Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Have you met anyone famous?

Old 05-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #41
kws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kws129's Tacoma Gallery
Met Frank from American pickers in Rochester a couple years ago. Cool guy, chatted a while and bought my bubby and I a round of beers.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:32 AM   #42
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I met all of dream theater, and was on jack hannahs show when i was a kid. Also met oates, of holland oates
Old 05-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #43
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
emmitt smith (ATL airport), richard petty (farewell tour signing), michael vick and jamal anderson (school fundraiser)
Old 05-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #44
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
Tim Robbins (Shawshank Redemption) at Denver Airport. Didn't share a beer or any cool story.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #45
Grumpy old man - get off my lawn
rleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant future
Name: Roger
rleete's Tacoma Gallery
Back in the early 1980's, I lived outside of Washington D.C. My roommate and I went into Georgetown (bar district) on his birthday. We were in some small but classy bar - all I remember of it was the wood paneling - and I was trying to get the bartender to give my friend a free drink.

Some guy behind me says, "I'll buy you both a drink." I turned around and standing there was Ted Kennedy. He bought a couple of drinks and one for himself. We went over to a table and chatted for a while. Some suit came up and whispered in his ear; he excused himself and left.

Now my personal politics are about as directly opposed as you can get from the late Senator. But I have to say he was gracious, likable and genuinely a nice guy to have a drink with. I understand how he did well in politics, with that kind of personality.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #46
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
Lynn Swan, back in the late 90's in SF, he actually put on some inline skates and we got him up and moving....spent about an hour hanging with him...

even in retirement, that dude was a chiseled piece of art....
Old 05-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #47
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
No, but I might be meeting Jeff Gordon next time I go to a race, will definitely get pics of that! He is like the only famous person I idolize. I idolized The Intimidator too, but getting a pic with him is never going to happen unfortunately. A friend of mine told me how the voice actor for Batman in the animated show used to come eat at the restaurant he worked at when he was a dishwasher. Can't remember what the guy's name was, but it wasn't the actor that played in The Dark Knight movies. That's saying something for a tiny hick town in Montana though!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #48
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Ricky Rudd, who was a friend of my Dad's in High School.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #49
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Ive met the current members of Deep Purple, Mountain, April Wine, and Tommy Lee.. plus a few others. My buddies dad is the drummer for Mountain, so he takes us to a lot of concerts and gets us back stage. Hes also taken us to a few sets where they are shooting tv shows.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #50
Senior MoFo'ing Member
07SpeedwaySport will become famous soon enough
07SpeedwaySport's Tacoma Gallery
Dave Chapelle regularly hangs out at Diamonds Lounge in Centerville Oh (Dayton)
i saw him there 2 nights in a row...chilling with a bottle of the buddly.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #51
Senior MoFo'ing Member
07SpeedwaySport will become famous soon enough
07SpeedwaySport's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, And I served John Kerry and his kids when he came to the restaurant i worked at during that election...I should have kept his fork or something.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #52
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
The only celeb/famous person that I have talked to is the Turtle Man!!

Old 05-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #53
kirk4698 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Navy veteran And EMT
Name: kirk
kirk4698's Tacoma Gallery
Met billy currington once
Attached Thumbnails
Have you met anyone famous?-303840_10150472290014050_1903507575_n.jpg  
Old 05-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #54
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
Met Baby Bash at a strip club, Wes Studi at a party and this past weekend saw Hank Baskett at the the craps table. Kendra wasn't with him so I didn't care to talk with him...
Old 05-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #55
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Met Ron Howard when I was a kid. And worked on Harrison fords plane but always seemed to leave work just as he would show up :-(
Old 05-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #56
alwaysfaded is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
alwaysfaded's Tacoma Gallery
Met Slug from Atmosphere, was awesome.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #57
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Hung out with the Avett Brothers in NY before they were too big, and partied all night with Modern English in Lexington, KY.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #58
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Have you met anyone famous?
Yes
Old 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #59
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Met Kenny Chesney Saturday night. did not get to get a pic, but cool guy.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #60
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
Met the cast of supertroopers last year in Raleigh, NC hotel at a continental breakfast. Said they were filming for supertroopers 2, I hope so. Great bunch of dudes.