LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Recommendations on hair trimmer/clippers

Old 05-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Recommendations on hair trimmer/clippers

Need a new one. Anyone have any recommendations?
Old 05-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Since you keep proclaiming you are old, you should get one of these for out-of-control nostril hair.

It is a single-purpose tool, but it is far better and more relaible than any electric alternative I have found:

http://www.amazon.com/Groom-Mate-Pla.../dp/B000EBFJXS

For metrosexual grooming like your chest (assuming it has any hair) and nads (ditto), I can't help you, bankerboi.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.naircare.com/men/landing.aspx
Old 05-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Since you keep proclaiming you are old, you should get one of these for out-of-control nostril hair.

It is a single-purpose tool, but it is far better and more relaible than any electric alternative I have found:

For metrosexual grooming like your chest (assuming it has any hair) and nads (ditto), I can't help you, bankerboi.
Don't need those yet. Not for chest. For the hair ontop of my head...seeing how I still have it there unlike others..
Old 05-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskquatch11 View Post
Don't want to go bald, just need to trim the hair ontop of my head.... geez
Old 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Don't need those yet. Not for chest. For the hair ontop of my head...seeing how I still have it there unlike others..
#peterpeckerbeaterprobs
Old 05-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
#peterpeckerbeaterprobs
Sick Dick
Old 05-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
I have Conair Simple Cut. $10 at walmart and they've cut my hair flawlessly for about 10 cuts now I guess. I know not many but for $10 im not complaining
Old 05-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #9
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Wahl that I use on my dogs, got it cheap at Wal-Mart. It works great, had it for several years. I am sure their people ones are good, too.

Careful with those nose hair trimmers, they can be a torture device, pulling the hair rather than cutting it.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #10
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I have Conair Simple Cut. $10 at walmart and they've cut my hair flawlessly for about 10 cuts now I guess. I know not many but for $10 im not complaining
Cheap! I dig!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
I have a Wahl that I use on my dogs, got it cheap at Wal-Mart. It works great, had it for several years. I am sure their people ones are good, too.

Careful with those nose hair trimmers, they can be a torture device, pulling the hair rather than cutting it.
I've heard good things about Wahl. Will definitely check them out.

Don't need nose trimmers (yet)
Old 05-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #11
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This damn thing better work.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #12
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Cheap! I dig!
Yeah it works well lol comes with 1-4 clippers
Old 05-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #13
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Yeah it works well lol comes with 1-4 clippers
sweet. yeah i usually do a 1 on the sides and like a 4 up top
Old 05-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #14

It should work fine for you then.

Here is the same kit plus Scissors
http://www.amazon.com/Conair-Basic-H...ce+haircut+kit
Old 05-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #15
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
one of the saddest days of my life was when my barber told me to quit coming in for haircuts..he hated taking my money. effer!

he then suggested i buy a pro trimmer. he vehemently suggested that i spend my money on a Oster Classic 76.

i think i paid $150ish with three blades. nothing cuts like length dedicated steel blades. those plastic combs trying to adjust the cut of the single blade..lame.

i have been doing this for 5 years now. at $20 per pop..every three weeks..plus tip. i've saved over $1500..hahaha.

and just cutting my hair; the blades barely work. i am still on the same 00 blade. i havent needed a new one or sharpened this one yet.

go with a pro cutter friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Recommendations on hair trimmer/clippers-buzzer.jpg  
Old 05-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #16
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Get a nice Wahl or Oster kit
Old 05-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #17
maconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of light

maconhurler's Tacoma Gallery
I've owned 2 Wahls (approximately $40 each) and have had them last for 5ish years each before I finally decided to get new clippers, doubt I really needed to get new ones then. Never sharpened blades or changed blades. The occasional oiling and brushing of hair out of the inside.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #18
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
All good info. Thanks amigos. I used to have a family friend do it for me at her shop, but she's made me mad, so time to DIY it
Old 05-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #19

Quote:
All good info. Thanks amigos. I used to have a family friend do it for me at her shop, but she's made me mad, so time to DIY it
Wouldn't have sex with you? Understandable
Old 05-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #20

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
This damn thing better work.

I was fed up with the cheap electric Medieval torture devices. Operating this takes a little getting used to, but couldn't be simpler. Never tugs, doesn't dull thick blades with big bevels), never runs out of juice, and never fluctuates wildly between zero and 3 million RPM depending on angle of attack, relative humidity, and whether it got laid recently.