1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Friends as Roommates

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by FlawedXJ, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Feb 19, 2009 at 2:41 AM
    nurseboy

nurseboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jan
    Riverside, Ca

i totally agree with this. People change, some for the good and some not. I had friends that I thought were going to be there forever, but college hit and people go their seperate ways. Then again, got good friends in college, then real life and careers hit, then people go seperate ways again. People come and go in your life. Letting him go because of financial reasons will probably be the smartest thing for you to do and learn from.

2. Feb 19, 2009 at 5:36 AM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    ^^^What he said.. Think of it this way. He might wise up and take some responsibility after he realizes he has wronged a very good friend. Once people hit rock bottom in life they can either stay there or go up.. :cool:

3. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:07 AM
    WildcatRider

WildcatRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lexington, KY
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC TRD-OR 4x4 SOLD
    With no lease and him not paying rent, what you have on your hands is criminal trespass. If he won't leave and you want legal backing, that is it. If you tell him to leave and he remains in your house thats pretty much the clear definition of misdemeanor criminal trespass. If he is breaking your stuff as well, it could be a felony, but most states have a minimum $$$ value for the broken items to reach that threshold.

4. Feb 19, 2009 at 10:32 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    bad idea, alcohol amplifies everything you want to say and makes you say things you dont want to say. I live with one of my best friends. its his house and i dont have a lease. we just have an agreement. he wants plenty of notice before i move out, and if i dont have money for rent, i dont live there. He's pretty cool so if i did lose my job i think he'd give me some leeway(sp) but he doesn't have to and i wouldn't expect him to. If i were you i would wait until the first to ask for rent money. if he doesn't have it, i would give him till the end of the month to move out. borders are required to give at least two weeks notice before eviction (at least in sc). the biggest thing to worry about is him taking your stuff. lock up what you can and make sure you "rig" your door with a hair, or toothpick, or scotch tape or something along those lines so you can tell if anyone has opened it. if it has been opened, then you know to look around for missing stuff. but honestly, the fact taht you are worrying about him taking your stuff does not really indicate that he is a good friend.

sometimes people change when they go through rough times. sometimes its temporary, sometimes its permanent. either way, right now he is not being the friend to you that he was in the past. i have never understood why people hang onto relationships or friends that use to be great but are now miserable. i'm not a sentimental person so i dont have a problem distancing myself from people that are no longer beneficial to have in my life. he may have been a great friend in the past but based on how you are describing him now he is a douche. Nothing wrong with "unfriending" a douche. even if he was cool at one point he's not anymore.

5. Feb 19, 2009 at 10:37 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    exactly. you shouldn't be the only one trying to maintain a friendship. if he is a friend worth having he'll be cool about it. if he's not cool about it, you're better off without him draggin you down

exactly. here in SC if you have someone living with you (lease or no lease, significant other, whatever) you can't just kick them out. you have to give them time to vacate. that time is different from state to state but ALL states require notice of eviction, regardless of the presence of a lease. for example, a dude cheats on his gf and she throw his shit out that night. thats illegal, even if the house is hers

6. Feb 19, 2009 at 1:32 PM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    Get him drunk, take his keys, and leave his ass on the curb?

Ok that might piss him off pretty bad. Just ask for the keys. It is YOUR place afterall.

7. Feb 19, 2009 at 4:12 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    If it's your house, I don't think he has any rights. A lease is designed to protect the leasee as well as the leasor.

8. Feb 19, 2009 at 4:13 PM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ [OP] mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.

that's kind of what I'm thinking. Sure would be nice to just say...you haven't paid, legally, bye bye.

9. Feb 19, 2009 at 4:13 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    That's the way it is in Florida. Asked a cop who told me "tell him to get out".

10. Feb 19, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    A friend of mine has a good rule of thumb. She's been plagued by bad one-sided friendships and finally got tired of it all. Her new rule is "If it's getting on my nerves, it's getting out of my life."

Products Discussed in

To Top