LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Need some advice on possible malicious facebook message

Old 04-29-2013, 07:10 AM   #1
I'd rather be fishing..
SWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: james
SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Need some advice on possible malicious facebook message

Hello Dear Friend,
I am a senior Accountant in my Bank and Accounting officer to Late xxxxx and who was a contractor with the Government of BENIN. On The 21st of April 2009, my client's, his wife and their two children were involved in an auto-crash along the ever busy Tokpa High Way. All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost their lives. Since then,the Board of Directors of my Bank have made several enquires to their embassy to locate any of my client's extended relations but to no avail.
I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the money and Property left behind by my client before they get Confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this Huge deposits of US$15MILLION was lodged
The Bank has published several Notice for the Next of Kin of the deceased to apply for collection of this Funds or have the account confiscated within a shot Period of time.
Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over 3years now hence I contacted you. I seek your consent to present you as the Next of kin of the deceased because you bear the same surname with my late client,which is a great advantage to reparate his money before they get confiscated by our government so that the proceeds of this Account valued at US$15 million dollars can be paid to you and Then you and me can share the money,50% to me and 50% to you.
Please get in touch with my emailxxxxx and send to me your Telephone, Residential Address,and Email address to enable us further about this Transaction
Best regards
Mr xxxxx
I replied asking for contact number for him and a place of employment, he responded with a phone number ect. Im not completely naive but being armenian there are not to many left since the turk genocide. ( I dont plan on giving any personal info ss#, address, ect.)
Old 04-29-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
RiverBoyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Technically they can't say how much money is there IIRC. And email like that through Facebook.....sketch
Old 04-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
This is oddly going down the same path as a lot of west African scams, wording and body of whats being offered and asked are near the same, typically this sorts of Financial interests are associated by paperwork and not a contact thru a social media.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #4
I'd rather be fishing..
SWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
very true i guess i could call through a pay phone
but i have never had someone messsage like this and responed back with contact info
Old 04-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Tell him US$14 million for you, $1 million for him
Old 04-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
I'd rather be fishing..

SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
hahahah yea hell i would take 20 grand to pay off the taco lol

What can a hacker do with a phone number anyway?
Old 04-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #7
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
A hacker can do a lot with a little. Hack into your phone bill, make calls under your number, spam people as your number.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #8
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCB View Post
hahahah yea hell i would take 20 grand to pay off the taco lol

What can a hacker do with a phone number anyway?
are you serious ? How would you like a $20,000 phone bill as half
of Haiti uses your account to contact relatives ?

you should ask: what can a hacker do with all my posts
I put up on TacomaWorld since joining ?

lets see....a lot !

If I put in 1/2 days effort, from the comfort of my internet connection
and 25 bucks, I could ship you a box with a recent photograph of you inside.

----I do not have the time nor energy to do something like this, but plenty of goons do.---

there is NOTHING 100% secure on the internet. You have to know this.

I don't personally post much on the web, but for sure I have left so many
breadcrumbs it would be impossible to NOT find me. The situation is such that
if I am messed with too badly, I know how to track anyone down, or get the
ball rolling in that direction... but I cannot prevent a crime, I can only guarantee
solid followup on my side. The other thing I can guarantee is no one will ever
**** **** **** **** masquerading as myself. That is on lockdown.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #9
I'd rather be fishing..

SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
A hacker can do a lot with a little. Hack into your phone bill, make calls under your number, spam people as your number.
dang didnt really know that one
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
are you serious ?

you should ask: what can a hacker do with all my posts
I put up on TacomaWorld since joining ?

lets see....a lot !

If I put in 1/2 days effort, from the comfort of my internet connection
and 25 bucks, I could ship you a box with a recent photograph of you inside.

----I do not have the time nor energy to do someting like this, but
plenty of goons do.---

there is NOTHING 100% secure on the internet. You have to know this.
Well I guess ant nothing safe on this series of tubes
Old 04-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #11
I'd rather be fishing..

SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Tubes? What is this, the 1940's?

Glass cables AKA Fiber optics man!
hahahahhahaha just messing those fiber optics are expensive cut one digging with a hoe one time boss man wasnt to happy
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #12
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hahahahhahaha just messing those fiber optics are expensive cut one digging with a hoe one time boss man wasnt to happy
You still had a job after that?
Boss man like you. Those things are pricey!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #13
I'd rather be fishing..

SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You still had a job after that?
Boss man like you. Those things are pricey!!!
Hahaha nope i was fired Johnny on the spot although i had got the go ahead from him and others with shovels that it was clear and all lines were accounted for.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #14
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Delete the message. Duh.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #15
I'd rather be fishing..

SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunavut View Post
Delete the message. Duh.
Sorry i had to many wet dreams last night riding in my yacht with captains hat and cuban cigar
Old 04-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahaha nope i was fired Johnny on the spot although i had got the go ahead from him and others with shovels that it was clear and all lines were accounted for.
Shitty deal. Looks like they were just looking for a scapegoat there. I mean while it was you who actually nailed it, you were given the okay to go.

Idjits.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #18
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
If you stay in contact with this person you will find yourself fucked... No doubt. How is your email spam folder not filled with this kind of shit already? It amazes me how often people fall for this kind of stuff. If it sounds too good to be true IT IS!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #19
I'd rather be fishing..

SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
If you stay in contact with this person you will find yourself fucked... No doubt. How is your email spam folder not filled with this kind of shit already? It amazes me how often people fall for this kind of stuff. If it sounds too good to be true IT IS!
Yea i had the privilege of showing him some south Alabama lingo, and it was on fb. Not my personal email address, no personal info was exchanged. It woulda been nice id quit school, quit work, get a pirate flag and an island girl.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #20
I'd rather be fishing..

SWCB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Shitty deal. Looks like they were just looking for a scapegoat there. I mean while it was you who actually nailed it, you were given the okay to go.

Idjits.
Yep that is construction for ya no longer my profession BMD or pharmacy havent made up my mind yet