1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mower issues mower won't engage when hot

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by moondeath, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Apr 29, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    moondeath

moondeath [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    Was wondering if anyone with a riding mower has this same issue. I have a White Outdoor LT-1850 Yard Machine/MTD. Whenever the mower gets hot the mower won't engage anywhere from a few seconds or not at all. I have to let it cool down.

It has those stupid safety features that won't allow you to mow in reverse, so it shuts down anytime I have to back up, then it won't start back up after that. It hasn't been a problem yet this year because it is still cool outside. Once that temp jumps up its gonna be a pain in the ass.

I'm thinking about disconnecting the safety devices just so I can use the stupid thing. Has anyone dealt with this on their mower?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Apr 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    You don't have a button you push when you want to back up? It keeps it running. My Dad's old mower used to overheat when we worked it all day. He took the hood off and it was fine.

3. Apr 29, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    moondeath

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    Unfortunately not. I wish it did. It simply turns off the mower or I turn it off. I don't have problems with the tractor overheating, just device that controls the mower deck. The manual refers to it as the PTO knob (power take off). It's all part of a safety interlock.

4. Apr 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    That's odd. I've ridden john deere, craftsman, cub cadet, and simplicity and all have had something to allow you to back up. My dad's current simplicity has a switch you turn as soon as you turn on the pto and you never have to worry about it again. I could take out several small children. I would disconnect the safety crap or retrofit something from another model.

5. Apr 29, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    moondeath

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    Lol. Even in the manual it states it will not allow the mower to function while going in reverse. Big pain in the ass. I'll try and rig the bitch so it doesn't turn off.

Products Discussed in

To Top