1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have experience with Jared jewelry?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by mgrande, May 1, 2013.

1. May 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    mgrande

mgrande [OP] iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    The GF picked out a ring she likes over at Jared. They're have some sale this weekend, but do they have sales often? When is the best time to buy?

2. May 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    05Aztacoma

05Aztacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4
    The GF bought me a really nice watch at Jareds but I didn't care for it. She called them about exchanging it and they said that they couldn't because all watch sales are final. Around the same time her dad bought her a necklace with pendant, but the chain was too small and they said that they come as a set and if she needed a longer chain that she would have to buy it separately. It was really a pain in the ass trying to deal with them over small things. I would've thought that they would work a little with their customers to keep them happy and coming back. I would never shop there again!
    With that being said, I went to Shane Co. for her ring. Really professional, no pressure, and they only show you what is within your budget. Also Shane Co. doesn't try to sell you an extended or maintenance warranty; it is always included with your purchase.

3. May 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    My only dealings was with this uppity old hag who treated me and my friends like shit until she asked my buddy how he planned on paying for the $6k ring he was looking at, and tried to give him a credit app. He said I don't need that, I pay cash for everything. That changed her tune in a hurry, but it was too late. He didn't buy anything from them.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  4. May 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    I'm not sure about sales.

I bought my wife's engagement ring and our two bands from them. I also bought her a heart shaped necklace with our boys birthstones in it. On all of them I bought the lifetime warranty and it's amazing. She just has to have them checked once every 6 mos and they fix all damage or lost diamonds. Everything but total loss. They resized it twice, pregnancy, rebuilt the band after an unfortunate squashing and replaced one of the diamonds in the band that somehow fell out.

Very happy.

5. May 1, 2013 at 9:11 PM
    MP40

MP40 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD off road 4x4
    check out http://www.brilliantearth.com/ the wife and i bought our rings there, they are straight up and the sales guy never once looked down at either of us. their workmanship is top notch and if you have it shipped you get what you pay for (we made a vacation out of shopping in san fran for the rings and ordered later)

6. May 1, 2013 at 9:13 PM
    teamamerica

teamamerica Get off your horse and drink your milk.

Member:
    Wy
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    none yet
    i've always dealt with kay jewlers. no problems, and didnt pressure me into anything (even infront of the wife for her wedding ring) cant say much for jared though, not really thought of them when i bought my stuff. stay away from Zales though, most of the places don't even have the microscope to check the diamonds for quality.

7. May 2, 2013 at 5:30 AM
    guitarjamman

guitarjamman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram 2500
    I hate buying anything for the old lady from a chain retailer - If I can find them in a mall, I will not use them.

For her engagement ring and our wedding bands, we used:
    http://www.jamesallen.com

Her ring was appraised for $2K more than I paid for it, and they bend over backwards trying to please you for the life of the item.

If you are not comfortable buying online those types of purchases (jamesallen shows pictures of the actual diamonds you are buying), then try to find a local jeweler - they are more apt to help you out and take care of you if something goes wrong.

8. May 2, 2013 at 5:47 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Mike we will talk this over on Fri. when you see the pups.Away from my other half... Jim

9. May 2, 2013 at 6:03 AM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    when buying Jewelry stay away from stores. Do a google search and use a Gemologist.Most can do personal settings and much better quality for your money. D&L connection in Nevada, Do great work..( My grandpa) quality work without the having to pay for the store front.

10. May 2, 2013 at 6:35 AM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    Did she pick one out or did she settle for one? Mine settled and was blown away when I got her the one she wanted (special made for a slightly smaller stone but 6 in one, half dozen the other). If that's what she really wants go for it but I'd shop around. We went through all the chain stores before we finally went into a store that specializes in wedding rings. It was a nightmare but worked out in the end, free cleaning for life, yearly maintenance/replacement even when we PCS, and the whole thing appraised for 2K more than I paid.

11. May 2, 2013 at 7:10 AM

127.0.0.1 AKA ::1

Member:
    /etc/hosts
    Vehicle:
    2013 NBM AC 4.0 4x4 Auto OR
    Jared is the McDonalds of jewelry. no one there gives a crap about anything
    but moving product out the door.

best to find a word-of-mouth, local small jeweler, not backed by
    a faceless corporate shell when possible.

Signet owns Jared. The CEO once said this (no lie)

he explained to a major business conference that the reason why one of his products was so cheap
    was that it was "total crap". He then went on to unfavourably compare some of the company's earrings
    with a 99p prawn sandwich.

Signet also owns Sterling. Screw them !!
    Sterling Jewelers discriminated against female employees by paying them less than their male counterparts and denying promotions to them. Sterling Jewelers permitted or encouraged managers to deny female employees equal pay compared with men in similar positions and equal access to promotions, the EEOC said.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  12. May 2, 2013 at 7:23 AM
    KJaikaran

KJaikaran Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
    URD intake/maf calibrator, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon UCA, OME Dakar leaf packs, Bilstein extended rear shocks, 3 degree axle shims, Carrier bearing drop bracket, DS2 retro, 5k HID bulds top and bottom
    When it comes to jewelry do your research because it is a quick way to get ripped off. I own a Cash4Gold store here in Orlando and my good friend and also business partner owns 3 jewelry stores "Precious Fine Jewelers". 1 in Florida mall, and 2 in Oviedo mall. If your in Orlando and have a picture of the ring or have a good idea of what it looks like you can always stop by the Oviedo mall store which is our biggest and you will get a lot better price, or maybe find something she would like better. PM me if you have any questions.

Those big name jewelry stores always have sales because their prices are tremendously inflated. A lot of the times they have very poor quality stones in them also which you can spot out with some research. I get a lot of diamonds that come in and i turn them away because of quality.

13. May 2, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    hawker25

hawker25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    Honestly in my opinion you can get a good deal on jewlery at almost any shop. Although many times the small places will deal with you more if they know you know what you are doing. The problem is that most people no crap about precious metal or gems. They go into a shop and expect a salesman to have their best interests at heart instead of the salemans next paycheck. Spend some time on google if you have no other avenues available and you can learn a lot. Also get your own gem scope. The loops in the store are fairly low power most of the time, 30x or less, and i like to take a closer look. I use at least a 50x They are less than $50 in most cases and will last you the rest of your life. Learn what moissanite is and how to id it. Hint it is more brilliant than diamonds most of the time. It isn't dull like the old cubic zirconia and most of the stuff labeled as cubic is now actually moissanite. I have bought many pieces off craigslist and out of pawn shops that blow away most of the stuff in places like Jareds or Kays, but you have to know what you are looking for. I was lucky enough to have some family who taught me these things when i was younger but you can find all of the info to learn online now.

14. May 2, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    mgrande

mgrande [OP] iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    Thanks guys. I wish I could shop around more, but since she picked an exact ring out I'm kinda obligated into buying that exact one. :(

15. May 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    No way. My lady picked an exact ring from kay jewlers. I took a picture of it into my local jewler and he had dang near the exact one. I couldnt tell any difference, but he of course could. He is a great guy too, he's a little more spendy than the big name places, but I have zero problem with that. Try a few local places before you do the big name guys.

16. May 2, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Nice, Ill be PM'ing you..

:smack:VVVVVVV SEE THIS & THIS ^^^^

BINGO, Ive got some killer deals at a small shop in Orl. for 20 years,,,,,,,,I also love to look for high $$ stuff at pawn shops. I got the other half a 2 1/2 cart. rock (For our 40TH) from a pawn shop 2 years ago for 5K that is like 10K wholesale. 20k at one of the big name stores.:) Jim,,, PS.. Do not get ripped off Mike you are too nice a person..

17. May 2, 2013 at 10:47 AM
    05Aztacoma

05Aztacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4
    Sterling Jewelers, Inc. is a specialty jewelry company headquartered in Akron, Ohio, United States. The company was founded in 1910 by Henry Shaw (the father of Jerry Shaw, the chairman emeritus of Sterling today), from LeRoy's Jewelers in Lorain, Ohio. Sterling Jewelers is a wholly owned subsidiary of Signet Jewelers Limited (listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SIG), having been acquired in 1987.[1] Sterling is the largest specialty fine jewelry company in the United States by sales and number of stores. The company operates chains of fine jewelry stores in the United States, with 1,414 stores in all 50 states as of 5 August 2008. Mark Light is the President and Chief Executive of Sterling Inc.
    Signet Jewelers, based in the U.K. is the world's largest specialty retail jeweler by sales, with stores in the US, UK, Republic of Ireland and Channel Islands. Approximately 78% of company sales are derived from the 12 different store brands operating in the U.S. They include Kay's, Jared's, JB Robinson, Marks & Morgan, and Belden Jewelers among others (all of which operate as Sterling divisions). Nearly all of these stores are located in malls where there is also a Kay store and target a similar customer. In many cases there are three or more Sterling stores competing under different names within a 300-yard radius of each other.
    Sterling's main competitor is Zale Corporation, which operates the #2 US specialty retail jewelry chain. According to the company's 2 February 2008 Annual Report & Accounts, Sterling has the #2 position in the US with a 4.2% market share of all jewelry purchases (compared to Wal-Mart at 4.5%, a substantial amount of that being types of jewelry which Sterling does not sell). Sterling has a leading 8.8% market share in the specialty jeweler market share (highest in the sector), compared to Zale Corporation at 6.4% (#2 position).
    Sterling has been the largest corporate sponsor of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and holds many fund-raisers for the hospital, always donating all profits made from the fund-raiser. Since 1999, over $30 million has been raised, with $2.4 million in 2006 alone and more than $4 million in 2011. The company also sponsors many other charities and causes, such as the West Side Relay for Life benefiting cancer organizations.
    Store Brands

Kay Jewelers
    Jared The Galleria of Jewelry
    J.B. Robinson Jewelers
    Osterman Jewelers
    Belden Jewelers
    Friedlander Jewelers
    Goodman Jewelers
    LeRoys Jewelers
    Marks & Morgan Jewelers
    Rogers Jewelers
    Shaws Jewelers