Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Mower issues mower won't engage when hot

Old 04-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
RESIST
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Mower issues mower won't engage when hot

Was wondering if anyone with a riding mower has this same issue. I have a White Outdoor LT-1850 Yard Machine/MTD. Whenever the mower gets hot the mower won't engage anywhere from a few seconds or not at all. I have to let it cool down.

It has those stupid safety features that won't allow you to mow in reverse, so it shuts down anytime I have to back up, then it won't start back up after that. It hasn't been a problem yet this year because it is still cool outside. Once that temp jumps up its gonna be a pain in the ass.

I'm thinking about disconnecting the safety devices just so I can use the stupid thing. Has anyone dealt with this on their mower?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 04-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have a button you push when you want to back up? It keeps it running. My Dad's old mower used to overheat when we worked it all day. He took the hood off and it was fine.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
RESIST
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
You don't have a button you push when you want to back up? It keeps it running. My Dad's old mower used to overheat when we worked it all day. He took the hood off and it was fine.
Unfortunately not. I wish it did. It simply turns off the mower or I turn it off. I don't have problems with the tractor overheating, just device that controls the mower deck. The manual refers to it as the PTO knob (power take off). It's all part of a safety interlock.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #4
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
That's odd. I've ridden john deere, craftsman, cub cadet, and simplicity and all have had something to allow you to back up. My dad's current simplicity has a switch you turn as soon as you turn on the pto and you never have to worry about it again. I could take out several small children. I would disconnect the safety crap or retrofit something from another model.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
RESIST

Lol. Even in the manual it states it will not allow the mower to function while going in reverse. Big pain in the ass. I'll try and rig the bitch so it doesn't turn off.