Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Advice needed for a property line dispute...

Old 05-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #61
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
The above suggestions seem pretty good, you should definitely get an attorney. A problem you could run into is how long he has occupied the disputed property. Without too many details (because I don't know them all), since the property was last surveyed back in 70 and he has occupied part of it for X many of years, this could become his (depending on local laws). This happened to us (for us I should say) in a house I grew up in. The fence was about a foot into our neighbors property (unbeknownst to either of us) when we had some stuff done. Long story short, this property became ours.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #62
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
An update to this whole property issue. I called the town PD and told them about the neighbor taking the line down and then called the surveyor and asked him if he could redo it. The surveyor was wicked nice, he charged me a small fee but redid the line. The town PD and the town inspector both stopped by as well just to get a look at this and both said everything looks good. I asked the PD if I could move the neighbors things that ended up on my side of the line and they said yes, as long as I don't keep anything that isn't mine. It took me about 30 mins to toss about a cord of stacked wood onto his side of the line.

After all that was done I set up a string line about 6 inches inside my property and set up about 60 feet of fence. Took me 3 days to do that, digging a post hole in rocky ground sucks! For some of the line I just set posts just to try and prevent the guy from easily pulling anything up again.

Even after all this the guy still isn't quitting. I get a knock on the door today and its the town inspector again. He said the guy had complained about my fence and claimed I didn't have a permit and it was on his side of the line. The inspector was wicked nice about it, he said he had to come out because of the complaint but that everything looked good and there was no problems.

In all of this the guy has never once directly initiated a talk with me. When I first started on the fence he was outside and could have easily come and talked to me, so what does he do? Go inside and send his wife out to talk to me! His wife! What kind of wussy coward gets his wife to talk? I seriously have zero respect for this "guy".
Old 07-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #63
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe he thought his wife could sweet talk you? hahaha. Glad to see you finally got a fence installed. I remember reading this when you first started talking about it. Seems he does not understand what the city says are the property dividers. I have a feeeling this is not the end of it, and this is why I love living in the country.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:35 AM   #64
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
An update to this whole property issue. ... ... I seriously have zero respect for this "guy".

You have one of those SOB neighbors that makes you want to take up mid-night sporting clays.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #65
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I wouldn't mind being a mile from the next nearest neighbor. I really don't know what is going on with these people since we have never actually had any conversations. My wife and I are basically live and let live kind of people, we leave everybody else alone and expect the same in return. I hate to say but I'm betting Bama is right and I probably haven't heard the last from them, who knows what else they'll try.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #66
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't mind being a mile from the next nearest neighbor. I really don't know what is going on with these people since we have never actually had any conversations. My wife and I are basically live and let live kind of people, we leave everybody else alone and expect the same in return. I hate to say but I'm betting Bama is right and I probably haven't heard the last from them, who knows what else they'll try.
See, I'm one of those SOBs that would have a bonfire with the pile of wood using the dirt as my fire ring....