Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Credit Card Refund Question

Old 05-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
PVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Enforcement Division
Name: Paul
PVT Pablo's Tacoma Gallery
Credit Card Refund Question

Hello TW,

I have a banking quandary so I have come to tacoma world to solve it! So, I recently payed off my credit card, so now it has a $0.00 balance. I am due in a week or so to get a refund on some stuff I bought for around 600 bucks. How does that work? How can they refund me money on my credit card, if it is completely paid off? Will I have extra credit card limit until I spend 600 dollars on it?

Thanks, I know ya'll will come through.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
They will give you a $600 credit
Old 05-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Yah it will just give you a 600 dollar credit, Im sure if you wanted they would be someway to get the 600 dollars in a check but im not sure how that completely works with your credit card company.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
PVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedPVT Pablo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
So lets assume my credit card limit is $10,000. If my balance after I payed it off is $0.00 and I receive a $600 credit, what will my statement say?
Old 05-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

you can spend $600 without owing any money.

so it should say amount due: ($600)
Old 05-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Probably the place that refunded you and it will be a credit of 600. instead of a purchase. Then youre credit limit will say 10,600.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
Ah ok thats what I was looking for, thank you very much. Jeez thats weird.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #8

Youre credit limit wont be $10600. You will just be able to spend $600 without owing anything.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Youre credit limit wont be $10600. You will just be able to spend $600 without owing anything.
Yah hes right, Sorry for the incorrect answer.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #10
Hmm... I feel that my bank statement should reflect this somehow, seeing as I would have no proof otherwise. Well either way thanks guys, I was just worried they wouldn't be able to give it to me.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #11

Haha no worries I thought the same thing before as well.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #12
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
It will show a credit balance but won't affect your credit limit. Some credit card banks will send a check if the balance stays on the card for more than a couple of months. You could also call the credit card bank and have them send you a refund check.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #13
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Call and ask. Had to do this my old bank sent two payments instead of one to the CC. They said I had to wait a few days for it to clear then I could request a check. I ended up needing to make a large purchase and in the end just used the CC for it.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #14
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
They will not sent you a refund check, their business is to make money, they keep your money so they can charge you the fee(s). if you have $10,000. and all paid off, and you have $600 refunds. When your statement come it would say -$600.00 ( that meant the bank owned you)
Old 05-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #15
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Blk_one View Post
They will not sent you a refund check, their business is to make money, they keep your money so they can charge you the fee(s). if you have $10,000. and all paid off, and you have $600 refunds. When your statement come it would say -$600.00 ( that meant the bank owned you)
Yes they will. I've done it multiple times.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #16
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
You can call and request a refund check, I got one from Citibank last week...

Howard