Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Doing Business Over Text Message, Good or Bad?

Old 05-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #1
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Doing Business Over Text Message, Good or Bad?

Right, just as the title states, is it acceptable or unacceptable to do business over text message?

I bought my truck 3 months ago and my sales lady would never call me or answer her phone instead I would get a bunch of text messages to negotiate little things.

I don't mind barging with buddies on the prices of his rims over text but once it is a professional or corporate business agenda I think no texting.

What are your opinions?

P.s.
Can a mod put a poll in for me please...Ok, Not Ok, and I don't care
Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
I personally prefer negotiating via email or something in writing like a text. A text is by no means a binding agreement and my personal preference is always email, but i'd be down. When i locked in the rate on my home refinance it was initially done via text til the forms were printed/signed.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
A few + years ago, absolutely not. However now it is quite acceptable as an informal means but I would not take anything in txt as a legally binding agreement. Get it in writing vial email or paper after an agreement has been reached.

I am in the process of selling my house and much of the "informal talk" with my realtor and attorney is done via txt. Once answers are concluded, emails are then sent back and forth.

I tend to think of it like rough drafts

In you do not want to converse like that, simply ask the person to do it another way. If they refuse, find another person to do business with.