here. If I had the cash I would have bought one for myself a long time ago. I figured if shes getting one I'll just drive hers
Old 04-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1997 (first year of the 4 link suspension) thing is awesome, so far no problems, and I cut all the suspension off and have 12" dual rate coilovers and hydro bumps at all 4 corners.

IMO it doenst handle really well on the road, but its a Jeep so....but in the dirt the think absolutely kiks ass.

Also keep in mind the mileage sucks! I get about 14mpg and have 33" tires, so factor that in as well. My .02