Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Looking at an M416 trailer, couple questions.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at an M416 trailer, couple questions.

Hey all! I was able to find a guy that has an M416 trailer, in decent restorable condition. Not a lot of rust, decent paint, rolling/towable chassis with standard wheels and tires in good condition. He wants $1800 for it. I'm wondering if that sounds reasonable, seems good to me but I haven't actually seen it yet, just pictures. Also those of you that have one, what were some problem areas you found while working on it?

Thanks in advance! I hope to pick this up this weekend. Ill get a picture when I have time
Old 05-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Thats steep. If its in good shape and worth it to you, then go for it. Although I paid $750 for my M100, and it needed, still needs quite a bit of work.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
The 416s are a bit more rare than the 3/4 ton models and command a higher price. IMHO depending on your purposes they are perfect. the 3/4 ton trailers are too big to make a good expo trailer.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
The 416s are a bit more rare than the 3/4 ton models and command a higher price. IMHO depending on your purposes they are perfect. the 3/4 ton trailers are too big to make a good expo trailer.
True, a guy that lives a little ways from me has one. It is a pretty big trailer, much larger than anything I would want to run around in the mountains with.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #9
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
I have also been looking and love the ideas that have been made into reality. There is a lot of talent on this forum
Old 05-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #11
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Quote:
I beg to differ..
The m116a2 or the 101 are the best size for a camper. I have built a few. There are a crapload of builds over at Expo..Just flip the springs and change the hubs, man you got a rocket box ready to roll.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #12
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
I beg to differ..
The m116a2 or the 101 are the best size for a camper. I have built a few. There are a crapload of builds over at Expo..Just flip the springs and change the hubs, man you got a rocket box ready to roll.
Depends on where you plan to go with it. the additional weight would make it harder to traverse mud, snow, sand as well as any narrow passages between trees / rocks. If you simply want something that will be more comfortable to sleep in and carry more stuff then the 101 is a decent choice provided you stick to fire roads.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #13
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Quote:
Depends on where you plan to go with it. the additional weight would make it harder to traverse mud, snow, sand as well as any narrow passages between trees / rocks. If you simply want something that will be more comfortable to sleep in and carry more stuff then the 101 is a decent choice provided you stick to fire roads.

There are guys that build the 101 and take them to Moab. Plus once you put some caulk on the tailgate they can float and be used as mobile pools .
I will dig up some pics.